Yooka Laylee Switch releases....Dec 14th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

playtonic finally announced a release date and is much sooner i thought. i thought it would be delayed to 2018.

great news

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/28/16710094/yooka-laylee-nintendo-switch-launch-date

here is the trailer that reveals the info

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KBFloYd

some handheld offscreen gameplay....no sound

Loading Video...

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Yay! :D

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KBFloYd

the game runs 900P docked with better shadows than ps4/x1

and 600p handheld mode.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/296541-yooka-laylee-dev-team-talks-switch-resolutions-visual-comparison

Jut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Jut
Member since 2015 • 250 Posts

I hope it’s a bit more polished than the PS4 version

Siggestardust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Siggestardust
Member since 2017 • 34 Posts

@KBFloYd: Thanks for posting this. I did not even know this game existed now I think I will get it. It looks super fun!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

finally..but wish it were a physical copy

DudePerson5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DudePerson5
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@KBFloYd: dont geet it unless you really want it

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KBFloYd

@calway55 said:

developer says they want to add some extra stuff for a physical copy and might happen next year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KBFloYd

@dudeperson5 said:

@KBFloYd: dont geet it unless you really want it

yea i heard it sucked but i need to see for myself.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46217 Posts

Many people didn't like the game, but I'm sure that as a handheld game it could stand out among platformers :)

@calway55 said:

Srsly, no physical copy ?

HeroofWinds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HeroofWinds
Member since 2017 • 23 Posts

This is great News!

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 calway55

@KBFloYd: can't see myself waiting for a physical copy if I'm buying download or paying for the game twice

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KBFloYd

@calway55 said:

@KBFloYd: can't see myself waiting for a physical copy if I'm buying download or paying for the game twice

yea, im getting the download. however if the game is great to me for some reason. i might buy the physical just for collector's sake. they might even put a booklet inside like nicalis does for their indie physical games.

calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 calway55

@KBFloYd: How long have you been collecting? I have too much stuff. I still have the first 4 Nintendo consoles daisy-chained together in my living room along with the last 3 consoles including all the games. I have numerous items I've collected since 87'. I'm running out of room!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KBFloYd

@calway55 said:

@KBFloYd: How long have you been collecting? I have too much stuff. I still have the first 4 Nintendo consoles daisy-chained together in my living room along with the last 3 consoles including all the games. I have numerous items I've collected since 87'. I'm running out of room!

ha! see that's why. i save my consoles but i sell the games.

my original NES stopped working so i threw it away when i was like 10 years old. My SNES i gave to my cousin because he begged me for it. i still have my N64. never bought the gamecube because i had quit gaming. i got my wii and wiiU on top of each other. N64 is in the garage. i got my 360 here in my room the only other non nintendo console i have ever bought during it's lifetime. never had a genesis, saturn or dreamcast. although i own a dreamcast now used with like 5 games. i had a ps2 i bought like a few years ago but the discdrive stopped working and i threw it away.

As for games the reason i don't have any is PC. i can play any NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii/PS1/PS2/genesis/master system/atari game from any region at a press of a button.

i mean i have a few Wii games that have sentimental value but i sold pretty much everything. All i have is my WiiU games. only reason i have those is because i can't play those on PC....yet...

oh and my handhelds. i have a pkachu GBA SP. it plays GB/GBC/ and GBA games of course. however i sold all my games because again...PC does those fine because they are not dual screen.
For DS and 3DS i own a New 3DS XL in cosmo black. i do have a collection of DS and 3DS games because they suck playing on PC. however it's only like 25 games total and fit in a small drawer.

So room is not an issue for video game stuff for me. thanks to(okage de) PC.

however.. i collect vinyl records....now that! is what i use all my room for and will run out of space soon :

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I finally got my backer copy and started playing today.

The environments and music is nice and I look forward to playing more. I have 2 issues at the moment:

1. The camera is pretty bad. Specifically, the camera's collider is annoying, especially when it goes behind a pole and auto-snaps into position. I get what they were trying to do, but the way its implemented isn't very well done. If it's behind a pole (or similar), it should just remain under the user's control and just put a silhouette in the character's place (basically, what Mario games do).

2. Too much talking. I'm just skipping 90% of it now. The voices got irritating pretty quick too.

The camera issue is pretty game breaking for me, since I commonly use the second analog stick (camera movement) to steer my running direction, and when it snaps into position it makes me run off edges. Maybe it's just the starting area, but we'll see as I play more.