Youtube No Longer Working on WiiU's browser. (method to get it to work inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I first heard it on mynintendonews.com so I went and checked to see if it still worked on my WiiU...and it didn't. Least, not right away.

What you need to do, for any youtube video you want watch on Youtube, is use that video's embed link (exp:youtube.com/embed/__________(<----videocode)). To copy the embed link (it should already be hilighted) simply use your stylus/ finger and touch and hold on the hilighted text. I've tested this and it works. With anyluck maybe Google/ Youtube will fix their website so that it works.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#2 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
That sucks as the Youtube application is still pretty bad and the browser was the best option to use it :(
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

The youtube app is an abomination that makes it harder to use youtube not easier. I hope whoever designed that sh*tbox lost their position, but I doubt it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The youtube app is an abomination that makes it harder to use youtube not easier. I hope whoever designed that sh*tbox lost their position, but I doubt it.

jer_1

Agreed 100%. The browser youtube was perfect.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I thought it was a site bug because of the layout transition, which I despise right now unless I missed something that allows me to see my subscriptions' uploads by default.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I thought it was a site bug because of the layout transition, which I despise right now unless I missed something that allows me to see my subscriptions' uploads by default.

thetravman

I believe it is a bug. I tweeted the @Ytcreators and told them about youtube not working, I also tweeted Nintendo, and I also clicked on "send feedback" on youtube's website through the Wii U's web browser.