Worms for wii? God awful desine!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

What is wrong with this? Well lets count down!

1. They simplified the gameplay down so that you can see exactly where you're aiming. This removes a HUGE part of worms skill and was no doubt done for nintendo's "we love the non gamer" crowd.

2. The graphics look awful for a 2d game. I don't care if this is the wii or not, you should have at least good looking 2d games. IGN asked before we saw shots of it "will it be 3d or stick to the high detail 2d", No wonder they studderd to answer it, they have neither high detail 2d or 3d.

3. Blurry backround. Rememeber that, in worms open warfare for ds? The backrounds got it a huge penalty becuase they were so freakin blurry. Where it was pretty clear on psp, the ds version had an extremely blurry look. So worms got a huge improvement in ds version with better gameplay controls and non blurry backrounds. So why in the world did they feel those blurry low res backrounds were due for a come back?

IGN: Worms: A Space Oddity is an ideal candidate to make use of a Wii headset for voice-over-IP. Have you thought about pushing for a headset from Nintendo or about using Wii's USB slots for compatibility with a third party headset?

Gilbert:Unfortunately, due to time constraints and no known plans from Nintendo to support this functionality, it wasn't really an option in Worms: A Space Oddity. It certainly would be a nice addition to online gameplay. However, there is a text based chat option implemented which allows players to communicate using pre-defined text strings when communicating with random players and text input for friends so users can still taunt their opponents!

Oh great, another online without any chat interface! Is nitnendo doing this on purpose or do third party developers think "You know what would be fun online? We include random battles, friends codes, and oh? Talking to the person you're fighting? Nahhhhh, that's gatta go!"

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I'm pretty sure those pics were compressed, hence the poor quality.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I don't care at all on your opinion since I'm looking to it.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kittykatz5k

chris3116

Then why did you post here? If you're not even going to read my points and thread and consider anything at all before you blindly fanboyishly buy stuff, then why did you bother posting here?

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts
Yeah... the design looks quite fugly.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucks
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
[QUOTE="chris3116"]

kittykatz5k

Then why did you post here? If you're not even going to read my points and thread and consider anything at all before you blindly fanboyishly buy stuff, then why did you bother posting here?

I've read your points and I say you critisize too much. You can't critique a game before it isn't even out yet. Granted, they are some games that look like crap when they are first announced, but not this one. It looks promising.The image means nothing, it could be an early built or a compressed image, wait till you see videos of it. As for the voice chat, with WC24, they could always add an update that will allow to uses an head set later on. There's an head set on the ds, why not the Wii?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Cry moar. :|

Quit whining, buy the game or get over it.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendofreak_2
I suppose people don't like opinions on these boards if they don't agree with them. :|
Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts

WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucks2good2betrue

Yeah that does concern me. The whole point of worms is to kinda learn where to aim, if they show you where to aim then no one will miss. It's too early to tell though at this time, i guess we will just see what happens.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

I suppose people don't like opinions on these boards if they don't agree with them. :|nintendofreak_2

It's not opinions that people don't like here, it's complains. We have to many of 'hem. People critisize agame without even trying it. they complain about GS scores. etc. It's annoying

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Duckman5

[QUOTE="2good2betrue"]WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucksGlitch321

Yeah that does concern me. The whole point of worms is to kinda learn where to aim, if they show you where to aim then no one will miss. It's too early to tell though at this time, i guess we will just see what happens.

You might need to make a motion with the wiimote and nunchuck to gauge you speed and distance. This would negate seeing where it COULD go.

nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nintendofreak_2

It's not opinions that people don't like here, it's complains. We have to many of 'hem. People critisize agame without even trying it. they complain about GS scores. etc. It's annoying

vnc20100
The points brought up were quite valid. And complaining about people complaining doesn't solve anything.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2good2betrue

[QUOTE="2good2betrue"]WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucksGlitch321

maybe its just an option

Glitch321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Glitch321
Member since 2003 • 913 Posts
[QUOTE="Glitch321"]

[QUOTE="2good2betrue"]WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucksDuckman5

You might need to make a motion with the wiimote and nunchuck to gauge you speed and distance. This would negate seeing where it COULD go.

Yeah that's what i've been thinking. Im thinking the aim line is to help with the motion or something. Like i said though we will have to wait and see :)

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 2good2betrue
[QUOTE="Glitch321"]

[QUOTE="2good2betrue"]WTF is that about, you can see where you are aiming? That sucksDuckman5

maybe, that would be better

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
wow you spelt design wrong :|. I think you are a little too harsh on this. I'm not saying anything about it, until it comes out :).
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts
You could at least wait for an accurate screenshot of the game, not that piece of crap image. Not to mention that the article you quoted stated that the game does have a chat function; in fact it's the first wii game to have one.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckman5

You could at least wait for an accurate screenshot of the game, not that piece of crap image. Not to mention that the article you quoted stated that the game does have a chat function; in fact it's the first wii game to have one.the_leet_kid

They are pre-set messages and Madden already has them.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I'm not sure where the sample pic came from but it does look quite dated as far as graphics go... I'm just glad to see it be a 2D shooter! Worms 3D was a disappointment. I agree the aiming line is lame if it is for everyone. Hopefully it's an option so those that really suck can have it and the rest of us can turn it off. Evens out the playing field a bit.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kittykatz5k

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]I suppose people don't like opinions on these boards if they don't agree with them. :|vnc20100

I have played worms and these changes are unbearable to the original desine and follow far too much of what nintendo has been overly critisised of.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kittykatz5k

You could at least wait for an accurate screenshot of the game, not that piece of crap image. Not to mention that the article you quoted stated that the game does have a chat function; in fact it's the first wii game to have one.the_leet_kid

No, it has a coutner strike like "GO GO GO, fire in the hole, take cover, enemy down" preset messeges you can send.

To the people critisising me about critisising a game I havn't played, as said above, I played enough of worms to know this is not the defining worms game to buy this year.

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bass7

[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"]You could at least wait for an accurate screenshot of the game, not that piece of crap image. Not to mention that the article you quoted stated that the game does have a chat function; in fact it's the first wii game to have one.kittykatz5k

No, it has a coutner strike like "GO GO GO, fire in the hole, take cover, enemy down" preset messeges you can send.

To the people critisising me about critisising a game I havn't played, as said above, I played enough of worms to know this is not the defining worms game to buy this year.

But you haven't played this one. Don't make any immediate answers, that you say it will 100% suck. No one knows, you never know, it could be great. Not trying to bash on ya, just saying.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
The Design is okay, nothing special.
makaveli_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 makaveli_89
Member since 2006 • 3415 Posts

The Design is okay, nothing special.Haziqonfire

ROFL

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kittykatz5k

I don't or hate for the feel of the flame, when a game shows lazy-ness or bad desine, I just spread the word of that. Take this how you want, I just feel they could evolve worms in much mroe productive ways than what this is looking like so far.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
You all beat me to design i was going to say that. And worms does not come out for another 8-10 months that might be just the beggining stage of graphics and same with the blurryness. Also i do agree that the aiming is a dumb feature but hopefully they change that!
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
then dont get it if you dont like it...
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kittykatz5k

then dont get it if you dont like it...grafkhun

Is that what you tell reviewers when theyreview the game? "Well why give it a 5.0, you didn't have to buy it!"

And sorry about my spelling, but if that's the best retort you can get, why are you posting here?

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bass7

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]then dont get it if you dont like it...kittykatz5k

Is that what you tell reviewers when theyreview the game? "Well why give it a 5.0, you didn't have to buy it!"

And sorry about my spelling, but if that's the best retort you can get, why are you posting here?

They invented something called Blockbuster quite a while ago. Gamefly also came out too :|.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kittykatz5k
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]then dont get it if you dont like it...Bass7

They invented something called Blockbuster quite a while ago. Gamefly also came out too :|.

What the... I can't even begin to comment on this, it's so irrelivant to the point and off topic that there is no clissification to what you just said :?

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bass7
[QUOTE="Bass7"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="grafkhun"]then dont get it if you dont like it...kittykatz5k

What the... I can't even begin to comment on this, it's so irrelivant to the point and off topic that there is no clissification to what you just said :?

Instead of buying it, you can rent it.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kittykatz5k
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"][QUOTE="Bass7"]

Bass7

Instead of buying it, you can rent it.

Okaaaaaay.... have fun renting it... but should game dsiners aim to have their products as "rentals at best"

Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bass7

kittykatz5k

Okaaaaaay.... have fun renting it... but should game dsiners aim to have their products as "rentals at best"

No,they should be aimed for sucess, but if the game flops, it flops.

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
to be honest, after reading the interview at IGN, this is my most anticipated 3rd Party Wii game, right next to No More Heroes and Geometry Wars: Galaxies. The online should be spectacular, and judging how awesome Open Warfare 2 turned out to be, im thrilled.
burfeindt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 burfeindt21
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

I don't or hate for the feel of the flame, when a game shows lazy-ness or bad desine, I just spread the word of that. Take this how you want, I just feel they could evolve worms in much mroe productive ways than what this is looking like so far.

kittykatz5k
Proper sentence composing and Spell Check should be your new best friends.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
its design, damnit!