Youtube Web Browser Fix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#1 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

To get Youtube to work with the Wii U's web browser you have to put _popup between "watch" and the ? in the videos url.

The embed/ trick doesn't always work.

Edit* thanks to Gamingeek on theVGPress.com for the solution.

#2 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

Has anyone seen how sh1tty Facebook looks on the Wii U? Why are mobile sites loading, this isnt a cellphone?

#3 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The embeded thing has always worked for me. It also works with youtube live streams.

#4 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -

Has anyone seen how sh1tty Facebook looks on the Wii U? Why are mobile sites loading, this isnt a cellphone?

JuanGrande386
Because it's Netfront Browser, which is a mobile browser.
#5 Posted by JuanGrande386 (1115 posts) -

[QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

katana_duo

I see....well my laptop is in the same room so the Wii U browser is only a novelty to me. But I could see how other Wii U users would want full sites on theyre big HDTVs.

#6 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -

[QUOTE="katana_duo"][QUOTE="JuanGrande386"]

JuanGrande386

I see....well my laptop is in the same room so the Wii U browser is only a novelty to me. But I could see how other Wii U users would want full sites on theyre big HDTVs.

Yeah, I, myself won't see much use for it since it'll be right next to my PC. But at least the option is there.