1-18-08 - Cloverfield

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TaintedEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TaintedEon
Member since 2007 • 942 Posts

Did anybody see that KILLER trailer before Transformers for the movie "Cloverfield" comming out 1-18-08? Ohhh myyy gggood!

That movie has so much buzz, an ARG, and like six branch off websites about it, all for backstory and history, and it's six months away! That movie, looks awesome. I have a piece of paper FILLED with information, data, and websites for me to track it down. I was able to enter my email address and I would be contacted August 1st to see if I am "one of them". I was like..."I hope this is the same movie." XD

www.ethanhaaswasright.com

Enjoy, if anybody wants some of my research/data on what I think the "Creature" and the "plot" of the movie is, just reply and I'll post some.

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
This is the very reason people go on sprees...
TaintedEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TaintedEon

This is the very reason people go on sprees...Apollo5000

...Oh no, a guy is hyped about a movie, call the police.

Give me a break.

Locke_108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Locke_108
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

Yes. We were aware of this before Transformers came out. :|

It was still super awesome, though. Can't wait for it. I was actually JUST talking to my friend about it right when I read this topic. :P Anyway,

"The film starts with a rescue crew cleaning up after the entire incident, and one of them finds a camera. They rewind the tape, and press play... and the playback is the movie that unfolds."

Does that remind anybody of the FLASHBACKS in LOST? Man I'm excited for this, JJ Abram is too awesome. 8)

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Apollo5000

[QUOTE="Apollo5000"]This is the very reason people go on sprees...TaintedEon

...Oh no, a guy is hyped about a movie, call the police.

Give me a break.

No, its okay to be hyped about a movie. Its damn anoying when people don't shut up about a film nobody knows anything about.

TaintedEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TaintedEon

Yes. We were aware of this before Transformers came out. :|

It was still super awesome, though. Can't wait for it. I was actually JUST talking to my friend about it right when I read this topic. :P Anyway,

"The film starts with a rescue crew cleaning up after the entire incident, and one of them finds a camera. They rewind the tape, and press play... and the playback is the movie that unfolds."

Does that remind anybody of the FLASHBACKS in LOST? Man I'm excited for this, JJ Abram is too awesome. 8)

Locke_108

Haha, freaky.

True the movie was "being made" before Transformers, but that Trailer as well as the sites, popped up a week or less before the trailer did. So technically they sparked the buzz off Transformers. I love how the movie starts with the ending, so awesome.

Uhh, people know quite a bit about it, and on August 1st we will know even more.

00stick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 00stick
Member since 2004 • 2234 Posts

i search that link in google and found this link

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/helpme/

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Apollo5000

i search that link in google and found this link

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/helpme/

00stick

That is not an offical site of the film, just a fan made one.

Grouch0de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Grouch0de
Member since 2005 • 7251 Posts
The trailer was lousy. What kind of movie needs that kind of hype?
iloverikku11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iloverikku11
Member since 2005 • 11039 Posts
is that one where there are the earthquake things and the flaming car? cuz if not i never heard or seen it.

EDIT: I just watched the trailer that was the one, dude, that is totally GODZILLA!!!!!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts
I present to you the villain of Cloverfield:

Grouch0de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grouch0de
Member since 2005 • 7251 Posts
is that one where there are the earthquake things and the flaming car? cuz if not i never heard or seen it.

EDIT: I just watched the trailer that was the one, dude, that is totally GODZILLA!!!!!!!iloverikku11
I seriously doubt it.
skittlesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skittlesman
Member since 2005 • 1042 Posts

Hey guys, the Ethan Haas site might not have nothing to do with the film becuase apperantly it has to do something to do with an RPG game coming out made by MindStorm Labs and its called Alpha Omega, heres a link to some screens after all the puzzles have been solved http://ffxiresource.com/devel/ethanhaas/

but there are other sites out there that Paramount have made websites that has stuff to do with 1-18-08 "Cloverfeild."

This is all I have read about on other fourms and JJ Abrams has sent an e-mail out to people about the Eathan Haas thing being fake

"Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support of our little movie. I can't wait to talk to you more about it -- of course, knowing you, by the time we talk you'll know more than I will.

Regarding the online stuff you posted: yeah, we're doing some fun stuff on the web. But, obviously, if the movie doesn't kick some massive ASS, who gives a rat's about what's online? So as you can imagine, we're focusing mostly on THAT. For what it's worth, the only site of ours that people have even FOUND is the 1-18-08.com site. The others (like the Ethan Haas sites) have nothing to do with us.

Stay cool the rest of the summer -- and thanks per usual for AICN!

JJ"

Source http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33261

may be fake who knows just gotta wait