Zelda: A link to the past, Super mario bros, and Final Fantasy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
I got Zelda; A link to the past, Super mario Bros and Final Fantasy and i need help. (These are off the virtual console btw.) Zelda- Im stuck after i rescue the princess and she tells me to find an old guy. i get stuck in this lit up and empty room, what do i do now? there are some sort of cracks in the wall if that helps? Mario- I keep dying, any tips? Final Fantasy 1- I keep getting beat, i havent won a battle yet, any tips on that? places to train? A good team build? Thanks everybody
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
zelda: cracks in walls = bomb. but that's not what you have to do. if you're where i think you are, go to the throne room and push the throne to the side. mario: depends on how you're dying. take your time through the levels, no need to rush.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Zelda- Im stuck after i rescue the princess and she tells me to find an old guy. i get stuck in this lit up and empty room, what do i do now? there are some sort of cracks in the wall if that helps? kipohippo021

Do you have bombs? Use them. Cracks are Zelda talk for "bomb this wall".

Mario- I keep dying, any tips?kipohippo021

Practice.

Final Fantasy 1- I keep getting beat, i havent won a battle yet, any tips on that? places to train? A good team build? Thanks everybodykipohippo021

What kind of party did you make?

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kipohippo021
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]zelda: cracks in walls = bomb. but that's not what you have to do. if you're where i think you are, go to the throne room and push the throne to the side. mario: depends on how you're dying. take your time through the levels, no need to rush.

i did that then went through the sewers. and i cant find any bombs. where would i find one?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="kipohippo021"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]zelda: cracks in walls = bomb. but that's not what you have to do. if you're where i think you are, go to the throne room and push the throne to the side. mario: depends on how you're dying. take your time through the levels, no need to rush.

i did that then went through the sewers. and i cant find any bombs. where would i find one?

i'm not sure if you're supposed to have them yet, try to look for regular passageways... god my memory for this game is bad :P but yeah, you're in the right path.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kipohippo021
oh, and in ff i keep making new ones because i cant keep them alive long enough to save. in mario i cant get past 1-3, always die by falling.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kipohippo021
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="kipohippo021"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]zelda: cracks in walls = bomb. but that's not what you have to do. if you're where i think you are, go to the throne room and push the throne to the side. mario: depends on how you're dying. take your time through the levels, no need to rush.

i'm not sure if you're supposed to have them yet, try to look for regular passageways... god my memory for this game is bad :P but yeah, you're in the right path.

ah man, thanks though. The game is absolutley amazing although i keep dying. Do you eventually get more health? And... Link is the princess? I thought it was your main character. Ill youtube a guide though, thanks for the help guys.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS
link is the guy, zelda is the girl. you get more health by either a) defeating a boss and thus earning a heart container or b) collecting 4 pieces of heart, which are scattered throughout the world. for final fantasy, have 1 white mage with you, then grind around the city (my guess, i didn't play much of the first one either) as for mario, if you're falling because you can't reach the other side, try holding the button you don't use to jump (the one that throws fireballs when you have the fire flower). it'll allow mario to run and, as a consequence, jump farther.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kipohippo021
Thanks, im gonna go play now, i learned i have to push the blocks, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m5hWMtVh0 look at 7:45. i cant belive i was so stupid. lol. thanks for the help guys, i can almost garauntee i will be back with questions though. lol.
username23bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 username23bob
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks, im gonna go play now, i learned i have to push the blocks, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m5hWMtVh0 look at 7:45. i cant belive i was so stupid. lol. thanks for the help guys, i can almost garauntee i will be back with questions though. lol.kipohippo021
lol dont you just love youtube
muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 muscle_shark
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

For FF1, I think the best party has a fighter, black belt (or monk, I cant remember the class titles exactly), white mage and black mage. Buy them weapons and armor at Coneria (the starting city) and fight monsters around the area to level up. Buy potions to heal with, etc.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

For FF1, I think the best party has a fighter, black belt (or monk, I cant remember the class titles exactly), white mage and black mage. Buy them weapons and armor at Coneria (the starting city) and fight monsters around the area to level up. Buy potions to heal with, etc.

muscle_shark

The first time I played Final Fantasy was the original release on the NES as a kid. I had the same problem. I kept getting smoked. Every battle. It took me a while to figure out that you need to visit the town (the little house looking buildings next to the giant castle) to purchase weapons and equip them. If you have done that you should be winning battles, not losing them.

A tip for the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - It has been a long time since I have played the game but I believe you can charge an attack if you hold down the attack button. Letting go of the attack button once you have charged up will let Link perform a spinning attack. However, if you continue to hold down the attack button while you are fully charged Link will continue holding his sword out in front of him. Anytime you see a crack in the wall and are wondering if you can bomb there, walk into the section of the wall at full charge. Link will poke the crack and it wilol make an odd sound if it is bombable. That should help conserve bombs down the road.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

muscle_shark
no way. 2 fighters, 1 white mage, 1 black mage. 3 fighters is pretty good too.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kipohippo021
To everyone, i got the hang of all three games. Zelda is pure awesomness. Mario is harder than i rememer. And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
To everyone, i got the hang of all three games. Zelda is pure awesomness. Mario is harder than i rememer. And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.kipohippo021
glad to know zelda got yet another fan :P
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.kipohippo021

Theifs are useless dude. Just gonna throw that out there. They start out ok but they're basically a weak fighter and the gap between the 2 classes gets increasingly evident as the game goes on. Seriously, start over and replace your theif with preferably a fighter as your new to the game (and already having troubles) or a black belt. black belts start out weak but later on are insane and end up eventually doing alot more dmg then even the fighters. It is hard though starting out as a black belt since they can never really equip any good armor like the fighters can, and dont have as much health either. You'll only run into more and more trouble regreting the whole game that you chose a theif though.

PS. If you do end up using a black belt remember ONLY at the VERY START to equip them with a weapon. Pretty shortly after the very beggining and then for the rest of the game they deal more hits and damage empty-handed (which saves ALOT of cash too ;) )

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
Thanks, im gonna go play now, i learned i have to push the blocks, see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m5hWMtVh0 look at 7:45. i cant belive i was so stupid. lol. thanks for the help guys, i can almost garauntee i will be back with questions though. lol.kipohippo021
Zelda has a habit of making you feel that way. Easy puzzels and then something skips your mind or eye... and leaves you floundering for ages hahaha
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
there is no real right team in ff1 is you keep dieing then go to a eailer back and keep grinding and use gold to get better equipment i always enjoyed the team black belt, red mage, thief, white mage
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kipohippo021

[QUOTE="kipohippo021"]And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.knuckl3head

Theifs are useless dude. Just gonna throw that out there. They start out ok but they're basically a weak fighter and the gap between the 2 classes gets increasingly evident as the game goes on. Seriously, start over and replace your theif with preferably a fighter as your new to the game (and already having troubles) or a black belt. black belts start out weak but later on are insane and end up eventually doing alot more dmg then even the fighters. It is hard though starting out as a black belt since they can never really equip any good armor like the fighters can, and dont have as much health either. You'll only run into more and more trouble regreting the whole game that you chose a theif though.

PS. If you do end up using a black belt remember ONLY at the VERY START to equip them with a weapon. Pretty shortly after the very beggining and then for the rest of the game they deal more hits and damage empty-handed (which saves ALOT of cash too ;) )

No way, the thief has saved my team on many occasions. Plus hes really fast and always gets me out of a fight when i need to. If anybody on that team is bringing me down its the white mage. Hes only good for small healing right now.

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 muscle_shark

[QUOTE="muscle_shark"]

GunSmith1_basic

no way. 2 fighters, 1 white mage, 1 black mage. 3 fighters is pretty good too.

black belts do like 3x as much damage as fighters at high levels

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muscle_shark

also for ff1, make sure that your fighter is at the top of the list and black mage at the bottom. characters at the top of the battle screen get hit more often than those at the bottom.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

[QUOTE="kipohippo021"]And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.kipohippo021

No way, the thief has saved my team on many occasions. Plus hes really fast and always gets me out of a fight when i need to. If anybody on that team is bringing me down its the white mage. Hes only good for small healing right now.

wait for curaga and life, you'll love having a white mage around :P
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="knuckl3head"]

[QUOTE="kipohippo021"]And Final Fantasy, Fighter, white mage, thief and black mage. Great team. And yeah, i also completley missed the town. But, thanks for the help everyone. That is all.kipohippo021

So your saying a theif is good to have in your party, so you can flee from battle easier? Thats a silly reason to have a theif with you especially since the only reason you have to flee is because the theif is there! :P

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Playing the NES version of Final Fantasy I is not an easy task. To be honest, if you have a PS1/PS2/PS3 or Gameboy Advance/Backwards Compatible DS, I'd recommend you try the "remastered" version for the GBA/PS1 first. Not because it's easier on the eye, which it is, but because they made it a tad friendlier.

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 muscle_shark

Wait until you get to Matoya's cave - coolest video game music of all time.

You are also going to need to grind out a bunch of levels before going into the Marsh Cave. That is really the only time other than the beginning that you need to sit and grind, the rest of the time you can just level up as you go and you should be fine.