I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm going to need all your support.
I'm 14 years of age going on 15 in a few months here, and I weigh 245 pounds.
My goal? Lose 120 pounds by 2012.
It may take me 2 years, but if I do it gradually, its possible. However, I don't know where to start!
Can you help me?
Any tips on how to eat healthy would be great. Keep these facts in mind:
- I'm almost 15
- I can't ride a bike (doesn't mean I can't learn, but it would be rather embarrassing learning at 15)
- I can swim GREAT (do it for fun, but get tired easy, like after 30 minutes)
- I could probably find a treadmill somewhere in the house, lol
- I have Wii Fit (always talking smack behind my back, ugh)
- I have a little sister, and I want to be a good active example
- My girlfriend who I've been dating for over a year wants to be healthier too (Shes around 118 lbs)
- Diabetes skips generations in my family, and landed on me. Up to me if I want to avoid it.
- I don't even know how to do a proper push-up. Not even my old coach told me how.
- My grandparents have plenty of gym equipment they could "donate".
- My neighborhood is quite "ghetto", so I don't feel comfortable taking jogs.
- Junk food always seems to be accessible, and it always teases me.
- I have a really slow metabolism.
With this info, can you give me some tips on how to stay fit and healthy?
Thank you so much, and wish me luck.