Yakuza 1 and 2 being ported over to the Wiii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

http://nintendoeverything.com/122116/yakuza-1-2-hd-edition-wii-u-debut-trailer/

It's about time Nintendo gets some mature rated games ported over. Even though I haven't been a fan of Nintendo in years, I'm actually impressed to seem them change things up a bit.

No further information was given.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Not sure what to think about the yakuza series but I may try this out if it ever comes to US, as of now, it is JPN only. Oh and :lol: @ the "Sega Direct" at the end of the trailer

Now if only Sega would bring that Phantasy Star Online 2 over to WiiU, we'd be good to go. I'm craving some Rag Rappy savaging

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

but isn't it only for Japan ?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

but isn't it only for Japan ?

Sphensen
yep
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

The Yakuza series has always been related to Sony in the past, but I suppose the series could be Nintendo exclusive from now on like Monster Hunter.  I have never played the series, but putting Yakuza 6 on Wii U will definitely boost the console's sales. 

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
It would be nice if they included more than just the first two, and actually got it here in the states.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I doubt the west will get this there hasn't even been any announcements of Yakuza 5 or the HD Remake of 1 and 2 on the PS3 coming to the west.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Playing Yakuza 4 atm on PS3 & I liked it, will get Yakuza 3, ..so hoping Nintendo of Europe will get Yakuza 1 & 2 HD...& what about 5???...bring 5 to Wii U C'MON!!!!

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

It's about time Nintendo gets some mature rated games ported over. Even though I haven't been a fan of Nintendo in years, I'm actually impressed to seem them change things up a bit.

ipumpmygun

I'm guessing the Wii U's port-heavy M-rated launch lineup (Mass Effect, Darksiders, Call of Duty, etc.), RE: Revelations, and Deus EX, weren't enough for you? :P In any case, we've all seen this movie and how it ends. This compilation (which consists of two PS2 games nearly 5/7 years old) will be released and flop in sales, leaving Sega to wonder why the heck it even bothered... which is precisely what I'm trying to figure out as I type this.

Seriously, who asked for this...? :?

AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts

[QUOTE="ipumpmygun"]

Madmangamer364

I'm guessing the Wii U's port-heavy M-rated launch lineup (Mass Effect, Darksiders, Call of Duty, etc.), RE: Revelations, and Deus EX, weren't enough for you? :P In any case, we've all seen this movie and how it ends. This compilation (which consists of two PS2 games nearly 5/7 years old) will be released and flop in sales, leaving Sega to wonder why the heck it even bothered... which is precisely what I'm trying to figure out as I type this.

Seriously, who asked for this...? :?

If bumped the resolution up, and added things, it might be kind of cool. But I have to agree.

A Panzer Dragoon (including Saga) collection, on the other hand... You reading this, Sega?