Xenoblade not coming to NA.

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

NoA is not interested in it.

Well I guess that also means The Last Story chances of coming to NA are probably zero. **** you NoA.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i wanna punch reggie. but i'm afraid to do it. not because of the lawsuits, but because of his punch back at me D:
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

**** you NoA.

Wanderer5

I agree. :|

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I can't get mad at Nintendo of America, on account of the fact that, in all honesty, they're probably right. I wouldn't expect those games to sell a lot if they came to North America. Don't blame a company for not wanting to waste money; blame the consumers who would make such an investment a waste.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Importing it.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

What a disappointment,although they're probably right :(.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd import, but I'm not buying a PAL Wii just to play Xenoblade and The Last Story.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17937 Posts
how odd. one of the upsides of Digital distribution (a bit left field i know..bare with me :P) is that there is less risk and investment needed to get a game out the door. if NOA have deemed that Xeno will not sell enough to warrant a print run of discs etc. then thats a shame. did it completly tank in japan? its a very very slim chance....but hopefully if ninty do devide to also have a wii VC on the wiiu that they will pop this up on their servers also. its translated and ready to go. popping it up would be trivial.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
To be expected by a company branch run by a money obsessed maniac like Reggie.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

i wanna punch reggie. but i'm afraid to do it. not because of the lawsuits, but because of his punch back at me D:BrunoBRS

His body is ready. Your's is not.

Meh. If I wanted to play it that badly I'd get RegionLoader or whatever it's called.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
The fans aren't taking this lying down: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=161695http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=161730http://www.destructoid.com/letter-writing-campaign-for-last-story-pandora-s-tower-204505.phtml Help spread the word.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

These would have sold like crap and they would have just lost money. It's a business people, get real.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33104 Posts

Wow! Ithe PR at NOA don't go crazy over the spamming on their facebook,email or twitter accounts about the localization of these games.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

These would have sold like crap and they would have just lost money. It's a business people, get real.

WreckEm711
This is correct. It would've suffered the safe fate as Arc Rise Fantasia with horrible sales, and bad English voice acting.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

awwh

Owh well. I guess not enough of the American Wii user base is interested. Eventhough we here on the gamespot forums are, the more mainstream Wii aduience is not.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

awwh

Owh well. I guess not enough of the American Wii user base is interested. Eventhough we here on the gamespot forums are, the more mainstream Wii aduience is not.

Gamingclone
Yep, can't get them away from their Wii Fit and Just Dance.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I was hoping for The Last Story, not this, but anyway, neither will make it.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

**** you NoA.

Pixel-Perfect

I agree. :|

Agreed.
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

unlucky for people in NA, & this is why region lock sux!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

wiifan001
This is correct. It would've suffered the safe fate as Arc Rise Fantasia with horrible sales, and bad English voice acting.

They are already translating to English for us here in Europe :? It would cost literally nothing to let US people play it. And if they don't have the guts to release (going by reviews) awesome games everywhere because they aren't confident they'll sell, why did they region lock the Wii? Why do they break freeloaders? Hell, why make the games in the first place....
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

What?......WHHHHAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!! D:

WreckEm711

Hey Atlus spends a bunch of money to localize games that are deemed niche and risky but they do it anyway. They actually set realistic expectations, but I guess unlike Atlus if NoA can't guarantee a million hitter they aren't going with it.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

locopatho

They are already translating to English for us here in Europe :? It would cost literally nothing to let US people play it. And if they don't have the guts to release (going by reviews) awesome games everywhere because they aren't confident they'll sell, why did they region lock the Wii? Why do they break freeloaders? Hell, why make the games in the first place....

Yes and the voice acting will be horrible...unless they're British actors >__> It won't sell in America; that's the problem.
advocatus1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 advocatus1983
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts

That's the most clever initiative I have read. Count my letters in!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I already got over it. If NoA doesn't want me to buy their amazing games then that is there loss.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

No one should have had hope for this. There was no reason to believe this game would release outside of Japan

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
That's too bad, i figured they would just toss it out next year to ride out the Wii's lifespan out. Oh well, not the first game that wasn't imported.
advocatus1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 advocatus1983
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts

Come on guys, let's request the games on Nintendo's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?sk=wall#!/Nintendo

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20275 Posts

As expected..... Why are they not selling these over here in North America? My Wii is starving for games! For those that say it may not sell well, think more clearly that these are just personal opinions of NoA. They did this to Disaster, they did this to Fatal Frame, they did this to my beloved franchise Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon 2 and Fire Emblem 6. All to think of all the wrong reasons.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pixel-Perfect

No one should have had hope for this. There was no reason to believe this game would release outside of Japan

LaytonsCat

Maybe not, but if it's being translated into English anyways there's pretty much no excuse not to bring it to the states in my opinion.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

Pixel-Perfect

Maybe not, but if it's being translated into English anyways there's pretty much no excuse not to bring it to the states in my opinion.

Well if they think its only going to move 10k copies, that's plenty reason. Not to mention if it were coming to NA, I would much rather it be voiced in NA for an NA audience. As I have seen with things like anime, English in Europe is not the same thing as English in America. And I'm not just talking a few words here and there, things adapted for America is made with an American culture in mind. While European products have a European culture in mind.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="LaytonsCat"]

Sepewrath

...things adapted for America is made with an American culture in mind. While European products have a European culture in mind.

Don't Europeans and Australians (etc.) get things that are localized for Americans all the time? :?

MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

First gen which makes me happy to be a NoE consumer. Iwata rocks.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

...things adapted for America is made with an American culture in mind. While European products have a European culture in mind.

Don't Europeans and Australians (etc.) get things that are localized for Americans all the time? :?

No, with console games that are region lock...we tend to get European/UK as Australia are also PAL. US is NTSC

Myself actually hate Americanised anime that we get....if the cartoon/content is made in US then its fine, but Japanese anime I prefer to watch the original content. I would equally hate watching a US movie where its being altered to suit say Asian way of thinking.

TV shows we get mostly American & British unaltered...pretty much all types movies US, UK, Asia & Europe unaltered.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]...things adapted for America is made with an American culture in mind. While European products have a European culture in mind. superbuuman

No, with console games that are region lock...we tend to get European/UK as Australia are also PAL. US is NTSC

Myself actually hate Americanised anime that we get....if the cartoon/content is made in US then its fine, but Japanese anime I prefer to watch the original content. I would equally hate watching a US movie where its being altered to suit say Asian way of thinking.

TV shows we get mostly American & British unaltered...pretty much all types movies US, UK, Asia & Europe unaltered.

You mean they redub them?

Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

Anyone who wants to be able to play this game on their Wii let me know.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZIVX

Come on guys, let's request the games on Nintendo's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo?sk=wall#!/Nintendo

advocatus1983

I actually posted on that and it's getting spammed every couple seconds by some new post saying the same thing. Glad to see so much support for the titles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Guys, we can't take this lying down!
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wanderer5

Oh man the campaign that is going on is spreading fast. Right now Mondo/Xenoblade is rank #4 on Amazon in video games which might help it be spotted by more people.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pixel-Perfect

Oh man the campaign that is going on is spreading fast. Right now Mondo/Xenoblade is rank #4 on Amazon in video games which might help it be spotted by more people.

Wanderer5

This is good news.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wanderer5

It is #1 on amazon now in video games.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sepewrath

Pixel-Perfect
If they do, no one said they had to like it lol. Its kind of like back in the days, localizing was so sloppy because a lot of it was direct translations and language doesn't work like that. Some languages have completely different sentence structures and meanings to what is being said, so you would end up with just terrible work. As time when on, localizing became more sophisticated across all mediums to where they were trying to catch the gist of things and then reworking them to fit them the culture its being shown to. For example the Super Sentai series from what I understand is way different from the western Power Rangers. its especially important for things like comedy, what's funny is often based on culture, what's funny in Japan and England, may not be funny in America.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I knew that Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Towerd would not come out in NA. E3 was a big let down regarding the rest of the Wii library. It still funny how people are still claiming bad sales as the reason for not localising these games in NA. No one offers any good evidence to suggest why these games would bomb in sales Just because another game in the same genre failed to sell does not mean anything. People cite examples of failures such as Tales of Symphonia and Arc Rise Fantasia, but there are reasons why these 2 games did not sell that well. There was no marketing of any sort for either game. A bunch of people probably have never even heard of Arc Rise Fantasia. The Tales game for Wii was second rate. It was not developed by the main Tales team. Why would a Tales fan want to spend money on an average Tales game that was not even made by the original team?

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I did my part bywriting ontheir Facebook page. What I found weird is Nintendo wants to bring back the "core" gamer with the WiiU but they don't want to bring "core" games from Japan to Wii. Are they serious with WiiU?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sepewrath

I knew that Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Towerd would not come out in NA. E3 was a big let down regarding the rest of the Wii library. It still funny how people are still claiming bad sales as the reason for not localising these games in NA. No one offers any good evidence to suggest why these games would bomb in sales Just because another game in the same genre failed to sell does not mean anything. People cite examples of failures such as Tales of Symphonia and Arc Rise Fantasia, but there are reasons why these 2 games did not sell that well. There was no marketing of any sort for either game. A bunch of people probably have never even heard of Arc Rise Fantasia. The Tales game for Wii was second rate. It was not developed by the main Tales team. Why would a Tales fan want to spend money on an average Tales game that was not even made by the original team?

gamenerd15
lol that's exactly how these decisions are made. If similar games don't find any support, why would you think yours would be any different? Even marketing doesn't always save you, Ubisoft marketed the hell out of Red Steel 2, but it didn't save it in the end. There is a very negative outlook on JRPG's these days in the US; if Nintendo localized it, it would have been more of a gift than a practical business decision. I would have liked them to bring them over, but I'm not going to pretend like it was all milk and honey, all upside to bringing it over. They may have been able to salvage TLS, Xenoblade would be sent to die and I never expected Pandora to come over.

I did my part bywriting ontheir Facebook page. What I found weird is Nintendo wants to bring back the "core" gamer with the WiiU but they don't want to bring "core" games from Japan to Wii. Are they serious with WiiU?

chris3116
You just answered your own question, the "core" gamers are all about western games these days. People don't have a lot of love for games from Japan, in particular JRPG.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

chris3116

I think they are, but I think that for some reason, they have this strange image in their heads that Americans dont like japanese RPG. Particularly good ones. I would preoder xenoblade on amazon.com but, I dont have anyway to pay for it and I know that I dont have to pay for it till it actually comes out, but it would kill me to have to cancle a preorder :(

Rowsdower64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rowsdower64
Member since 2010 • 114 Posts

Reading alot of cynical replies in this thread, come on guys. Tell nintendo how you feel with your wallet and pre-order Monado on amazon.

wooten9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wooten9000
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Lame, this is.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ZIVX

It is #1 on amazon now in video games.

Wanderer5

I'm impressed :)

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Sepewrath

If they do, no one said they had to like it lol. Its kind of like back in the days, localizing was so sloppy because a lot of it was direct translations and language doesn't work like that. Some languages have completely different sentence structures and meanings to what is being said, so you would end up with just terrible work. As time when on, localizing became more sophisticated across all mediums to where they were trying to catch the gist of things and then reworking them to fit them the culture its being shown to. For example the Super Sentai series from what I understand is way different from the western Power Rangers. its especially important for things like comedy, what's funny is often based on culture, what's funny in Japan and England, may not be funny in America.

Of course. I'd much rather have an American localization if I had the choice, but I don't. I'm sure everyone would rather have localizations that were actually local. My point is that just because the game is being localized for an English audience shouldn't automatically take it off the table, as certainly a game being localized for an American audience doesn't kill its chances of appearing in Europe. The fact that it's in a language that can be understood is what's most important. And hey, if nothing else, at least Xenoblade isn't a comedy, right?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

Sepewrath

lol that's exactly how these decisions are made. If similar games don't find any support, why would you think yours would be any different? Even marketing doesn't always save you, Ubisoft marketed the hell out of Red Steel 2, but it didn't save it in the end. There is a very negative outlook on JRPG's these days in the US; if Nintendo localized it, it would have been more of a gift than a practical business decision. I would have liked them to bring them over, but I'm not going to pretend like it was all milk and honey, all upside to bringing it over. They may have been able to salvage TLS, Xenoblade would be sent to die and I never expected Pandora to come over.

Consumers are not stupid, They are not going to buy games have a last generation feel to them. Tales of Symphonia 2 played and looked like a game on the Gamecube. Tales of Symphonia 2 seemed like it should have come out in 2006 for GC. Arc Rise Fantasia seemed like it was a PS2 RPG made in late 2001. Who would buy games that feel dated as all get up and go. Xenoblade seems kind of like White Knight Chronicles or Final Fantasy 12. FF 12 and WKC play very much like a Western RPG. The Last Story is an action RPG. The game seems kind of like Kingdom Hearts in a way. People like hack n slash RPG's in North America. I do not know why you are saying that these games will be received negatively because they are Japanese. The only people I have heard that are negative against JRPG's are videogame journalists. The journalists say that JRPG's do not keep up with the times. This is somewhat true to an extent. Games like Lost Oddysey and Blue Dragon do feel dated. Nippon Ichi Software is also known for having archaic gameplay as well. There are some good JRPG's that have been put on the market. Eternal and Tales of Vesperia are pretty good examples of good JRPG's. They did not sell that horrible in the Western market. The games did not hit the million mark, but I would not call them failures. Even games with an old school flare can succeed in the West. Demon's Souls is very Western, but it also has an old feel to it. When you lose, you have to start from the very beginning. The challenge of the game resembles games from the past. Demon's Souls is also very light on story just like NES games were. Demon's Souls is Nippon Ichi Software's best selling game in the Western Market. Nintendo is just looking for reasons not to bring the game over. Nintendo's move to the "hardcore" gamer sounds like a lie if you ask me. There is nothing that says Nintendo cannot draw the "hardcore" gamer in right now at the end of the Wii's lifecycle.

chris3116

You just answered your own question, the "core" gamers are all about western games these days. People don't have a lot of love for games from Japan, in particular JRPG.