Will we get a Metroid 3DS announcement on E3 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for outworld222
#1 Posted by outworld222 (2862 posts) -

Or is it wishful thinking?

Avatar image for widdowson91
#2 Posted by widdowson91 (1248 posts) -

I'd love to see it happen, and I think the 3DS would be a more viable option for Nintendo than the Wii U. If Nintendo went back to the classic 2D style with A Link Between Worlds I hope to see a new 2D Metroid as awesome as Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. That'd make my day.

Avatar image for TJDMHEM
#3 Posted by TJDMHEM (1870 posts) -

I hope so.

Avatar image for pierst179
#4 Edited by pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I am strangely confident we will get a Metroid announcement.

I mean, Nintendo would not dare leaving us so long without a new Metroid game again... right?!

Avatar image for darkmark91
#5 Posted by darkmark91 (3031 posts) -

We might get one. It's been a long time since one came out. However, if they do say something about Metroid it will be a slight taste.

I do believe they are going to announce a new addition to the 3DS family ;)

Avatar image for ANIMEguy10034
#6 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4954 posts) -

I'm fairly confident we'll see something Metroid related in E3, but I'm conflicted on whether or not it should be on the 3DS. The 3DS may guarantee more sales, but the Wii U is in desperate need of games.

Avatar image for outworld222
#7 Edited by outworld222 (2862 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:

I am strangely confident we will get a Metroid announcement.

I mean, Nintendo would not dare leaving us so long without a new Metroid game again... right?!

I hate cliffhangers!!!

you could be right though.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#8 Edited by turtlethetaffer (18640 posts) -

Sweet semen of baby genius I hope we do. I would LOVE to see a new Metroid game on the 3DS. It would make the system that much more awesome than it already is.

Avatar image for Demonjoe93
#9 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9869 posts) -

I doubt a 3DS we'll see a 3DS Metroid at this E3. If there is a new Metroid, Nintendo is making it for Wii-U, and will be focusing E3 on the Wii-U.

Avatar image for pierst179
#10 Posted by pierst179 (10803 posts) -
@outworld222 said:

@Pierst179 said:

I am strangely confident we will get a Metroid announcement.

I mean, Nintendo would not dare leaving us so long without a new Metroid game again... right?!

I hate cliffhangers!!!

you could be right though.

Yeah, they need to pick from where Corruption left off. Or do something to follow Fusion.

I am hoping for a gorgeous sidecrolling Metroid on the 3DS.

Avatar image for roboccs
#11 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -

A Metroid fusion or zero mission-like game would be AMAZING!! Do it now Nintendo...

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
#12 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1651 posts) -

If its Metroid Prime Hunters 2 then I am fine. A sidescroller I would pass on. I don't like the old Metroid style.

Avatar image for Ovirew
#13 Posted by Ovirew (8132 posts) -

With everything going on these days at Nintendo apparently, I'm not sure what to expect.

I do hope for a concrete release date for Smash Bros., along with a revised title and information about the 3DS/Wii connectivity. With any luck it will be out in time for the Holidays. I would be impressed if Nintendo could get it out much sooner.

I would like more new IPs, but more focus on existing IPs would also be nice. I also feel kinda like there will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake, since that just seems like a natural thing to expect.

It just seems best not to get my hopes too far up. You have to be really realistic about things when dealing with Nintendo announcements anymore.

Avatar image for ttualumni13
#14 Edited by TTUalumni13 (839 posts) -

The 3ds would be a good fit for metroid I think. Plus it gives them a big user base to sell to, a Wii U game would likely do much worse commercially.

Avatar image for roboccs
#15 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -

@ttualumni13: Oh yeah sure... Like making money is all a business cares about... :P

Avatar image for Raptor_Herc
#16 Posted by Raptor_Herc (330 posts) -

@ttualumni13: But wouldn't putting it on the Wii U sell more consoles and also help dampen fears that Nintendo is killing it off.

Avatar image for ttualumni13
#17 Posted by TTUalumni13 (839 posts) -

@roboccs: It's nintendo's job to lose money to appease my game wants! For example, I want an upgraded rerelease of Xenoblade tailored to each new hardware unit they release :)

Avatar image for ttualumni13
#18 Edited by TTUalumni13 (839 posts) -

@Raptor_Herc: it depends on how much weight Nintendo thinks it has as a system seller. In the past metroid really hasn't been a system seller like Mario or Zelda despite being great games. They sold pretty well, but the type of gamer to get metroid usually already has the console

Avatar image for roboccs
#19 Posted by roboccs (7847 posts) -

@ttualumni13: How cool would it be if they threw Xenoblade on the disc with X with some graphics upgrades and Miiverse integration?

Avatar image for ttualumni13
#20 Posted by TTUalumni13 (839 posts) -

@roboccs: I would buy it at midnight and play it to 100% before I ever touched X :O

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#21 Posted by KBFloYd (19162 posts) -

3ds or wiiu...dont care...just make it :)

Avatar image for nini200
#22 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

I'd love a new metroid for either 3DS or WiiU although I'd want it to be WiiU Exclusive so the 3DS wont hold it back like it's doing Smash Bros. Make it like the Prime series and have an online multiplayer similar to Hunters which was pretty good but balance the characters (In other words, nerf Trace).

WiiMote+ and Nunchuck will be a MUST if it's a FPS. Gamepad controls as well for those that prefer dual analogs and holding the gamepad up for scanning ala ZombiU. Also add Voice chat like Hunters had but allow it during online matches as well not just at the results screen.

Local Multiplayer could be added as well but only for vs, team and online modes, no local coop multiplayer campaign. Keep that single player.

Avatar image for pierst179
#23 Posted by pierst179 (10803 posts) -
@nini200 said:

I'd love a new metroid for either 3DS or WiiU although I'd want it to be WiiU Exclusive so the 3DS wont hold it back like it's doing Smash Bros. Make it like the Prime series and have an online multiplayer similar to Hunters which was pretty good but balance the characters (In other words, nerf Trace).

WiiMote+ and Nunchuck will be a MUST if it's a FPS. Gamepad controls as well for those that prefer dual analogs and holding the gamepad up for scanning ala ZombiU. Also add Voice chat like Hunters had but allow it during online matches as well not just at the results screen.

Local Multiplayer could be added as well but only for vs, team and online modes, no local coop multiplayer campaign. Keep that single player.

Well, I vote for having the best of both worlds and making a sidescrolling Metroid for the 3DS and a Prime-like game for the Wii U.

Avatar image for nini200
#24 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
@Pierst179 said:
@nini200 said:

I'd love a new metroid for either 3DS or WiiU although I'd want it to be WiiU Exclusive so the 3DS wont hold it back like it's doing Smash Bros. Make it like the Prime series and have an online multiplayer similar to Hunters which was pretty good but balance the characters (In other words, nerf Trace).

WiiMote+ and Nunchuck will be a MUST if it's a FPS. Gamepad controls as well for those that prefer dual analogs and holding the gamepad up for scanning ala ZombiU. Also add Voice chat like Hunters had but allow it during online matches as well not just at the results screen.

Local Multiplayer could be added as well but only for vs, team and online modes, no local coop multiplayer campaign. Keep that single player.

Well, I vote for having the best of both worlds and making a sidescrolling Metroid for the 3DS and a Prime-like game for the Wii U.

I am not opposed to your methodology my good fellow. That is exactly what I want actually

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#25 Posted by MirkoS77 (12786 posts) -

If there's one lesson I'm learning from Nintendo over the years, it's that they seem to do exactly the opposite of what people really wish for.

So while I hope for one, I wouldn't really expect one.

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
#26 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3159 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:

I am strangely confident we will get a Metroid announcement.

I mean, Nintendo would not dare leaving us so long without a new Metroid game again... right?!

You must not know Nintendo very well. :)

That said, I'd much rather see it on Wii U in first person form.

Avatar image for wiifan001
#27 Posted by wiifan001 (18654 posts) -

There's been one Metroid game in 6 years. I'm ready for a new one- NO! A trilogy!

Avatar image for hotdiddykong
#29 Posted by hotdiddykong (2098 posts) -

Personally, i would like an update to Other M's gameplay style. It doesnt have to follow Other M's story but the gameplay had potential that could really benefit if they gave it a second go.

Avatar image for hotdiddykong
#30 Posted by hotdiddykong (2098 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

There's been one Metroid game in 6 years. I'm ready for a new one- NO! A trilogy!

Technically speaking, we havent had a Metroid game since 2010, thats 4 years ago, 5-7 if you want to ignore Other M and maybe Trilogy

Avatar image for da_chub
#32 Edited by da_chub (3140 posts) -

hate on me all you want, but I hope Nintendo has a sequel for Other M in the works. As much as I want a FPS online metoird with a great sinple player and online co-op and deathmatch, but I would love to see Nintendo try the 2.5D again. Other M is almost a great game. Bad voice acting and a but shallow on the exploration ruined it from being a great Metroid game. But it def doesn't deserve the hate it receives.