Zelda Games.. Stand Alone?..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 myblameless
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts

is Zelda Games are Stand Alone in-terms of story or should i play on GBA or N64 first then GC then Wii to understand the story?..

coz im interested on GC's Wind Walker and Wii's Twilight Princess..

which game should i go first to boost my Zelda cravings? ^^, (aiming for the story too ^^)

or is it like Final Fantasy? like some same characters but no connections at all (eg Cid Chocobos)

coz the last Zelda game i played was on a GAME and WATCH ^_^ very old handheld eh? ^^

didnt had a chance to play it on SNES coz of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasies ^^,

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well I would recommend playing them just because they are great games, but no there is not one coherent story to follow. I think the games are suppose to be a legend being told to you, and like all legends no one knows exactly what happened, so its all over the place.
dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

is Zelda Games are Stand Alone in-terms of story or should i play on GBA or N64 first then GC then Wii to understand the story?..

coz im interested on GC's Wind Walker and Wii's Twilight Princess..

which game should i go first to boost my Zelda cravings? ^^, (aiming for the story too ^^)

or is it like Final Fantasy? like some same characters but no connections at all (eg Cid Chocobos)

coz the last Zelda game i played was on a GAME and WATCH ^_^ very old handheld eh? ^^

didnt had a chance to play it on SNES coz of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasies ^^,

myblameless

stand alone. no timeline

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 myblameless

WOW YEY ! so i can still catch up even i'll start on Wind Waker now?! and then Twilight ?! YEY !

coz when i was browsing some posts here a while ago.. i saw some "Zelda Timeline" posts O.o

that's why i got confused O.o

THANKS for the reply guys ^^

darkface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkface
Member since 2004 • 5966 Posts
They do tie together in some ways. For example, Wind Waker takes place about 100 years after Ocarina of Time. Minish Cap occurs before Ocarina of Time, etc. There are ties between the games, though, most people overlook them.
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts

If you don't have the money to buy all 3 games then no you don't need to but Occarina of Time is one of the best games ever, and TP ain't bad either. :)

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 myblameless

If you don't have the money to buy all 3 games then no you don't need to but Occarina of Time is one of the best games ever, and TP ain't bad either. :)

FlaminDeath

umm what do you mean on all 3 games?

what are those 3? ^_^

Occarina of time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?

skitzless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 skitzless
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

ocarina of time, wind waker and twilight princess all do not have connected stories in fact ocarina of time and twilight princess story line is slitly simular.

but i suggest u play all of them they are all great games and ocarina of time is harder than twilight princess, not the puzzles but the bosses are hard and fight enemies one on one

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29488.html

this should help you out lol. but personally, you should play Ocarina of time first (or majora's mask if you can find it). both are my favorite zelda's and its very tough for me to tell which is better (mostly because majora is what got me into zelda in the first place. Ocarina kept me in)

Vasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vasc
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

They are not strictly related, except for Wind waker and Phantom Hurglass.

The rest have chronological relations, but playimg them in order is not necesary, cos the story dont affect. Like they say before, you only percieve a legen on the air... but thats just that...)

Wind waker and twiligth are excelent games thought. But if you`ve never played any zelda games i recommend playing twilight pricess first, to get a hold of the pcarina of time gamestyle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
There are a handful of direct sequels in the Zelda timeline,however,most Zelda games are individual adventures,with a new hero,and you don't really need to play all of them to understand the next,since they aren't directly linked together.You should,however,play them all simply because they are all superb games.
PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

there is a timeline... it just splits into two alternate universes after ocarina and gets suuuper confusing.

:P

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 myblameless

WOAH ! O.O i see O.O

well i might try Ocarina of Time first and Majora's Mask then Wind Waker then Twilight Princess on Wii .. is it good order? =p hehe

again thanks for the opinions and replies ^^

Vasc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vasc
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Play majoras mask only if you really are going to spend a lot of time on it the big fun is aquiring (how do you spell it?)all the masks, its kind of tedious.

I would reccomend playing it like after youve played ocarina, wind waker AND twilight princess, like playing it for completion...

and one important thing... dont just beat them!!! Try to obtain a lot of stuff!!! (in ocarina the bottles good challenges!!!)

play_hardstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 play_hardstyle
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
play the OoT first cus its the original then play maj mask. wind waker next for something different then Twilight princess just because its on the wii
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

You should also play on A Link to the Past. Ok, it's in 2D but I think it's one of the best Zelda ever made. There's nothing connected on each games. However in Wind Waker, the intro gave the mention of the hero of time which it's Link on the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask line.

OOT and MM are connected since it's on the same universe. Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass are also connected. There's a theory that A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening (GameBoy game) are connected but I never foundhow theyare connected.

Minish Cap is supposed to be the prequel to all Zelda games followed by Ocarina of Time.

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 myblameless

Play majoras mask only if you really are going to spend a lot of time on it the big fun is aquiring (how do you spell it?)all the masks, its kind of tedious.

I would reccomend playing it like after youve played ocarina, wind waker AND twilight princess, like playing it for completion...

and one important thing... dont just beat them!!! Try to obtain a lot of stuff!!! (in ocarina the bottles good challenges!!!)

Vasc

yes most of the games i play, most of the time, im completing it 100% as much as i can.. (Collecting Every item, Lvl99 char, killing optional Bosses)

THANKS very much about all this suggestions and replies ^^

and im really MORE excited to go in Zelda World now (coz most of my world are FFs and KHs ^^ or Squaresoft/Enix games ^^)

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29488.html

this should help you out lol. but personally, you should play Ocarina of time first (or majora's mask if you can find it). both are my favorite zelda's and its very tough for me to tell which is better (mostly because majora is what got me into zelda in the first place. Ocarina kept me in)

icarus212001

This one is a little bit more professional. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15194.html

myblameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 myblameless

This one is a little bit more professional. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/15194.html

darkmark91

thanks ! im checkin it now too ^^,

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
Link to the Past and Minish Cap are my favorties. Oot is great too, though.