Wouldnt better graphics make the wii more immersive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bunyipbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bunyipbrown
Member since 2004 • 124 Posts
We all know that the Wii insnt a big honking graphical power house. But dont you think that the wii would be even more immersive if it had, even a bit better graphics? I mean i love the wii.. and hats off for Nintendo for doing so well , but dont you think that better graphics will be needed in the not so distant wii future. Having said that MoH:Heroes 2 looks very nice.
kingdomhartfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingdomhartfan
Member since 2007 • 763 Posts

It would be a great idea if the wii got better graphics because that's what microsoft and sony are focusing on. This would make the wii even better.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
Well MOHH2 doesn't look very nice and It would probably make a slight difference. As of now I'm fine with the graphics that brawl,SMG, and MP3 has.
Sefion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sefion
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
The graphics it has now look great
lrrydaqcumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 lrrydaqcumber
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

The graphics are fine......

kingqaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 kingqaz
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts
Graphics would make it moreimmersive but Nintendo wanted to make i accessible to most people (by minamizing price) and making it more immresive. Because of this that compromise was made.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
It would have also made it more expensive. That's a problem, since Nintendo's strategy has always been to A.) produce Hardware at an immediate profit (they have to, since they can't absorb the short-to-midterm losses as well as a company such as Sony or Microsoft could), and B.) to sell their hardware for considerably less than the competition (note that the GCN launched at a hundred USD less than the PS2). A low price-point is especially important now, with the aim of appealing to a broader market.
Spelunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spelunker
Member since 2002 • 11428 Posts

Of course it would. And there's also no reason why increasing the technical performance on the Wii would have increased the retail price, not with the record per unit profit that they're taking.

But this is a moot point now, and there's really no reason to re-open this argument. The graphic capabilities of the Wii are its graphic capabilities, and it's not about to change.