Xbox fan, DS Lite or DSi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

So as most of you may know, the xbox one hasn't been the smoothest experience for gamers.

So I while I wait for these Hardware and connection issues to die down, I wanted to get a DS Lite or DSi

I want to play GBA games on the Lite, but would the DSi make up for lack of backwards compatibility with better games and hardware?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

nope...dsi games are rare and suck..hardware is the same.the only reason to get a dsi is the built in camera....and download some games from the eshop...

dslite plays all the good games and gba games...id get that.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

You'd be better off replacing the DSi with the 3DS as your main choice between DS models seeing as the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, in which case you have a full library of DS games to play as well as an ever growing library of 3DS games.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Screw the DSi, you want the DS Lite for sure.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@psx_warrior said:

You'd be better off replacing the DSi with the 3DS as your main choice between DS models seeing as the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games, in which case you have a full library of DS games to play as well as an ever growing library of 3DS games.

He said he wants to play GBA games, which is something you can't do on the 3DS, but can on the DS Lite.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@psx_warrior said:

He said he wants to play GBA games, which is something you can't do on the 3DS, but can on the DS Lite.

He also was comparing DSi to DS Lite and whether or not DSi had better games and hardware to be able to make up for lack of backward compatibility. This is why I suggested replacing DSi with 3DS as that system certainly has better hardware plus backwards compatibility with all DS games. So TC could own the DS Lite which plays all DS and GBA games, or 3DS which plays all DS games plus 3DS games.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

Thanks guys, the last nintendo I had was a N64, NES, and SN

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

I highly recommend the 3DSXL and GBASP combo. You can basically play any DS and Gameboy game ever with those 2 systems!

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It would really be nice if Nintendo would get on the ball and start putting all the good GBA games on the eshop. Who knows when, if ever, that will happen, though, so if you are interested in the GBA library, I would go with the DS Lite.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

DS Lite was hands down my favorite version of the original DS hardware. Not only for the GBA games, but also because it supported Guitar Hero: On Tour- the best tracklist in the entire series, if you ask me.

But if you've got no interest in GH, I'd do what that other fellow suggested- try to track down a 2nd gen GBA SP(with the backlit screen) and pair it with a 3DS. The 3DS will get you the online benefits of the DSi and the whole DS library, but will also net you a handheld that just had(or so I've heard claimed) the best 2013 of all handheld and home consoles.

Avatar image for PiscesAnimeGirl
PiscesAnimeGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 PiscesAnimeGirl
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

You should get the DS Lite definitely since you want to play GBA games

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#12 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

DS Lite, though a certain Sony console is by far and away the best GameBoy Advance player out there *cough*