Will you buy the Wii 2?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Lets give it a $350 dollar US price tag and three Nintendo launch games. Do they got your money? They certainly have mine

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

They get a blank check and my permission to write any number they see fit on it.

MrMenConduit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrMenConduit
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts

Lets give it a $350 dollar US price tag and three Nintendo launch games. Do they got your money? They certainly have mine

LaytonsCat
Yes i will buy it...
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
I've been planning to stick with this gen for a while now (with the possible exception of Playstation 4, if it has backwards-compatability, since I don't have a PS3 yet), and I don't plan to change that now. Even if it wasn't for my plan to stick with this gen, I just feel like it's too soon to release it. I know others would disagree, and I can see where they're coming from, but I think that there's more that they could do with the Wii first, especially with the Wii Motion Plus.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

considering its backwards compatible with the already large library of wii games yes i will , cause it wil have better games this time and graphics will be over that of ps3 360 this has already been confirmed

and ya itll be the only one on the market for 3 years!

Rafandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rafandrews
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

Well... I like Nintendo and all, but it's too soon to make a decision just know. I don't know enough about the console yet, but I'm not goint to lie to you; that price tag sounds nice for a next gen console with a tablet controller included :P

Sik_kid_pk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sik_kid_pk
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

LaytonsCat
I'm most likely getting it...
MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
I'm on board day one, finances permitting.
MrBlobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrBlobz
Member since 2011 • 299 Posts
I plan on waiting for the ps4
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

I probably won't based on my experience with the wii.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I probably won't based on my experience with the wii.

_Tobli_
Right because it's fair to judge there next console on there past ones. Anyway I'm hoping to pick it up on day one, especially if the rumors of it been more powerful than the PS3 and them focusing more on the Hardcore fans than they did with the Wii are true.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
not if its called the wii 2 i can't understand why people call it that
Sik_kid_pk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sik_kid_pk
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts
not if its called the wii 2 i can't understand why people call it thatelbert_b_23
because the wii was there last system?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Uhh, that's a tough question. I still have so much gaming pending on my Wii. Just too much.
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
Not on launch date but I see myself playing one in 2013.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
I will not be purchasing it. If by any chance they have exclusive titles i may be interested in then i might consider it down the road.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I will purchase it earlier than I did a Wii if it's actually a capable system, that's for sure. My Wii I bought a year and a half into the lifespan, and used - I bought it used on purpose so it wouldn't technically count as a sale, as I didn't really want to encourage Nintendo. As for having three Nintendo games, well, my purhase is completely dependent on WHAT those games are. Do I get an HD Zelda, Mario, and Mario Kart? Then sign me up. Is one or more of the games a Wii Sports type deal? Then no thanks, I'll wait until a price drop and/or more compelling games come out.
netsboy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 netsboy09
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
Ask me again after E3.
_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Right because it's fair to judge there next console on there past ones. spike6958

*compares the shortcomings of the gc with the wii*

Yep!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I am exacited for one now. I just hope nintendo really puts some effort in online and multiplayer.
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

Only if it gets a new side-scrolling Metroid game that stays true to its roots and isn't a horrible trainwreck like Other M. That game was an abortion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm buying it day one. I'm going to pre-order a console system for the first time. I have a feeling this one will sell out on pre-orders alone.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I buy every console every generation day 1. I thought the PS3 for $600 bucks on launch was a great deal, so $350 for Project Cafe sounds like a steal to me. I would gladly pay $600+ for it.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

If it's under $400 then I will buy it at midnight on launch day as I always do with Nintendo systems. If it's over $400 I will probably still buy it, but I would slightly hesitate.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I buy every console every generation day 1. I thought the PS3 for $600 bucks on launch was a great deal, so $350 for Project Cafe sounds like a steal to me. I would gladly pay $600+ for it.

arkephonic

lol a great deal at 600 bucks? One thing to say its worth it or your willing to pay the much but a great deal?..

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
yup as soon as I can
ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 ForzaAbruzzo
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

Can't say they have my confidence at this point. As a Wii owner, I was pretty disappointed. Not so much with the fact that it wasn't an HD console, or the fact that it didn't have DVD playback capabilities, but rather that its library of 3rd party games was pretty damn disappointing. Granted, this had more to do with the fact that 3rd party developers had trouble getting the most out of the motion-sensored controls, but even so, this wouldn't mark the first time that Nintendo hasn't had the best luck with 3rd party developers either. In any case, I got a PS3 as well, and i'd rather just stick with that for the next few years before committing a few hundred bucks to a new console. Lemme see how the "wii2" looks at launch in terms of 3rd part support, price, and launch titles first...

ForzaAbruzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ForzaAbruzzo
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts

arkephonic

Either you got a LOT of disposable income to burn, or you got some very generous parents. In any case, I'm in neither of those situations, so for me a console needs to be reasonably priced in order for me to wanna purchase it. Till this day I still think that 600$ was a ridiculously high launch price for the PS3...

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@Autopiloton

With the hardware inside of it, the console was worth over $800 bucks. Sony was losing lots of money per console sold, and was relying on software sales to make up for it.

Yes, it was a great deal.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

300-350 and it's mine. :D

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

Yes I will, granted it's not way overpriced. I might wait for a Metroid or Resident Evil game too, but I will be purchasing at some point, more than likely within the first six months

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Ask me again after E3. netsboy09

This. I got bamboozled into buying a Wii (on day one actually) and ended up selling it 2 years later and barely playing it, excluding Mario Kart.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
lol, i would be stupid to say yes. They have my attention. I am a potential buyer. That is a good position for them and I'll leave it at that.
t4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 t4l
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

depends on the specs needs to be 3 times more powerful than the xbox 360 and ps3

metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts

If it's under $400 then I will buy it at midnight on launch day as I always do with Nintendo systems. If it's over $400 I will probably still buy it, but I would slightly hesitate.

AlmightyDerek
This i reckon. Though im looking at 400 AU
pills4louis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pills4louis
Member since 2011 • 1331 Posts

[QUOTE="netsboy09"]Ask me again after E3. magnax1

This. I got bamboozled into buying a Wii (on day one actually) and ended up selling it 2 years later and barely playing it, excluding Mario Kart.

You sold it before some of its best games were even released? Sad. :(

mastahwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mastahwolf
Member since 2010 • 171 Posts
I will buy it but certainly not day 1
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

They get a blank check and my permission to write any number they see fit on it.

WreckEm711

this is me to a tee.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Yes will be getting it on release day in Australia :)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#41 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Probably. They have Zelda/Mario/Metroid. Which means I will get it regardless of anything else, lol. I might not get it day 1 though, depends what we see at E3.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Sure, Nintendo can take my money now! Though sadly that would be based off a loan atm since I dont even have $10 :P

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

I will not get it on release day but I sure will get it. :)

Guovssohas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Guovssohas
Member since 2010 • 330 Posts
Yes but not before a few months has passed, i've always waited some months before i buy consoles.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

They won't get my money unless it is more powerful than all of the current gen consoles. Nintendo has had more than enough time to figure out the inadequacies of their system. If they can come out with something that absolutely makes me say "WOW!" then I will buy it. Nintendo has been notorious for having poor release day titles as well, I want some quality stuff. I'm starting to get excited about this, but I really want them to succeed. Here are things than Nintendo absolutely must have.

1. A friend list system that works throughout all games (not just each individual game). Allows me to see what games my friends are playing and join them if I so choose.

2. A good online service with voice chat.

3. Blu-Ray (not a necessity, a bonus)

4. Good release titles

5. Something revolutionary that sets it apart from any system ever released.

6. The addition of classic titles with online play and voice chat added (how awesome would it be to play Mario Kart 64 online?! (this would be a bonus as well)

canadianloonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 canadianloonie
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts

definitely not day one.

the wii lineup in the past 2 years had me really jaded.

it would take a bunch of games that i'm really interested in before i go out and buy wii 2.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts
Oh, and another reason that I might wait to buy this is because the first batches of hardware are often buggy. Sure these can often be fixed with software, but I'd rather not deal with it. I'll wait for customer reviews and all the new bugs that weren't fixed in beta testing to be worked out before I run out and buy one.
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

They won't get my money unless it is more powerful than all of the current gen consoles. Nintendo has had more than enough time to figure out the inadequacies of their system. If they can come out with something that absolutely makes me say "WOW!" then I will buy it. Nintendo has been notorious for having poor release day titles as well, I want some quality stuff. I'm starting to get excited about this, but I really want them to succeed. Here are things than Nintendo absolutely must have.

1. A friend list system that works throughout all games (not just each individual game). Allows me to see what games my friends are playing and join them if I so choose.

2. A good online service with voice chat.

3. Blu-Ray (not a necessity, a bonus)

4. Good release titles

5. Something revolutionary that sets it apart from any system ever released.

6. The addition of classic titles with online play and voice chat added (how awesome would it be to play Mario Kart 64 online?! (this would be a bonus as well)

Jurassic85

Well it will obviously have a friend list system that works with every game as the 3DS has one, and it's supposedly significantly more powerful than the 360/PS3 so hopefully the graphics would be good. I can't see it using actual blurays though as Nintendo always uses a proprietary format. Even the Wii uses a DVD like format, but not an actual DVD, so maybe the new system will use a blu-ray like format. That way it won't have to pay licensing to the blu-ray consortium, which would probably give Sony money. I hope it does play Blu-rays though as I could sell one of my PS3s to help pay for it. Also I'm pretty sure most Nintendo consoles usually have at least 1 great launch game, with the exception being the 3DS.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I've been planning to stick with this gen for a while now (with the possible exception of Playstation 4, if it has backwards-compatability, since I don't have a PS3 yet), and I don't plan to change that now. Even if it wasn't for my plan to stick with this gen, I just feel like it's too soon to release it. I know others would disagree, and I can see where they're coming from, but I think that there's more that they could do with the Wii first, especially with the Wii Motion Plus.Hungry_Homer111
When is six years short? The wii has run its course. Nintendo was able to do all it could with the current tech (zelda included), now it is time for the next. I am definitely getting it. But I hope they do a few things to fix what has been going on. I would list them but I am pretty sure everyone knows what they are.
mamelon2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mamelon2012
Member since 2011 • 309 Posts

Im in. Nintendo is at least a breath of fresh air (for better or worse). sony and ms are just swordfighting with eachother. Ive got both systems (dumb move) bc they are the same damn thing essentially.

Im sure it will be a great system with a new direction, and powerful enough. if anything at least nintendo is innovative.