Left4Jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Left4Jess
Member since 2017 • 41 Posts

So I just played Rune Factory 4, and it is awesome. I was hoping there would be a 5th one, but it looks like the company went bankrupt? I heard that they were bought out, and there is a possibility for a 5th one. I hope so, I LOVED the 4th one.

kiboukuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kiboukuran
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

RF4 came out in 2012 in Japan. There have been teasers for an RF5 but nothing concrete. With the recent switch coming out RF fans are going wild since harvest moon games will be on switch so it is a possibility RF5 will too. Unfortunately there have been no news recently by actual creator. So these are just speculations. Also the rune factory series hadn't been selling until RF4 came out to be the best selling in the series. I loved all the ds rune factories except the first one personally which kind of seemed dead but RF2 was my favorite. It had two parts to it so you could play for awhile. Hopefully more news will come out but we just need to be patient

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@left4jess: They do Story of Seasons now.

kiboukuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kiboukuran

@iandizion713: yeah after neverland closed down the team split so harvest moon is now story of seasons while the newest harvest moon games have no affiliation to the 'harvest moon' series. They did a 10 year anniversary with rune factory costumes and such but it's only been released in japan so far. I wouldn't reccomend the other harvest moon series. The first two games have the same exact setting just different bachelors and bachelorettes. Story of seasons is the go to game if you want farming. But rune factory series is the best. I loved stardew valley it just got boring after awhile while rf4 can keep your attention for years really

Left4Jess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Left4Jess
Member since 2017 • 41 Posts

@kiboukuran: Its a shame. RF4 was amazing, and I cannot stop playing it!!! I have to say I am disappointed with the recent Harvest Moon games. I am not a fan of that Minecraft-ish style of play, unless I am playing Minecraft. I really miss the older Harvest Moon games.

Well I will keep watching the updates, and hopefully RF5 will be in the making.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I hope so, I'd like to see Rune Factory on Switch.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Yeah, would be nice to have it on Switch. Did someone buy the rights, or who owns the rights?

Yuukiw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yuukiw
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

@kiboukuran said:

@iandizion713: yeah after neverland closed down the team split so harvest moon is now story of seasons while the newest harvest moon games have no affiliation to the 'harvest moon' series. They did a 10 year anniversary with rune factory costumes and such but it's only been released in japan so far. I wouldn't reccomend the other harvest moon series. The first two games have the same exact setting just different bachelors and bachelorettes. Story of seasons is the go to game if you want farming. But rune factory series is the best. I loved stardew valley it just got boring after awhile while rf4 can keep your attention for years really

thats just wrong.

Harvest moon never had to do anything with Neverland. Harvest moon always was Marvelous.

Rune Factory was a spin of to the series that neverland was allowed to make but the rights to both harvest moon and Rune Factory where with Marvelous. (Neverland was owned by Marvelous)

Harvest moon now being called Story of seasson also has nothing to do with Neverland going down. The reason for the name change lays with natsume, who after losing the licensing rights to xseed didnt want to give up the name (and now make their own games under the brand). So xseed decided to use a more literal Translation of the Japanese name.

kiboukuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kiboukuran

@yuukiw: actually rune factory and harvest moon have a lot to do with each other since both are made from the original creator and i was pointing out that harvest moon is not story of seasons while previous harvest moon games are part of story of seasons

JapanJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JapanJelly
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Rune Factory would look so magical & exciting on the Nintendo switch. It's been a dream to enjoy more Rune Factory games on the big tv screen,not just the 3ds. I loved the series <3

Sintyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sintyr
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

@left4jess: I have been playing Rune Factory 4 for over two year's now (still working on the quest to get Venti back, but it's a pain) and I heard about the bankruptcy early into my playing it. I do not own 3, 2, or 1; but until something concrete about a 5th comes out I've been getting the one's that are on the PS3 or Wii. Anything to tide me over. But I do wish they allowed you to go for more mature characters. Such as the one on the Wii that has an awesome eleven woman black smith. And two females named Iris that you're not allowed to go for. And in the one I have on the PS3, you have a better selection of females to go after than males. So, it seems almost obvious to take the males body. The game play in Tides of Destiny still confuse me

GTShadowWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GTShadowWolf
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I remember playing the first rune Factory as a five to six year old, it was my favorite game to play, I completely forgot about it till last night when I got a bit of dasavo who’ll playing harvest moon, and spent two and a half hours trying to figure out what it was called, and tomorrow I am going to get rune Factory 4 and go down memory lane, of one of my favorite childhood games

Patrickq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 Patrickq
Member since 2016 • 19 Posts

I thought Rune Factory 3 was superb, but just recently I started playing 4 and I'm blown away. I'm so hoping that we'll see the fifth game in the series, but I'm not sure about it being for the Switch. The mostly 2D handheld graphics fit really great for the series and It's hard to imagine them doing something nearly as big in size of Rune Factory 4 in full 3D on the Switch.

Bob28713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bob28713
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

OH MY GOD! Nintendo direct 2-13-2019 has confirmed... THERE WILL BE RUNE FACTORY 5.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@bob28713 said:

OH MY GOD! Nintendo direct 2-13-2019 has confirmed... THERE WILL BE RUNE FACTORY 5.

lol nice necro

Bob28713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bob28713
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

@KBFloYdsaid:

lol nice necro

Hey now, I made an account just to say that lol. I don't care if its necro and there is a penalty or something. It has been 7 damn years.