Nas coming in December: Reveals Album Title!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

When you thought this winter couldn't get any better. We got Beans, Lil' Weezy, Lupe Fiasco Fiasogate, Jay-Z, and now Nas! Its gonna be a cold winter folks. Nas announced album title Friday night at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The new album will betitled "N****". How ignorant is that?

Nas is still expected to go head to head with Hova on November 6 releasing his Greatest Hits LP. More info on "N****" as we get it.

Link: http://theprofessionalhater.com/2007/10/14/nas-coming-in-december-reveals-album-title/

Supposedly it's a concept album with him rapping from a rascist's perspective. I don't know what to think.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d35c9a221da
deactivated-62d35c9a221da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-62d35c9a221da
Member since 2004 • 5829 Posts
:lol: that's pretty unexpected.
Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts
O...........kay.............
jubjub13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jubjub13
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts

what would you say if you called best buy to ask if his album was there "ya.......do you guys have any copies of that new Nas cd um......Nig......Ni....Negro :?" :lol:

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts

what would you say if you called best buy to ask if his album was there "ya.......do you guys have any copies of that new Nas cd um......Nig......Ni....Negro :?" :lol:

jubjub13

I was thinkin the same thing. :lol:

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts
I think for short and for white people it's also called the "N"
Avatar image for deactivated-62d35c9a221da
deactivated-62d35c9a221da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-62d35c9a221da
Member since 2004 • 5829 Posts

jubjub13
:lol:
Wizejoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wizejoker
Member since 2003 • 17848 Posts
I expect no single for this album.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
I think for short and for white people it's also called the "N"shaza91
I'll just say that when I go cop it.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Well this is great for all of us white people :P
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I don't know about this... I don't really want a concept album, I mean sure it could work, but it has a high chance of floppage.

Just bring us another straight up hip hop album Nas.

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
I thought that was supposed to be the name of his last album...
X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

WTF :|:lol:

But besides the weird a** name the album will probally be good as Nas is a great rapper.

bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts
I don't know how he's supposed to spin that concept out for a whole album. Thiscould be very good if he keeps it relevant and somehow manages to bash Bill O'Reilly.
tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

jubjub13

I still think it will be a solid album tho

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nobility
Member since 2003 • 20734 Posts
We haven't heard the last of this, that's for sure. This has international incident written all over this.
Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#17 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

I would prefer just a standard hip hop album.

Doesn't mean I won't be buying it though.

TheMastahLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheMastahLink
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts

I think for short and for white people it's also called the "N"shaza91

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
Sounds pretty interesting.
djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 djwestwood
Member since 2005 • 1260 Posts
Well the title is strange but maybe he can make it work.
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
I thought that was supposed to be the name of his last album...Orlando_Magic
it was, but he went with the hip-hop is dead theme instead...hopefully this is good...there sure is enough history surrounding the to make it interesting
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Orlando_Magic
Maybe The N will show up on this...
MGSfan4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MGSfan4life
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts

Well, I definitely didn't see this one coming. If Nas can make it work though then it could end up being one of the best concept albums we've heard. If it's anything like Cunninlynguists' "The Gates" and expanded for an entire album with a whole story that goes on throughout, then I think it could end up being really dope.

Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
I dunno what to say... I only hope that it's good, and doesn't hurt Nas' career.
Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Orlando_Magic

Fox News discussing the album title

lol

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 djwestwood
Hahaha,I read some of this but seeing it is better, can i just say they really did find the very worst songs of Nas' catalogue. That woman reporterdon't understand ****.
X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

lol

Orlando_Magic

Lol, some people are so ignorant. (or atleast payed to be :P)

bradleybhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bradleybhoy
Member since 2005 • 6501 Posts

Funny how Fox gets all riled up about a Hip-Hop album title yet couldn't give a crap about the real issues.

:lol: What a joke.

elcamino72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elcamino72
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

lol

Orlando_Magic

Thosse newscasters are just trying to draw in ratings acting ignorent. Aperently thats what FOX does (bill o'reily).

I don't think this should be the title of nas's album though. I can understad how people can find this offensive and it seems to me nas is just trying to do what the Fox newscasters were doing. Hes acting ignorent to get more sales. I'm not tryin to say nas is ignorent i've heard illmatic and love that album. but when you go as far to name your album the N-word you sure seem ignorent.

makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

they remind me of bill o reiley..

although i disagree with the album title as well...the hosts just seem ignorant about judging Nas, and that too by hand picking out the songs that portray Nas in a negative way..

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fat_rob

lol

Orlando_Magic
OMG dude actually said people in Philly were inspired to kill because of a 10 year old Nas song :lol: God I hate fox news
Black-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Black-Demon
Member since 2003 • 28177 Posts

Dude hit the nail on the head when he brought the elected officials lmao.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts
[QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elcamino72

Thosse newscasters are just trying to draw in ratings acting ignorent. Aperently thats what FOX does (bill o'reily).

I don't think this should be the title of nas's album though. I can understad how people can find this offensive and it seems to me nas is just trying to do what the Fox newscasters were doing. Hes acting ignorent to get more sales. I'm not tryin to say nas is ignorent i've heard illmatic and love that album. but when you go as far to name your album the N-word you sure seem ignorent.

Nas is probably trying to give people that don't know the history behind the word, or how African Americans feel about it, a bit wider perspective...most likely in an attempt to get them to stop saying it. If he can make people that aren't insulted by the word (non blacks) understand how the people that are insulted by it (blacks) feel, then he can most likely get those non blacks to stop using the word...

Ifanyone is being ignorant here, its you.

And...I doubt Nas would name his albuma certain wayto sell more:|. You obviously don't know much about Esco...And if you don't, please don't post about him. So that i don't have to come regulate you, Mr. Tech Nyne.

As A would say...You've been ethered. So please do not reply. Thank you in advance.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Foolz3h

"the manw ho's brought us such hateful songs as shoot 'em up and hip hop is dead." :lol:

This has got to be one of the funniest things I've watched.

It's a work of fiction get over it.

Oh and if we make the n-word even more taboo all it does is give it more and more power. It's just a word for god's sake it's the context that it's used in that is wrong. The problem is not the word but the racism. However I'm not black and i havent' experienced racism against me so maybe if I had I'd feel different.

Demonic_Jin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 Demonic_Jin
Member since 2005 • 10650 Posts

lol

Orlando_Magic

It goes without saying that their choice of songs to show Nas' work was pretty bias. I know they would never show a clip from 'I Can', 'Heaven', 'Dance', 'Rule' or other songs like that, but I can see a lot of quoting of songs like 'Shoot Em Up' and 'Got Urself A Gun' happening with all the publicity this album will get.

elcamino72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 elcamino72
[QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elpooz

Nas is probably trying to give people that don't know the history behind the word, or how African Americans feel about it, a bit wider perspective...most likely in an attempt to get them to stop saying it. If he can make people that aren't insulted by the word (non blacks) understand how the people that are insulted by it (blacks) feel, then he can most likely get those non blacks to stop using the word...

And...I doubt Nas would name his albuma certain wayto sell more:|. You obviously don't know much about Esco...And if you don't, please don't post about him. So that i don't have to come regulate you, Mr. Tech Nyne.

As A would say...You've been ethered. So please do not reply. Thank you in advance.

That might be the reason he is naming that album that way. I'm not saying he shoulden't put out the album. Nas is a great rapper. I just don't think its right to put out his album with that name Mr. Weezy. Mabye he can name the album Still Stillmatic.

fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fat_rob
lol yall are expecting WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much of Esco :lol:
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 elpooz
[QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elcamino72

That might be the reason he is naming that album that way. I'm not saying he shoulden't put out the album. Nas is a great rapper. I just don't think its right to put out his album with that name Mr. Weezy. Mabye he can name the album Still Stillmatic.

Well I dont see why it wouldent be right to put out an album named after the N word...

elcamino72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 elcamino72
[QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elpooz

Well I dont see why it wouldent be right to put out an album named after the N word...

its really his choice. we have free speach and he can name it what he wants. I just don't nessacerily agree with it.

Colt45fool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 Colt45fool
Member since 2003 • 79297 Posts
Nas is a wild dude....lol, idk what to think. I'll wait until the album drops.
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts

It's just going to bring more awareness to the album. Compared to most other rappers I notice alot of peaople identify Nas as being one of the more "conscience" rappers (I don't like that word), so my idea is that people will identify the album with that and buy it and not be as offended as some people speculate.

Also, people need to stop hiding the word. It's already widely used and kids aren't going to stop doing it. The best thing to do is educate on it and change the meaning a bit by changing it's usage.

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shaza91
[QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elcamino72

its really his choice. we have free speach and he can name it what he wants. I just don't nessacerily agree with it.

You're acting just like the people on Fox. You are judging what the album is about before the thing even comes out and your arguing that he's acting like a bad person. Nas isn't the type to cause mass hysteria just to get record sellings up. Like he said on his last album, that **** kills hip-hop

Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
I'll call it "The N-Word" :P. But just you wait.............Al Sharpton is gonna go after this album soon...........wait for the white wannabe gangster to say that :lol:
elcamino72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 elcamino72
[QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

shaza91

You're acting just like the people on Fox. You are judging what the album is about before the thing even comes out and your arguing that he's acting like a bad person. Nas isn't the type to cause mass hysteria just to get record sellings up. Like he said on his last album, that **** kills hip-hop

Don't compare me to them when you don't understand what im saying. I'm not saying he is a bad person. I dug songs on illmatic like Lifes a **** and The World Is Yours. I know he is not calling it that for no reason. I just don't agree with the name. can i have that opinion.

elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 elpooz
[QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

shaza91

Dude...can you not read? I said pretty much the exact opposite of what the people on fox said :|. Am i judging the album? yes, but im doing sowith more depth than them. And did you not see the..."I doubt Nas would name his album a certain way to sell more:|. " In my previous post? Dont place me with those foolish reporters...

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shaza91
[QUOTE="shaza91"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="elpooz"][QUOTE="elcamino72"][QUOTE="Orlando_Magic"]

lol

elcamino72

Don't compare me to them when you don't understand what im saying. I'm not saying he is a bad person. I dug songs on illmatic like Lifes a **** and The World Is Yours. I know he is not calling it that for no reason. I just don't agree with the name. can i have that opinion.

Okay, maybe comparing you to Fox was going a little too far, but all I'm saying is that you shouldn't try to see this in such a negative way whd en you've witnesseNas put some dope stuff out with meaning. But I do understand what you are saying and I respect your opinion.

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 djwestwood

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5852/title.update-nas-adds-to-controvesial-lp-title UPDATE - Nas adds to controversial LP title.

Nas speaks on album title.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Foolz3h

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5852/title.update-nas-adds-to-controvesial-lp-title UPDATE - Nas adds to controversial LP title.

Nas speaks on album title.

djwestwood

"I wanna make the word easy on snip ears. You see how white boys ain't mad at 'cracker' 'cause it don't have the same [sting] assnip I wantsnip to have less meaning than 'cracker.' With all thesnip that's going on in the world, racism is at its peak. I wanna do the snip that's not being done. I wanna be the artist who ain't out. I wanna make the music I wanna hear ... We're taking power from the word"

Gotta agree with that.

I'll be getting it whether it sukcs or not, actually I'll probably jsut end up downloading but whatever. :P