Will The Wii Get Another Zelda

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteSoxBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteSoxBud
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

Please answer the poll. I say yes. Probably taking the story of the original Legend of Zelda or any other earlier Zelda and putting it into a 3D game

PS
Check out my awsome new icon:D

Betaslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Betaslayer
Member since 2005 • 665 Posts

Depending on the life span of the wii I'd say the wii will most likely get another zelda game.

enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts
Please do some research before posting, because theres been a ton of topics about this and recent news thats basically confirmed a new Zelda in development.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Yes. Eiji and the team is back together and working on "something." considering that team has done nothing but Zelda since N64 that almost means a new Zelda is in the works.

Also, Both N64 and GC got two Zelda games. Wii should manage to get atleast ONE original Zelda

I3loo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 I3loo
Member since 2008 • 184 Posts
yea, im pretty sure it will get another zelda. probably in the middle or late 2009(or atleast i hope:P)
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

I hope so Twilight Princess was epic, but it was too nostalgic. It makes me very:cry:

Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
I think there's like 99.9% this will happen, and the 0.1% being the destruction of the world.
ImSwordMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ImSwordMan
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
Well technically the Wii hasnt gotten a Zelda made for the wii, merley a port due to epic delays by Nintendo. But yea most likley we will see a new not ported Zedla title :D
slimdog363

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slimdog363
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
It will probably be another 4-5 years before the next nintendo console, so i predict in another 2-3 years there will be the next zelda.
sumo1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sumo1973
Member since 2005 • 1195 Posts

Nintendo will talk about the next Zelda soon, go on about it for years and release it when the Wii is coming to the end of it's time. Oh wait they did that already with the Gamecube.....

Seriously, I think many people felt that with Zelda TP it didn't push the Wii to its limits. It was after all a launch title so I'm sure that Nintendo has another Zelda game in the pipeline but it won't come out for at least a year or two from now.

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
It's confirmed, damn it...
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
Yes, and there's a good chance it'll be made available on their next system as well. (it follows the trend... OoT and MM were also ported to the GCN)
enduin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 enduin
Member since 2003 • 1364 Posts

Yes, and there's a good chance it'll be made available on their next system as well. (it follows the trend... OoT and MM were also ported to the GCN)ThePlothole

Thats not really likely at all. OoT and MM were never sold retail on the GC nor were they ported but were a bonus for the WW collectors edition and another promotional GC compilation shortly bundled with the GCN. The games were mere roms like on the Wii's VC, they werent reprogramed for the GC in any way. As for TP, it was put on the Wii because of the extremely close proximity of its release and the launch of the Wii.

Given what we know right now about Zelda Wii, it will likely be releasing holidays 09, 2010 at the latest. Given the current trend of Wii sales and just general workings of Nintendo they arent likely to break the 5 year console cycle so their next console isnt going to be hitting the shelves till winter 2011, possibly 2012 if sales continue to be stay really strong. At best Zelda Wii will be recieve the OoT/MM treatment and get a promotional release on their next console, but an actual retail release is far from reasonable.

Dynamix270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dynamix270
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts
I read a rumor that Retro Studios might be involved with this game!