Would a Metroid Prime Trilogy disc be a good idea?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Imagine if they did Wiimakes of MP 1 & 2 (like Resi 4) and released them exclusively on the same disc as Prime 3 after a couple years. Obviously it would likely need a dual-layer DVD to hold it all, but would you buy it?

I'm not the biggest fan of the series but I think that would be a good deal.

Random thought ahoy.

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
I'd most likely buy it even though I have both on gamecube already.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Nintendo has gone on record that they're not happy with the way that Metroid was going on the Gamecube with Metroid Prime 2 being the worst game of the franchise. I don't think they'd spend much time refreshing people's memories of the games there.

Instead I see them taking advantage of the Wii controls and try to make everyone forget about how the series was going on the last console.

smackbang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smackbang
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
I would rather see A Metroid boxset with all three primes and Super Metroid with Prime 3(same disc) prime one and two on one disc (if possible)
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

Nintendo has gone on record that they're not happy with the way that Metroid was going on the Gamecube with Metroid Prime 2 being the worst game of the franchise. I don't think they'd spend much time refreshing people's memories of the games there.

Instead I see them taking advantage of the Wii controls and try to make everyone forget about how the series was going on the last console.

Jaysonguy

Nintendo isn't proud of Metroid Prime?  I agree with the second one not being great but I thought that Metroid Prime was possibly the best game of that last generation.  I'm more worried about the third one than any of them.  All I've seen in the game so far is generic space ships.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I would rather see A Metroid boxset with all three primes and Super Metroid with Prime 3(same disc) prime one and two on one disc (if possible)smackbang

I can see that too.

bigmick07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 bigmick07
Member since 2005 • 441 Posts
that would be a good thing, but i don't think they would revamp the controls, i thin it would be more like the original controls and you would have to play with a gamecube or classic controller. Sorry to stray from the subject, but this should also happen to other series, such as Halo, or Metal Gear Solid. Those games rely so heavily on their storyline (especially the latter) that you really would need to play all the games in the series to understand whats going on.
FlameBeast4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FlameBeast4000
Member since 2004 • 671 Posts
That's one of the first things that I thought about when I heard Prime 3 was gonna be on the Wii.
JackBauer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JackBauer123
Member since 2007 • 368 Posts

YES!!!!!!!!!!

FearNeutron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FearNeutron
Member since 2003 • 248 Posts

Nintendo isn't proud of Metroid Prime? I agree with the second one not being great but I thought that Metroid Prime was possibly the best game of that last generation. I'm more worried about the third one than any of them. All I've seen in the game so far is generic space ships.Emmenite7

I agree. I always felt that the first Metroid Prime was the best step from 2D to 3D for any game of past generations. I never finished Metroid Prime 2 though.

waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
i'd buy it .... but i better want nintendo working on other games (as long as it's not mini games too) to show more of the real wii power
Avatar image for RadioactiveApeX
RadioactiveApeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 RadioactiveApeX
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
If they could re-format the controls perfectly on the first two games and then add additional bonus content I think it would be worth making... otherwise I think we've had enough Gamecube games on the Wii and I'd prefer to move on. Also, Nintendo isn't really known for re-releasing collections of games outside of Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES, so I don't think it's that likely. If they do anything I'd like to see them remake Super Metroid or the original game on the Wii, but I doubt that will happen.I'd rather see a new "saga" emerge after Prime 3, probably somewhere close to the end of the Wii's lifespan.
Emmenite7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emmenite7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

[QUOTE="Emmenite7"]Nintendo isn't proud of Metroid Prime? I agree with the second one not being great but I thought that Metroid Prime was possibly the best game of that last generation. I'm more worried about the third one than any of them. All I've seen in the game so far is generic space ships.FearNeutron

I agree. I always felt that the first Metroid Prime was the best step from 2D to 3D for any game of past generations. I never finished Metroid Prime 2 though.

What a coincidence.  I didn't finish Prime 2 either, so it's not right for me to talk trash about the second one.  It just felt like a chore to play for some reason.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Sure as hell would!
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
I'd buy it, I never had the opertunity to play them first time round - last metroid game I played was on the SNES :( .... It was quality tho
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
I thought Metroid Prime was great. There was alot of backtracking but the environments were so great and cool to look at it kind of takes away that you go back. MP2 on the other hand was just a chore like another poster said. I didn't even get very far but I just didn't feel like I was getting anywhere. With each upgrade you'd only get slightly further, almost teasing you. The graphics were better which you could clearly see but with such a boring environment this time it didn't really matter. I'm glad I picked it up cheap, I should probably trade it back in as i'm not going to bother playing it again.
Xerlaoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xerlaoth
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts
that'd be sweet, and yes i'd buy.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
If anything they need to make Metroid II and/or 3 unlockable in Metroid Prime 3 (I wouldn't at all be upset if you could find items in Metroid games and other Nintendo adventure games that gave you points toward downloads of specific VC games. It would be a way cooler version of achievements.)
DreganMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DreganMK
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts
awesome!
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="FearNeutron"]

[QUOTE="Emmenite7"]Nintendo isn't proud of Metroid Prime? I agree with the second one not being great but I thought that Metroid Prime was possibly the best game of that last generation. I'm more worried about the third one than any of them. All I've seen in the game so far is generic space ships.Emmenite7

What a coincidence. I didn't finish Prime 2 either, so it's not right for me to talk trash about the second one. It just felt like a chore to play for some reason.

Its kinda odd because lots of people told me to get MP2 over the original, they said it was exactly the same but with better graphics. However I do realise that Prime 1 was probably better now because I've given it a whirl at a friends house.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Prime 1 had a lot more personality and better environments. I personally just didn't find myself giving a darn about Aether and got bored hours into the game.
Avatar image for InfinitySamurai
InfinitySamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InfinitySamurai
Member since 2003 • 1441 Posts
Great idea, I hope they do it, though they prob won't :(
mjgballin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mjgballin
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts
Im a Metroid whore.:P
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts

Jaysonguy

They weren't happy with how little it was selling, not how it was going. They were expecting Halo levels of consumer reception.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Michael85

They weren't happy with how little it was selling, not how it was going. They were expecting Halo levels of consumer reception.

When it turned out to be an action/adventure instead of an FPS that kinda shot down the ''Nintendo's Halo'' hype. I expected an FPS out of it too which ultimately got me down, so I totally ignored it for like 2 years :P. Now I appreciate it as one of the best games in its genre.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
If all three were on one disk and if it was only $50 and they added a bit of extra content into it, then yes, i would buy it.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
It would be nice but I would rather have Retro Studios working on a New IP.
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
they MIGHT be able to fit the first 2 on a single disk with true widescreen and motion controls, but if the 3rd one takes a full disk what makes you think they can shoehorn 2 other (3 including Super Metroid) games onto a disk?

Id get it if it were 5 discs. Id love to play Prime/Echoes with the remote
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tomarlyn
they MIGHT be able to fit the first 2 on a single disk with true widescreen and motion controls, but if the 3rd one takes a full disk what makes you think they can shoehorn 2 other (3 including Super Metroid) games onto a disk?

Id get it if it were 5 discs. Id love to play Prime/Echoes with the remoteryustruck
Well the Wii can utilise dual-layer DVD's (around 9 GB's), the Cube's discs were only 1.5 GB's in size and I doubt Prime 3 will even fill a single layer DVD. So doing the math one disc shouldn't be an issue :P