1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

The delegates have arrived in Copenhagen for the climate summit.

Some 40,000 tons of carbon will be spewed getting this crowd together and keeping them in comfort.

That is the daily amount of carbon dioxide produced by 30 of the world's smaller countries, according to UN statistics.

1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

And a little video to boot - VIDEO

1:46....:lol:

Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Hah, yea. I read about this yesterday. The global warmers are so full of ****. What a crock.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
well they gotta ride in style.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

You bring up a logical and well constructed point up to argue against current climate science.

Oh wait...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Yeah, I found the irony quite humorous.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
That's kind of funny in an unfortunate way.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
You guys don't want to go to my party then?
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
lol that video is funny
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Ok mate, you expect delegates to show up to a controversial meeting in public transport where protesters could reach them? The private plane thing, that's a bit rough, but even then - what if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them? Yes there is some hypocrisy going on, but I wouldn't want to come in contact with a crowd of angry protesters on my way to a climate change meeting.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

You bring up a logical and well constructed point up to argue against current climate science.

Oh wait...

htekemerald

He never claimed to...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58416 Posts

Ok mate, you expect delegates to show up to a controversial meeting in public transport where protesters could reach them? The private plane thing, that's a bit rough, but even then - what if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them? Yes there is some hypocrisy going on, but I wouldn't want to come in contact with a crowd of angry protesters on my way to a climate change meeting.F1_2004

I would think that would be more likely to happen rolling up in an easily-noticed luxury car than a bus

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
Yup, but they have power and we don't, so they can do whatever the **** they want.
SpidersRMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpidersRMe
Member since 2006 • 6201 Posts

What if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them?F1_2004
Assassinations aren't going to have a signifigant impact on the environment.

Also, what does caviar even taste like?

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
They had a private bus for delegates, nothing public, but they all decided to show up on luxury vehicles, that's pathetic, ha ha.
Mark_the_Lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mark_the_Lie
Member since 2009 • 482 Posts

Oh wait...

htekemerald

You can't argue with warmers, the same way you can't argue with someone who believes in Santa Claus or God or an invisible flying unicorn . They refuse to acknowledge that their "data" has been flawed from the beginning, and that man-made global warming is nothing more than a political tool for blind extremists to cling to. All you can do is point out their hypocrisy and hope they realize that what they believe is in an elaborate scam.

If I say, "the world is going to end unless we stop drinking soda," and then I go drink more sodas than anyone I know, that raises serious questions about the actual strength of my convictions and my real motives. The same applies to Al Gore, and the other hpocritical warmers out there. If they really cared about the environment, they wouldn't make this huge carbon footprint...but they are. Thus, because these people who claim "authority" over caring about the environment clearly do not care for it, it raises the same questions about convictions and motives with respect to them. You'd have to be a fool to buy into this crap based on what they've told us so far.

Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

Fight fire with fire, I guess.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
...and on the free delegates bus... *dustball rolls by* Fab vid :)
ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
Well, I guess you can do whatever the **** you want when you're a politician. Maybe I should be one... :/.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolbeans90

Ok mate, you expect delegates to show up to a controversial meeting in public transport where protesters could reach them? The private plane thing, that's a bit rough, but even then - what if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them? Yes there is some hypocrisy going on, but I wouldn't want to come in contact with a crowd of angry protesters on my way to a climate change meeting.F1_2004

I think if they really cared at all about climate change, public officials would act in the manner their constituents would be forced to. Why should public officials not have to make any sacrifices?

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

Do you expect the world's elite to make rules for the rest of us at Denny's?

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Ok mate, you expect delegates to show up to a controversial meeting in public transport where protesters could reach them? The private plane thing, that's a bit rough, but even then - what if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them? Yes there is some hypocrisy going on, but I wouldn't want to come in contact with a crowd of angry protesters on my way to a climate change meeting.coolbeans90

I think if they really cared at all about climate change, public officials would act in the manner their constituents would be forced to. Why should public officials not have to make any sacrifices?

Fair enough but how are the constituents forced to bus it? If I go to a random job interview or meeting somewhere, I'd drive. I wouldn't take the bus either. People are saying "luxury vehicles" as if it's something special... they're just some black Audis. The president supposedly represents his people, yet he usually takes a massive jet and a mile-long motorcade with him wherever he goes.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Lead by example! Alright! And that's an example I'll be following all the time!

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Ok mate, you expect delegates to show up to a controversial meeting in public transport where protesters could reach them? The private plane thing, that's a bit rough, but even then - what if some anti-climate change nut (of which there are too many) buys a ticket just to get near them? Yes there is some hypocrisy going on, but I wouldn't want to come in contact with a crowd of angry protesters on my way to a climate change meeting.F1_2004

Fair enough but how are the constituents forced to bus it? If I go to a random job interview or meeting somewhere, I'd drive. I wouldn't take the bus either. People are saying "luxury vehicles" as if it's something special... they're just some black Audis. The president supposedly represents his people, yet he usually takes a massive jet and a mile-long motorcade with him wherever he goes.

I'm not saying that it isn't normal for a President to do live in such a manner. However, in the support of climate change, shouldn't he try to tone it down a little? There are no doubts that climate regulation will make life more costly to take advantage of carbon emitting "luxuries." If the leaders of these nations were even trying to convey a respectable message, why wouldn't they personally take part in climate friendly actions?

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
People are pissed off that the president is bowing to royalty, and now they want him roll up in a 96 Honda Accord? How would that look?