unityalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 unityalex
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

Any good games that are like Zelda 1 and to a lesser extent Zelda 2? I played Ocarina and Majora's Mask but exploration was boring in those games. Went to link to the past, too directed and bored me to death. I've never had the experience of kids growing up without strategy guides where they can find something and say they found it with any game except Zelda. If it's any help I also really enjoyed windwaker, triforce heros, and link between worlds. Looking for something like xenoblade without all the plot and rpg BS. Also I have final fantasy explorers but never ended up playing it, is that like what Im looking for? Thanks

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

try the handheld zeldas...

links awakening and minish cap. they are like link to the past but less directed.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

Ittle Dew is a good option

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@bdmckinley said:

Ittle Dew is a good option

yea ittle dew 1 is more focused on puzzle solving.

ittle dew 2 has a bit more combat.

Rovelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Rovelius
Member since 2006 • 3252 Posts

just play Dark Souls, man

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

If you're looking for something similar to the first Zelda specifically my best recommendation would have to be 3D Dot Game Heroes on the PS3. Beyond that I can't think of very many games that follow its exact structure in this day and age.

If you're looking for a game on a Nintendo platform you might be interested in Oceanhorn, although I personally wasn't too crazy about it myself.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@unityalex said:

Any good games that are like Zelda 1 and to a lesser extent Zelda 2? I played Ocarina and Majora's Mask but exploration was boring in those games. Went to link to the past, too directed and bored me to death. I've never had the experience of kids growing up without strategy guides where they can find something and say they found it with any game except Zelda. If it's any help I also really enjoyed windwaker, triforce heros, and link between worlds. Looking for something like xenoblade without all the plot and rpg BS. Also I have final fantasy explorers but never ended up playing it, is that like what Im looking for? Thanks

Honestly, I'd say Breath of the Wild. It's the closest 3D Zelda to the original game, so if you have, or can grab yourself a Switch, give it a go.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

The Strangers Thing game in App and Play Store. Didn't even know what I was getting my self into when I downloaded that game but it had a totally 2D Zelda vibe, and a hella lot of fun! Seriously download it, it's free and ad free!

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Neutopia II on TG16 is a pretty good clone.