Wow! The Nintendo Game Disk Replacement policy is condescending and flawed!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zootjeff
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
My two year old broke my Super Mario U game disk in half. Ok, I know how much DVDs cost to mass produce so I'm sure if I can produce the cracked one and send it back to them they would surely replace it at cost, right? WRONG! You go to their site on disk replacement : http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/troubleshooting_repair_information.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-repair-gi-disc What it starts out saying is exactly this: "Nintendo can only offer repairs for games that are published by Nintendo (For example, Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, etc.)." Then is says this: "You must be able to provide the game and proof of purchase, and the game must not show signs of physical damage." Let me get this straight, you have a damaged disk, so you go to this link and they tell you they will only replace an undamaged disk if you bought it in the last 90 days? Then it goes on to say this: We recommend purchasing a replacement copy of the game at a retailer. Why don't they just cut to the chase and stop wasting my time? FAIL!
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7540 Posts

Interesting concept. I hadn't really thought about a physical product in relation to software in such a way. Not sure what to make of the matter. 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well when i bought my wii and the wii sports disc wouldn't work, i sent it to nintendo and they gave me a replacement. it's not because you bought the game once that you can (literally) snap it in half and be entitled to another copy.
IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4204 Posts

It's not a company's responsibility to replace a product they didn't break. If you don't want your kid to break your games, keep them out of his reach; plain and simple. Most stores offer accidental damage warranties on games for like 3$ if you're terribly concerned.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IMAHAPYHIPPO

To round it out, your expectations of what you think you're entitled to "just get" because you're an American are condescending and flawed.

Mugzippit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Mugzippit
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts
A physical copy isn't a digital copy. You didn't buy a a license to access the game, you bought a singular DVD. That DVD is your own responsibility to care for and if it breaks then its gone. Trying to get a replacement for a DVD that been broken in half? I doubt any company in the world would offer that kind of service.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Shouldn't have let your 2 year old near your games.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

What the @$#*?

They replace the disc in the event that it has a defect or the console eats it, it's not a &^%$#@* insurance policy.

Why the Hell do you think that Nintendo would offer up a policy that did this?

When you have children things break, chairs, toys, puppies. It's just something that happens. That's why you need to take some extra effort to make sure the things that break are things that are easily replaced.

Even doing that you run across circumstances that you can't avoid, that doesn't mean that a company should have to pay for it.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7038 Posts

To round it out, your expectations of what you think you're entitled to "just get" because you're an American are condescending and flawed.

IMAHAPYHIPPO
What does him being American have to do with anything?
IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IMAHAPYHIPPO

[QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

Solaryellow

Watch how Americans act when it comes to consumer products. Next time you walk into a store, observe how they act in the customer service aisles.. It's rather disturbing.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IMAHAPYHIPPO

Granted, I've never been shopping in another country, so I have no idea if it's a country specific kind of thing, but the charts for these kinds of things tend to be skewed in favor of other countries besides America. Regardless, the point of the post is that just because you break something doesn't mean you "just get" a replacement at no cost to you.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

What are you feeding your two your old that he can snap a DVD in half? :shock:

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Euaggelistes
It's not difficult. When was the last time you saw a two year old?
superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Granted, I've never been shopping in another country, so I have no idea if it's a country specific kind of thing, but the charts for these kinds of things tend to be skewed in favor of other countries besides America. Regardless, the point of the post is that just because you break something doesn't mean you "just get" a replacement at no cost to you.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

I think he just wanted a *cheaper* replacement from Nintendo rather than just buying a new game again..since he did go to the trouble of stating that he knows how much the cost to mass produce DVD etc...still dumb. He broke it so warranty is out the window. Warranty only covers if the game arrives with defect/doesn't work...not because your 2 yrs old snap it in half.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

meetroid8

It's not difficult. When was the last time you saw a two year old?

Yeah, seriously. Ever heard of the "Terrible Two's"? Toddlers are destructive by their very nature.

zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zootjeff
I didn't say I wanted it at no cost to me. I said they should offer it at their cost since I already bought it at 60$ Yes I know I need to keep my two year old away, you obviously don't have kids. The whole point of my post that they don't just state their crappy replacement policy. They dance around the issue and lead you on in their wording. The reason the disk broke was because the two year old doesn't push the release in the center of the case. Then just pulls on the disk and it cracks. One might argue that is a design flaw and they should address it. I bet you just envisioned him tacoing it. Not the case. He has done this twice now. Once on my watch, once on my wife's. I just think it really sucks that my only option is pay full price for a replacement when it costs them pennies for the actual media. Customer satisfaction is not their goal for some reason I don't understand.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS
I didn't say I wanted it at no cost to me. I said they should offer it at their cost since I already bought it at 60$ Yes I know I need to keep my two year old away, you obviously don't have kids. The whole point of my post that they don't just state their crappy replacement policy. They dance around the issue and lead you on in their wording. The reason the disk broke was because the two year old doesn't push the release in the center of the case. Then just pulls on the disk and it cracks. One might argue that is a design flaw and they should address it. I bet you just envisioned him tacoing it. Not the case. He has done this twice now. Once on my watch, once on my wife's. I just think it really sucks that my only option is pay full price for a replacement when it costs them pennies for the actual media. Customer satisfaction is not their goal for some reason I don't understand. zootjeff
1- they don't dance around you with words. they say they replace technically faulty discs or defective products, but that any other problem and it's not on them, buy a new game instead. 2- it's not a design flaw. that release is meant to keep the disc from falling off and scratching. it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be, and misusage of a product does not qualify as design flaw, even if by a 2 year old. 3- if it was on your watch, why didn't you just take the box out of his hand and pulled the disc properly for him? if he wants to play games, make him ask his parents to do so, instead of letting expensive (and dangerous, he could really hurt himself with a broken disc) stuff within range.
zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zootjeff
[QUOTE="zootjeff"]I didn't say I wanted it at no cost to me. I said they should offer it at their cost since I already bought it at 60$ Yes I know I need to keep my two year old away, you obviously don't have kids. The whole point of my post that they don't just state their crappy replacement policy. They dance around the issue and lead you on in their wording. The reason the disk broke was because the two year old doesn't push the release in the center of the case. Then just pulls on the disk and it cracks. One might argue that is a design flaw and they should address it. I bet you just envisioned him tacoing it. Not the case. He has done this twice now. Once on my watch, once on my wife's. I just think it really sucks that my only option is pay full price for a replacement when it costs them pennies for the actual media. Customer satisfaction is not their goal for some reason I don't understand. BrunoBRS
1- they don't dance around you with words. they say they replace technically faulty discs or defective products, but that any other problem and it's not on them, buy a new game instead. 2- it's not a design flaw. that release is meant to keep the disc from falling off and scratching. it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be, and misusage of a product does not qualify as design flaw, even if by a 2 year old. 3- if it was on your watch, why didn't you just take the box out of his hand and pulled the disc properly for him? if he wants to play games, make him ask his parents to do so, instead of letting expensive (and dangerous, he could really hurt himself with a broken disc) stuff within range.

Ok, you're right, my bad. I guess I'm a fully satisfied customer after all. Nevermind! Yay Nintendo!
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meetroid8

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="zootjeff"]I didn't say I wanted it at no cost to me. I said they should offer it at their cost since I already bought it at 60$ Yes I know I need to keep my two year old away, you obviously don't have kids. The whole point of my post that they don't just state their crappy replacement policy. They dance around the issue and lead you on in their wording. The reason the disk broke was because the two year old doesn't push the release in the center of the case. Then just pulls on the disk and it cracks. One might argue that is a design flaw and they should address it. I bet you just envisioned him tacoing it. Not the case. He has done this twice now. Once on my watch, once on my wife's. I just think it really sucks that my only option is pay full price for a replacement when it costs them pennies for the actual media. Customer satisfaction is not their goal for some reason I don't understand. zootjeff

Ok, you're right, my bad. I guess I'm a fully satisfied customer after all. Nevermind! Yay Nintendo!

If you break your game, you're the one who has to buy a replacement. It's no one's fault but your own, and it's not Nintendo's responsibility. There's no need to act pissy about it. 

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IMAHAPYHIPPO

If you break your game, you're the one who has to buy a replacement. It's no one's fault but your own, and it's not Nintendo's responsibility. There's no need to act pissy about it. 

meetroid8

But isn't that the reason of creating an account for the sole purpose of complaining to a bunch of strangers about a policy that doesn't cater to your destructive children's needs?

As for the comment regarding we obviously don't have children, here's the logical solution since this has apparently happened twice now: put your expensive games on a shelf taller than three feet and don't let your child play with expensive, easily breakable objects. We're not being dicks here. It's a logical solution; there's no need to blame a company for that.

JJ_Productions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JJ_Productions
Member since 2008 • 1067 Posts
Next time don't leave you discs laying around the house.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Why would someone think they should get something at any sort of discount b/c of user error/fault (aka a kid breaking the disk)? Companies should only replace things if it is manufacturer error/fault? Now a company can choose to do more b/c the goodwill and loyalty generated makes sense to them economically...but that is their choice. Or some companies (or a third party) can offer insurance. This is the same as a car manufacturer: They offer limited warranties for manufacturer defects. They do not warranty an 'accident'...hence a third party offering people insurance.
zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zootjeff
If Nintendo made cars, then this policy would be similar to this: The cars spark plugs are not replaceable, if you wear them out, you have to buy a whole new engine. Or you loose the gas cap, you have to buy a new car.. Sure you could find one on eBay but we'd rather you buy a new car. Disks wear out from repeated use. Disks are so much more fragile then cartridges were in the 90s. I grew up on Nintendo and love the games they make. I just think their service policy sucks and they should get away from their cartridges mentality on the media. Many software companies offer media replacement for a fraction if the cost. You guys disagree, I get it. I'll move on.
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts
Yea i dont think any warranty would cover a game broken in half....
IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IMAHAPYHIPPO
If Nintendo made cars, then this policy would be similar to this: The cars spark plugs are not replaceable, if you wear them out, you have to buy a whole new engine. Or you loose the gas cap, you have to buy a new car.. Sure you could find one on eBay but we'd rather you buy a new car. Disks wear out from repeated use. Disks are so much more fragile then cartridges were in the 90s. I grew up on Nintendo and love the games they make. I just think their service policy sucks and they should get away from their cartridges mentality on the media. Many software companies offer media replacement for a fraction if the cost. You guys disagree, I get it. I'll move on.zootjeff
There's a wise saying: when you wake up in the morning and you meet a jerk, that person's probably a jerk; when you wake up and all you meet are jerks, you're the jerk.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
If Nintendo made cars, then this policy would be similar to this: The cars spark plugs are not replaceable, if you wear them out, you have to buy a whole new engine. Or you loose the gas cap, you have to buy a new car.. Sure you could find one on eBay but we'd rather you buy a new car. Disks wear out from repeated use. Disks are so much more fragile then cartridges were in the 90s. I grew up on Nintendo and love the games they make. I just think their service policy sucks and they should get away from their cartridges mentality on the media. Many software companies offer media replacement for a fraction if the cost. You guys disagree, I get it. I'll move on.zootjeff
if nintendo made cars, then their policy would be similar to this: if you crash your car, we're not giving you a new one.
JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

I have PS1 discs that are still flawless! Any scratched up disc I own was preowned by someone else, any disc I bought new still looks perfect or has light scratches. Its user error, take better care of your stuff! Your 2 year old isnt 5ft tall, put your games up higher! You know what, I think ill go hit my Wii U with a hammer and then expect Nintendo to fix it! HERRP DERRRP!

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#29 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9723 Posts

What the @$#*?

They replace the disc in the event that it has a defect or the console eats it, it's not a &^%$#@* insurance policy.

When you have children things break, chairs, toys, puppies. It's just something that happens. That's why you need to take some extra effort to make sure the things that break are things that are easily replaced.

Even doing that you run across circumstances that you can't avoid, that doesn't mean that a company should have to pay for it.

Jaysonguy

This

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Another reason I'm going DD with Nintendo for now on. My kids broke my Madden 13 game and there isn't going to be a Madden 25 so now I'm sad I bought this stupid plastic disc.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Another reason I'm going DD with Nintendo for now on. My kids broke my Madden 13 game and there isn't going to be a Madden 25 so now I'm sad I bought this stupid plastic disc.DaBrainz
this + TC = lesson for the day Don't have kids, folks
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Nintendo has no reason to give you a refund.  It was your mistake for being careless.

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

[QUOTE="Solaryellow"][QUOTE="IMAHAPYHIPPO"]

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Watch how Americans act when it comes to consumer products. Next time you walk into a store, observe how they act in the customer service aisles.. It's rather disturbing.

Wow. nothing like generalizing and stereotyping.

zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zootjeff

Nintendo has no reason to give you a refund.  It was your mistake for being careless.

drekula2
Yes. Thank you. And I'm sure if it happened to you, you'd be happy to pay 120 dollars for a 60 dollar game.
young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="drekula2"]

zootjeff
Yes. Thank you. And I'm sure if it happened to you, you'd be happy to pay 120 dollars for a 60 dollar game.

There is a pretty big difference between being happy to pay extra for a game and recognizing that you need to take care of your stuff. When your 2 year old gets older and crashes your car, you better have paid for full insurance on it because the car company is not going to give you a new car at cost. You have to pay extra if you want to avoid taking a loss on a broken game/or anything else in life. Next time you have two choices, pay extra for the insurance on the game, or make sure that your 2 year old never gets a hold of it because blaming Nintendo for something that they had no control over and expecting them to pay for your mistakes is juvenile no matter what your age.
zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zootjeff
When did I blame nintendo? When did I ask for a full refund? A smart company company can turn a profit on their service business. Maybe they don't offer replacements at cost but charge 10 bucks. They'd still make money without pissing people off.. I don't understand why none of you think this is a good idea.. I know it's my fault for not mounting the wii on a shelf up high somewhere, truth is I have baby latches on the cabinet and it happened so fast. I get it. It's my fault and I should pay dearly. Thanks. $h!t still happens, and customer satisfaction is a competitive advantage.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

What the @$#*?

Jaysonguy

Save this moment.

Most people are going to agree with Jason.

Never thought I'd see that :P.

zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zootjeff
Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 meetroid8
[QUOTE="zootjeff"]Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

But not for video games.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="zootjeff"]Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

please do buy a copy of kinect sports, break it in half, and call microsoft to ask for a replacement. tell me how it goes.
zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 zootjeff
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="zootjeff"]Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

please do buy a copy of kinect sports, break it in half, and call microsoft to ask for a replacement. tell me how it goes.

You mean like this? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-replacement-program It's 20 bucks, straight forward and non condescending! I found that link in 10 seconds with a google search. Thanks for making my point for me! I would much rather pay 20 than 60 and Microsoft still makes some money on my misfortune, and this is reasonable in my opinion...
IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IMAHAPYHIPPO

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="zootjeff"]Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822zootjeff

You mean like this? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-replacement-program It's 20 bucks, straight forward and non condescending! I found that link in 10 seconds with a google search. Thanks for making my point for me! I would much rather pay 20 than 60 and Microsoft still makes some money on my misfortune, and this is reasonable in my opinion...

Except for this part: "Microsoft will replace only selected titles and has no obligation to replace all titles or any particular title."

And of course you'd rather pay 20 than 60. I'll channel the words of the great Mick Jagger: "You can't always get what you want."

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#43 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9723 Posts

[QUOTE="zootjeff"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] please do buy a copy of kinect sports, break it in half, and call microsoft to ask for a replacement. tell me how it goes.IMAHAPYHIPPO

Except for this part: "Microsoft will replace only selected titles and has no obligation to replace all titles or any particular title."

And of course you'd rather pay 20 than 60. I'll channel the words of the great Mick Jagger: "You can't always get what you want."

I'm beginning to believe zootjeff is the 2 year old, here. I refuse to believe that a full-grown adult is this dense, self entitled, and irresponsible.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="zootjeff"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="zootjeff"]Hey, everyone hates Microsoft, Right? They have a history of being greedy and making too much money.. Even THEY have a media replacement policy, so when you keep scratching your head about how crazy and lame I am for even suggesting it, look around a bit first... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

seriously. try it. i'll pay the difference if they do replace it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

If my toddlers/kids/teenagers/wife/"my drunken self" broke my game disc, I would consider my own negligence to be the problem and buy a new disc. That would teach me!

You can see from my sig I play and own a lot of games, and I am much older than the gamers you find on this site.

I never once had any kids break my discs (I came from a family of five, and I have kids around me constantly) because I put the games away in the case, far away and out of reach from their 2-3 ft. tall bodies. I am not lazy, and leave discs stacked on discs, and if I was, I would blame myself for the scratches I would be accumulating.

It seems to me that a swell corporate policy for "negligent entitled people breaking discs" is great for those destructive consumers, but such a policy shouldn't be required. If you are lucky enough to find a company that suits your destructive needs, don't expect other companies to follow suit.

You were careless, incredibly careless. When you had your child, you should do what millions of others do and child proof the place. You had ample time from conception to the 9 months. Even then, the baby wasn't actively mobile until they start crawling/walking around the 5 month-9month mark.

I wonder what else in your house is going to be destroyed over the years due to poor planning.

The issue is not Nintendo, it seems you Have some serious changes in your life you should start considering ASAP. I recommend you begin bettering and altering your currrent lifestyIe before EVER touching a game controller again. There is a priority problem in your household, and you need to make some adjustments which includes educating your children, and includes you considering where you place things around those young children. Do you leave scissors and knives lying around for them to grab? What is going on that you can't place the disc away from the child?

This argument of "I broke it and I want a new one, waahhh" stinks of entitled and careless kids/teenagers I knew in middle and high school.

I grew up and learned when I was a very young child to take care of my belongings, and I taught many children over the years the same thing.

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

^^^HAHA TC GOT OWNED!!

zootjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 zootjeff
Ty, The game console and games are stored in an entertainment console under the tv mounted to the wall. There are baby latches on the cabinet doors. One time the disc got broken because the 5 year old left the cabinet open and the 2 year old walked up. We turned this into a learning opportunity for him and now he never leaves the door open anymore. I bought a replacement disc from eBay for 28 bucks. That was NintendoLand it was in its case put away but the two year old opened the case, pulled on one side of it in the case and cracked the disk. This latest was SuperMarioU. In this case my wife was swapping out a disk, set it down in the case for what she said was just a sec. As she was putting the other game in, the toddler walked up pulled on one side of it (in the case) and it failed in the same way. One crack in the disk, but still mounted in the case. Was this my fault, Yes! We're we careless, yes, Is the place childproofed? Generally yes. You make me sound like Kanye West, and that really wasn't the case.. I acknowledge my post is pissy and whiny and that is probably not the best approach to gain support and consensus on this one. Seems like most of you probably actually agree with me that it would be nice if they had a service policy that saves you money if you happen to accidentally damage your disk. But because of my tone and approach here you'd rather set a pile of money on fire in the backyard bonfire style rather than agree with me at this point. :-) I do believe that the Nintendo case has way too much retention force. Compared to most DVDs I own, I have to push way harder to release the WiiU disks. That would have saved me in both cases here..
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
a lot of companies are like that, asus wouldnt replace my motherboard because of "physical damage."