thahomiene5tle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thahomiene5tle
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts

Well it's come to my surprise (or attention) that some artists aren't really talked about or known on here and I'm just wondering if that's true.

1. Sandpeople - Underground hip-hop group out of Oregon that IMO, is probably the best out of the north-west. Their song Roll Call displays every artist in their group which is pretty big, and it's pretty dope. And these guys have been out for a minute and I'm surprised talk about them is limited. I think it's probably due to the fact that the group itself is overlooked based off of the fact that one of them is a battle rapper, but who knows, nobody here talks about them.

2. Snowgoons -A producer team from Germany, and even though they aren't rapping, you can always bet whoever is using their beats are dope. Lord Lhus, Savage Brothers, Outerspace, and many others from the underground use their beats. 

3. Redrama -  Even though he is from Helsinki, Finland, this guy speaks perfect english. And he is dope. He won the Finnish rapping championship for people who spit in English and one of his songs, I Don't Know What To Tell You, was featured in an NBA game. He has three albums, his second one, "Street Music" is IMO the dopest.

4. GDP - Coming from northern NJ, GDP is a rapper who is very hip-hop concious and an intellectual to some extent, but his stuff is dope. Orange Water and ReEvaluate are some good examples. Dude has two albums out and his stuff is on iTunes so I'm kinda surprised as little people have heard about him as they have, because he isn't a complete no-name artists.

5. Tech N9ne - Now I know this looks silly being on here, but I noticed nobody on here ever talks about him. And after researching, I think I've found that you guys dislike him quite a bit. Now I don't know what the hate is about, I mean his flow is god-like and his lyrics are rarely weak. I mean I'm not calling him the best ever but the dude is a lot better than most of you see him for. Some of his bests IMO are Questions,Hope for a Higher Power,Worst Enemy, and This Ring to name a few, since there are many more.

And well, that'll be all :P

KamMoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KamMoye
Member since 2009 • 375 Posts

great thread. glad you posted links (you should probably add some to tec nine!)

i'll post later w/ more feedback

Avatar image for 189245455704665724390135605497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 189245455704665724390135605497
Member since 2002 • 7742 Posts
D-sisive

Nobody With A Notepad
West Coast
Click Click Bang Bang ft. Sha Prince (..my remix)..also a facebook link
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Theophilus London, I think he's a non crappy version of Kid CuDi.

Humdrum Town

Other than that I can't think of anyone else...Maybe some southern rappers like Fiend, Turk or C-Murder but really, they cover the grounds here with people I want to talk about.

djwestwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 djwestwood
Member since 2005 • 1260 Posts

Roots Manuva - 1 Witness [song]

So Solid Crew - 21 Seconds [song]

Dizzee Rascal - The Boy In Da Corner; Maths and English and Tongue n Cheek [all albums].

They're all dope, though Dizzee's my personal favourite.

TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
also you guys should rep your local rappers here so we can hear some new stuff. I think we had a thread for local artists at one point but that was a long time ago. I'll post some later.
rubbersouI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rubbersouI
Member since 2003 • 10008 Posts
the only person i know of from modesto, besides george lucas, is jon jon and he's a producer. his best beats are hit the road jack on livewire radio 3 and smokin treez, off yukmouth's album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fayLare-rM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxDMieWTUY
elpooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 elpooz
Member since 2005 • 5883 Posts
Che Grand is pretty good, and I don't see him being mentioned much. I don't really have time to go find stuff to link up right now, but his mixtape "Breakfast @ Wimbledon" can be legally downloaded on 2dopeboyz for free.
thahomiene5tle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thahomiene5tle
Well for TheHimura since he mentioned it, here is actually a rap battle between two rappers local to me. It isn't a traditional battle, just back to back dis freestyles I think. Tray Pound (the first guy) is actually pretty popular from what I've seen. Whatever the case, here it is. Also Mu Dills, dope dope dope artist only a few cities away from me (Newark).
KamMoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KamMoye
damn u live in modesto? that sucks
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts

Ive always been a huge tech fan, I bring him up here and there in OTB.

Bonesdb69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bonesdb69
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts

And after researching, I think I've found that you guys dislike him quite a bit. Now I don't know what the hate is about, I mean his flow is god-like and his lyrics are rarely weak.thahomiene5tle

Seems like most of the hate is from the majority of his fans being juggalos

thahomiene5tle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thahomiene5tle
[QUOTE="thahomiene5tle"]

And after researching, I think I've found that you guys dislike him quite a bit. Now I don't know what the hate is about, I mean his flow is god-like and his lyrics are rarely weak.Bonesdb69

Seems like most of the hate is from the majority of his fans being juggalos

Most likely, which is sad, because Tech is far from a Juggalo.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Anti-Venom
Oh we talk about Tech here but it's usually just talkin' trash about him lol
Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
[QUOTE="Anti-Venom"]

Toriko42

Oh we talk about Tech here but it's usually just talkin' trash about him lol

yea I noticed that...thanks for pointing out the obvious

SmittyPeppers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SmittyPeppers
Member since 2010 • 1569 Posts
I think Tech's dope.
Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts

S.L. Jones

Killa Kyleon

cARTer

The NiceGuys

a_ratchet_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 a_ratchet_fan
Member since 2006 • 2207 Posts

That'd be a long list...

J. Da Vinci

Pusha T (about to drop his 1st solo)

Mistah  F.A.B.

Husalah (just dropped an album today)

J Stalin

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

G-Side

I know we've talked about them before and I thank ITI for introducing to me these guys but we don't talk about them enough here so this is for the people who haven't jumped on the ship yet

The Southern Rap duo ST 2 Lettaz and Yung Clova hailing from Alabama.  They've already released one album "Starshipz & Rocketz" which was widely acclaimed and recieved very positive reviews.  They've also released a mixtape earlier this year "Huntsville International" and although not on the level of their first album, it's still solid.  What I really love is the production which is done almost entirely by Block Beattaz. They might not have the big name producers Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane,T.I.  have but they do well without them

"Feel The"

"Who's Hood"

"We Own Da Building" 

"Rising Sun"

Pitchfork Review for Huntsville International

X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

G-Side

I know we've talked about them before and I thank ITI for introducing to me these guys but we don't talk about them enough here so this is for the people who haven't jumped on the ship yet

The Southern Rap duo ST 2 Lettaz and Yung Clova hailing from Alabama.  They've already released one album "Starshipz & Rocketz" which was widely acclaimed and recieved very positive reviews.  They've also released a mixtape earlier this year "Huntsville International" and although not on the level of their first album, it's still solid.  What I really love is the production which is done almost entirely by Block Beattaz. They might not have the big name producers Young Jeezy, Gucci Mane,T.I.  have but they do well without them

"Feel The"

"Who's Hood"

"We Own Da Building" 

"Rising Sun"

andyboiii

G-Side is dope, I still bump Starshipz & Rocketz 8) 

Anyhow I wanted to bring up Big K.R.I.T in this thread I've seen him mentioned a couple of times but damn imo he put out one of the best albums this year in K.R.I.T Wuz Here, Album just goes hard. Its the kind of album I can just put on repeat which is rare for me these days. One of my  favorite new artist next to J. Cole,the album was also released for free by K.R.I.T so anybody who wanna check it out can.

Some songs off the K.R.I.T Wuz Here

Big K.R.I.T - Children of The World

Big K.R.I.T - Hometown Hero

Big K.R.I.T - Just Touched Down

Big K.R.I.T - Viktorious

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

you know it's funny because Pac Div has a song with a bunch of the freshman rappers and the only verse that stood out to me was Big K.R.I.T's verse.  He's someone that should be talked alot more about too. I know Orlando and someone else bump his stuff

KamMoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KamMoye

we need more co-signs imo. a bunch of new music in one thread is a bit overwhelming, it makes me just not wanna check out any of it!

i hope y'all are putting down artists' best songs =P

The-Sultan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The-Sultan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

G-Side

"Feel The"

"Who's Hood"

"We Own Da Building" 

"Rising Sun"

X-Fade

Anyhow I wanted to bring up Big K.R.I.T in this thread I've seen him mentioned a couple of times but damn imo he put out one of the best albums this year in K.R.I.T Wuz Here, Album just goes hard. Its the kind of album I can just put on repeat which is rare for me these days. One of my  favorite new artist next to J. Cole,the album was also released for free by K.R.I.T so anybody who wanna check it out can.

Big K.R.I.T - Viktorious

Big K.R.I.T. is a boss, that mixtape/album is in my top 5 this year. He gets lumped in to this new group of stoner rappers that work with Ski Beatz like Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa but he's better than both, by far. It's sort of unfair to put him in there because he's 100x more diverse than anyone else doing that type of thing. He's more comparable to UGK in my opinion. Plus he makes his own beats (which are mostly dope).

Another great song is Country ****: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuYQDyw14j8
It even gets love from the Pitchfork crowd.

DaDukies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaDukies
Member since 2003 • 5668 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

G-Side

"Feel The"

"Who's Hood"

"We Own Da Building" 

"Rising Sun"

X-Fade

Big K.R.I.T - Viktorious

i LOVE bit krit, and think he's gonna hit it big here in the next few years. he has that amazingly smooth southern flow, and is a damn good producer as well (pimp c reincarnated?) the beat on 'hometown hero' is one of my favs ever
gohantech00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 gohantech00
Member since 2005 • 9216 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about Danny Brown before. One of the freshest coming out of Detroit at the moment. Dude's delivery and style is unique, and he comes off with some funny lines a lot. His free album released this year, "The Hybrid" is easily my favorite album of the year. Definitely underrated IMO. Here's some of my favorite songs by him:

Re-Up (lol at how low budget the video is) 

Greatest Rapper Ever 

Guitar Solo

New Era

Exotic 

KamMoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 KamMoye
really digging the big krit links
fat_rob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fat_rob
Member since 2003 • 22624 Posts
I don't understand how peeps still ain't check out KIRT yet, dude is beyond dope. Him and Gibbs got next imo.
Balimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Balimi
Member since 2007 • 1599 Posts
Young L, makes beats for the pack but isn't viral so he isn't talked about.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IsThisIt_basic
Member since 2002 • 27130 Posts

[QUOTE="rubbersouI"]the only person i know of from modesto, besides george lucas, is jon jon and he's a producer. his best beats are hit the road jack on livewire radio 3 and smokin treez, off yukmouth's album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fayLare-rM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouxDMieWTUY[/QUOTE]

He's also got "U Aint a Friend of Mine" of Livewire Radio Vol 2 and "I Need You to Hate" off Livewire Radio Vol 1. "Hit the Road Jack" is definetely my favorite, though ... **** slaps.

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IsThisIt_basic
Young L, makes beats for the pack but isn't viral so he isn't talked about.

Balimi

***** I got blap!

IsThisIt_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IsThisIt_basic

S.L. Jones

Killa Kyleon

cARTer

The NiceGuys

Ace_WondersX

Such a shame Killa will probably never get to drop a proper solo record ...

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts

Big K.R.I.T.'s mixtape is great but I dunno if I'd really consider him underrated or not talked about. He's pretty well known (on the net) and he's all over sites like hiphopdx, nahright and thesmokingsection. And most people seem to have really positive feedback about him on all of these sites.

Â