UPDATE: Jay-Z ft. Kanye West & Rihanna - We Run This Town (Single Released)

kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kobegill
Member since 2003 • 22231 Posts

JUST GOT WORD: NEW Jay-Z single coming this Friday called Run This Town with Kanye and Rihanna! STOKED!!! Plus, here's what his album promo schedule will look like... I better get an invite to the Rocawear 10 year party!

* Sept 10 - "Run This Town" webcast from Rocawear 10 year anniversary party in NY

* Sept 11 - Blueprint 3 album release & NYC concert assoc. w/NYC Fireman's charity.

* Sept 13 - MTV Awards performance

* Sept 14 - Jay Leno's primetime NBC series premiere performance (first musical guest ever)

Seacrest, Letterman, and more appearances to come...

Spotted @ Rap Radar

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
prolly garbage
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
prolly garbagefat_rob
Another fat_rob prediction soon to be wrong :P
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fat_rob
[QUOTE="fat_rob"]prolly garbageProobie44

name one prediction I got wrong in the last year...
iHeartCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iHeartCali
Member since 2008 • 6198 Posts
[QUOTE="fat_rob"]prolly garbageProobie44

couldn't have said it better myself...
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts

[QUOTE="Proobie44"][QUOTE="fat_rob"]prolly garbagefat_rob

"i'm probably going to end up bumping Asher's album a lot"

"this album is basura (maybe you said garbo) not worth listening to... sucks" (or something along those lines lol...)

Unless you somehow think that album is totally balls and don't like it but still bump it a lot or did after release :?

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fat_rob

[QUOTE="fat_rob"][QUOTE="Proobie44"][QUOTE="fat_rob"]prolly garbageelpooz

"i'm probably going to end up bumping Asher's album a lot"

"this album is basura (maybe you said garbo) not worth listening to... sucks" (or something along those lines lol...)

Unless you somehow think that album is totally balls and don't like it but still bump it a lot or did after release :?

Never said I thought it was gonna be good, but considering that I know a lot of people that think he's the second coming...I did bump this album a lot (parties, chillin, cars, etc)...hell, I was the one that showed my friends Asher in the first place...tides have turned now though...people think he's wack...lol casual hip-hop fans...and I don'tt ever think I said it was not worth listening to...Be By Myself alone is worth the album listen...song is crack
kobegill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kobegill
Member since 2003 • 22231 Posts
Jay-Z[click to read] recently spoke to Reuters about his upcoming album, Blueprint 3. Having gone months in virtual secrecy, he finally revealed some of the features on the long-awaited project.

Jay divulged to Reuters that the CD will see appearances by Rihanna, Kid Cudi, Drake, Mr. Hudson, MGMT, and Kanye West. 'Ye will also join No I.D. [click to read] and Timbaland on the bulk of the production work.

Although Hov recently dropped the somewhat controversial "D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)," the song is not considered to be the album's first single. According to SOHH.com, the official first single off of Blueprint 3 was originally confirmed by DJ Skee to be Jay's collaboration with newcomer Drake. However, Jay recently decided to swap that track for his joint collaboration with Kanye West and Rihanna, titled "Run This Town." The single is reportedly hitting airwaves on July 24.

Blueprint 3 will release on September 11, exactly eight years after the first Blueprint released.
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fat_rob
Guest appearances sound awful...
DeadQwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DeadQwon
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts
MGMT... smh.
iHeartCali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iHeartCali
Member since 2008 • 6198 Posts
MGMT... smh.DeadQwon
lmao I need to delete that album off my computer, haven't played it in a long time. Time to Pretend is so corny....
Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts

MGMT... smh.DeadQwon

MGMT is my ish... 

DeadQwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeadQwon
Member since 2008 • 594 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadQwon"]MGMT... smh.Magna_Man109

MGMT is my ish... 

And tastes differ, horribly.

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
[QUOTE="Magna_Man109"]

[QUOTE="DeadQwon"]MGMT... smh.DeadQwon

MGMT is my ish... 

And tastes differ, horribly.

Just drop acid and then listen to them...

/joke.

damelokidd124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 damelokidd124
Member since 2005 • 8102 Posts

Run This Town

Kanye had a chance to kill Hov on a track FINALLY but he didnt take the oppurtunity.. Still wont predict what the albums gonna sound like but this is coo.. Especially the first verse IMO

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fat_rob
song is garbage
CiscoKidd409

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CiscoKidd409
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
I thought Ye's verse was nice, but I only half listened as always on first listen. I'm feelin the beat to
SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoulEater30
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

Lol at Kanye and Rihanna having anything to do with New York.

Song is okay though, still don't expect much from BP3.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IsThisIt_basic
Member since 2002 • 27130 Posts

Jay-Z[click to read] recently spoke to Reuters about his upcoming album, Blueprint 3. Having gone months in virtual secrecy, he finally revealed some of the features on the long-awaited project.

Jay divulged to Reuters that the CD will see appearances by Rihanna, Kid Cudi, Drake, Mr. Hudson, MGMT, and Kanye West. 'Ye will also join No I.D. [click to read] and Timbaland on the bulk of the production work.

Although Hov recently dropped the somewhat controversial "D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)," the song is not considered to be the album's first single. According to SOHH.com, the official first single off of Blueprint 3 was originally confirmed by DJ Skee to be Jay's collaboration with newcomer Drake. However, Jay recently decided to swap that track for his joint collaboration with Kanye West and Rihanna, titled "Run This Town." The single is reportedly hitting airwaves on July 24.

Blueprint 3 will release on September 11, exactly eight years after the first Blueprint released.kobegill

OMG ... I've been saying this would be Jay's worst album for some time now, but this looks at least twice as bad as I could have ever expected.

As for this single, though ... it's okay. Nothing I could picture myself listening to a whole lot, and definetely not something I'd see myself listening to in ten years, but it's ... I dunno, okay. Here's how I'd rank the elements of the song, from best to worst:

1. The beat (guess Kanye still has some good beats left in him)
2. Rihanna's vocalizing in the post-chorus (very effective)
3. Kanye's verse (nothing amazing, but okay ... I can't help but feel that some gutter-*** dude with a gravely voice (or at least Young Jeezy) would have lent this song the street cred that it needed to balance things out ... but I guess we'll have to settle for Kanye rapping about mood rings. Whatever.
4. Rihanna's hook ... she should stick to vocalizing or hooks like "Live Your Life" where she just says one thing over and over ... drawn out hooks like this really spotlight how painful it is to hear Rihanna sing words.
5. Some truly forgettable Jay-Z verses ... I mean, he really sounded like he was phoning this one in.