This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cryfreedom66 (654 posts) -
What a disappointment these reviews have been. Now I don't know whether to open it or return and rent. What do you guys think?
#2 Posted by euro96 (499 posts) -

From what I can see the reviews have been very mixed, seems like a lot of people are turned off by the fact the combat system is mostly mele with a cricket bat.

Here are some positive reviews to balance things out.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/379071/reviews/zombiu-review-survival-horror-makes-a-bloody-comeback-review/?page=3#top_banner

http://www.polygon.com/game/zombiu/2678

http://www.edge-online.com/review/zombiu-review/

From what I can tell, it seems a lot of the American sites have disliked it, but a lot of European orientated sites have enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to playing it when we get it over here in 12 days time.

#3 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -
What a disappointment these reviews have been. Now I don't know whether to open it or return and rent. What do you guys think?cryfreedom66
Is there anyway you.could play a friends copy or something? I'm most probably getting it as, even if it turns out its not amazing... I know I'll enjoy it anyway. Its a zombie game. It's impossible NOT to have fun. :P
#4 Posted by Treal_basic (561 posts) -

so far nothing but positive comments about the game in the miiverse community..

#5 Posted by spike6958 (6599 posts) -

so far nothing but positive comments about the game in the miiverse community..

Treal_basic
Are they all from people you know, or have added though? Because if not it's hard to know if the positive comments are posted by Ubisoft or Nintendo to try and boost interest in the game.
#6 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1631 posts) -

I'd have open it!

#7 Posted by Gesyma (1081 posts) -

I just played it for about two hours straight and i think its pretty sweet.

A couple things i did to make it feel better was up the sensitivity to about 85%, also keep in mind you dont have to tap the screen to close the backpack... you can just move away with the analog stick (sounds dumb but it does make for a smoother experience)

#8 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

Crap game made for people who don't know much about games in general

#9 Posted by FPS1337 (2519 posts) -
I love the game so far, its the first true survival horror we have had in a long long time. The use of the gamepad is fantastic, the game has an amazing atmosphere. I don't feel that the combat is a problem at all. Its a survival horror, use too many bullets and your gonna have to use the cricket stick. You shouldn't be just blasting away, its about managing your ammo. I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible. The cricket stick isn't very strong, and it is very risky as zombies often are able to hit you when you try to melee them. Also the graphics are underrated, the game runs smoothly at native 1080p, and there are some real great lighting effects.
#10 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

Really enjoying the game so far, though I understand why the reviews are so mixed.

I have a feeling general opinion will be just as mixed. I followed the game pretty closely and so far nothing has surprised me, it's pretty much the exact game I thought it would be in terms of content and quality.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun, just make sure you have a pro controller for the survivor.

#11 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

Really enjoying the game so far, though I understand why the reviews are so mixed.

I have a feeling general opinion will be just as mixed. I followed the game pretty closely and so far nothing has surprised me, it's pretty much the exact game I thought it would be in terms of content and quality.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun, just make sure you have a pro controller for the survivor.

TreyoftheDead

Hows the combat? I heard the cricketbat makes the game a total bore.

#12 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

VendettaRed07

Hows the combat? I heard the cricketbat makes the game a total bore.

Haven't played the game long enough to really get bored of it.

I admit, I was disappointed when I learned there aren't any other melee weapons, but now that I'm playing the game it isn't too bad yet. Could change the longer I play.

Got a feeling I'll be itching for an ax sooner or later.

As for the combat itself, it's very deliberate. You really gotta get the timing right or you'll find yourself dying a lot.