Word of Warning For Anyone Buying A Wii U, Danger Awaits

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

For those that don't remember the Wii's launch I'll tell a story.

Many people ordered their Wii's online had their deliveries intercepted by unscrupulous shipping employees who knew they could either take the Wii home or resell the console for a hefty profit.

With stores sending out their consoles today I urge everyone to follow their deliveries daily if not morning and night and if anything unusual happens to contact the shipping company as soon as possible.

Something I forgot the first time around....

REMEMBER, delivery companies have temporary holiday help right now. Scoring a rare console or 2 is worth the risk of losing your job that you're only going to have for a few weeks.

StateOfGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 StateOfGrace
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts
That's messed up. Idk why people would do that especially if they knew their job was at risk. Guess some people are just stupid.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
That's messed up. Idk why people would do that especially if they knew their job was at risk. Guess some people are just stupid.StateOfGrace
Money makes people do stupid things, especially in the run up to Christmas.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

My Wii turned up 2 days late. Thats the first and only time thats ever happened.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

how would thye know its a wii u in the package?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

resevl4rlz

From the horror stories with the Wii they know the size box used, the average weight.

Once they knew that the Wii's were shipping they "inspected" boxes sent from those areas until they were able to get the Wii's.

That's why some packages showed up as delayed, they never got back on course, instead they were kept as gifts or sold on Ebay or just back of a truck type deals.

I'll stick this is the first post too. All delivery services have temp help right now who are only going to have their jobs a few weeks, for some people it's worth the gamble to sell a few consoles at profit at the risk of their job.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

resevl4rlz

Depends who's stealing it.

If it's someone who packs items for shipping they'll have an easy time knowing because they packed it.
Someone who has access said packages before they get sent out would be able to have a rough idea of the size of the WiiU box and would also know when they where about to be shipped out so could make an educated guess.
Whoever picks up the items to ship would probably know what they where picking up and again could make an educated guess and could also, along with whoever delivers it to your house, carefully open the package a little and have a look until they find one, and simply reseal anything that isn't a WiiU.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 resevl4rlz

i hope that won't happen to me

jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
when you figure you can easily sell one for $500+, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think some disgruntled employee would decide to swipe a few. while the odds are likely low, it definitely happens. btw, isn't there a christmas movie where someone does this to get ransom for their kid or something? i forget what movie...
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

good advice

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I'll just go a store and say: "I want a Wii U please". End of story. If it is sold out everywhere and it's the end of the world, I'll just wait. Besides, I only want Pikmin and Wii Fit, and neither of those are launch titles.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'll just go a store and say: "I want a Wii U please". End of story. If it is sold out everywhere and it's the end of the world, I'll just wait. Besides, I only want Pikmin and Wii Fit, and neither of those are launch titles.

This. Except for the games... I want more games on the wii u then I can afford haha
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

That's why I don't buy online for a console launch. I don't like the idea of delays, damages or stolen items. I'm lucky enough to waltz into a store without a queue and pick up a Wii U without the need to even pre order.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

That's why I don't buy online for a console launch. I don't like the idea of delays, damages or stolen items. I'm lucky enough to waltz into a store without a queue and pick up a Wii U without the need to even pre order.

trugs26
They're shipped in the same fashion, and handled by the same people, really.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

That's messed up. I couldn't imagine something like that happening over here though.

Alx1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alx1231
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Mine is currently on plane from Kentucky on its way to Philly. I always follow my packages pretty closely just in case they make a mistake of some kind.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 resevl4rlz

Mine is currently on plane from Kentucky on its way to Philly. I always follow my packages pretty closely just in case they make a mistake of some kind.

Alx1231

me too. and mine is on a place headed to illinois

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
I ordered mine from wal-mart so I'm kinda scared lol, they use Fedex, mine still hasn;t shipped either the only update I've gotten is "Shipment information sent to Fedex" which is the very first step :/ looks like ill prob have it tues
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

Heirren

They're shipped in the same fashion, and handled by the same people, really.

A friend of mine got his 3DS online. He ended up getting his system about 4 days after launch.

Where as retailers will make sure they get their stock on time. Also, if there is a problem with the system, I can go through the store rather than the post office, something I'd much rather do.

So it's not quite the same unfortunately =\ Otherwise I'd be all for it.