Zombie U; Best survival horror ever? Dare I say?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madetobegray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 madetobegray90
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I usually try to have my own opinion when it comes to games like this but so many people have reviewed it already and expressed how I and so many others feel about this game. It is truly survival horror. Not an action shooter or some kind of cinematic experience like Resident Evil. I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about it. I mean, it's not without flaws but it truly is strictly survival game. There's no messing around. What does everyone else think about the game and other survival type games? Honestly, I think I've found my favorite review for it. Link below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_K3xlNnGp4
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I think it's great, a very tense experience. It has been a long time since I've played a game where I've feared death quite so much. It's a proper Survival Horror game rather than just a 3rd or 1st person shooter with zombies.

Resident Evil remake on the Game Cube is still my number one though.

Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
This is probably a love it or hate it game.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I love it. Its exactly what Survival Horror should be IMO. I'd like to point out to people that the fact that it can get some 4/5s in reviews and still have a MC average of 75 says something. That means it is far more top heavy in terms of having more good reviews than bad ones.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Possibly best Zombie Survival Horror yes.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Honestly this is the one game on the Wii U that intrigues me. I think some of the reviews have been pretty harsh on it, especially GS's own review here. It almost seems as if the editor was reviewing it on what he thought the game should be instead of what the game actually delivers which appears to be a true survival-horror experience. I also watched GiantBomb's quick look and it got me even more interested in this game. Unfortunately I am not going to buy a Wii U just for one game, but dammit if this doesn't give me an excuse to keep my eyes open for a deal in the near future.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I just love it. I was tempted not to buy it for the bad review here but then I remembered I was already convinced from the previews and trailers and I'm not sorry at all! This is EXACTLY how I remember the horror survival must be and hadn't feel like this since the original RE :D
browndogss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 browndogss
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
good info to me, thanks for your sharing, Possibly best Zombie Survival Horror yes.
Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

Agree with you guys... I personally think it's one of the best survival horror games of all time. It could be more polished in places but the overall experience is incredibly tense, scary and atmospheric. The controller does a great job of immersing you in the game in ways that I've never experienced before. Good on you Ubi and Ninty!

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
ZombiU could be the best survival horror game ever... Mostly yes it is. It could be if some of the issues although minor are fixed, and then yes it would be the best. Now it may not be the best zombie game ever made, but it is close. I am hoping that there are more ZombiU games, because of course this game is alot of fun and just soo awesome. The sequel could take place in New York City or Las Vegas or Hong Kong or Moscow, as I think that any of those would be cool locations.
EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts
[QUOTE="madetobegray90"]I usually try to have my own opinion when it comes to games like this but so many people have reviewed it already and expressed how I and so many others feel about this game. It is truly survival horror. Not an action shooter or some kind of cinematic experience like Resident Evil. I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about it. I mean, it's not without flaws but it truly is strictly survival game. There's no messing around. What does everyone else think about the game and other survival type games? Honestly, I think I've found my favorite review for it. Link below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_K3xlNnGp4

I ranted about this game on my blog LOL http://filmgamesetc.com/zombiu-wii-u-a-review/#more-311
Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts
I'm pretty surprised to see so many people enjoying this game considering it suffers from a lot of pretty clunky issues. I found the touchscreen incredibly frustrating and overused. The constant use of the cricket bat also really bored me as from what I played its really the only melee weapon. There really aren't that many great puzzles and the enemies are pretty generic. This all is only based on about 4 hours of play however. It's great seeing people enjoy it, but I think calling it the "greatest survival horror game of all time" is pretty overly generous. It's a "neat" game IMO, but that's about it.