Will Nintendo Apologize To Wii U Owners At Their E3 Presentation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jaysonguy

Poll Will Nintendo Apologize To Wii U Owners At Their E3 Presentation? (23 votes)

Yes (again 26%
No (they've done it so many times now.....) 65%
4%

So what's it going to be?

For investing in Nintendo's console we've had "I'm sorry" tossed at us like it's going out of style.

So here we are, almost 2 years since the console released and no help in sight. Mario Kart 8 is selling so well because it comes with a free game but you can't expect every game from this point to come with an extra game.

So what's Nintendo to do?

• 
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

If Iwata has ANYTHING to do with it, it will be an apology event.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Iwata isnt even at E3 in LA...

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

They don't have to apologize for anything.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Tonindo said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one

Now post something serious

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Is neither an option?

As long as we get Zelda U, Metroid, X, Starfox, ETC, they is no need to apologize.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@Tonindo said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one

Remember -- there's a small but important difference between "They don't have to apologize for anything," and "They don't have anything to apologize for."

And I don't want an apology. All Nintendo does is talk. They need to apologize in the form of unveiling a killer lineup that makes me an even happier Wii U owner.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I don't know, but it's looking like their conference is likely to be the last hope for a good e3 at this point.

They have to bring the games hard... anything less than 5 new games i'm interested in and i'll be disappointed.

I will be, won't I? :[

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

You seem bitter.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

I'll take an apology in the form of ZeldaU. :3

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I'll forgive them if the slide a couple of their hot booth babes my way!...>=3

But then they better give in great detail their plans for the future.They can announce what would most likely be small handful of interesting games, my main concern at this point is their actual goals for the future. Where is Nintendo heading. Are they finally ready to compete or are they going to continue to slowly fade away?....

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I think he might be depressed I've never seen anyone spew negativity this much

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
@Celsius765 said:

So you think how Nintendo has handled the Wii U is a positive?

Well that's a very interesting viewpoint, please elaborate

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Tonindo said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one

Remember -- there's a small but important difference between "They don't have to apologize for anything," and "They don't have anything to apologize for."

And I don't want an apology. All Nintendo does is talk. They need to apologize in the form of unveiling a killer lineup that makes me an even happier Wii U owner.

So you basically DO want an apology only you want one in the form of unveiling a killer lineup that makes you even happier as a WiiU owner.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@Celsius765 said:

So you think how Nintendo has handled the Wii U is a positive?

Well that's a very interesting viewpoint, please elaborate

But you are Jasonguy not Nintendo, you trying to confuse talking about your negative opinions with my view point of nintendo? Just saying I'm all for having some criticisms toward Nintendo but there's no need to be 100% cynical toward them try giving the pros and cons when giving your opinion on something.

That being said no I think they're being lazy, too secretive, and have a piss poor relationship with consumers and developers that needs to be addressed. I've done a little digging and found out in the life span of the SNES it received 700+ games and yet wii's vc only received 70+ games in the six years of it's life cycle. Nintendo has also been resistive to online play despite how obviously popular it is and how intergrated the internet is in people's lives. I feel like the wii u has the potential to be bigger than Nintendo themselves think it could be but that potential is being squandered and hindered. But I will not throw the console and nintendo under the bus just yet.

Lately it feels like Nintendo is opening up and informing its customers more than usual (not that gamespot will report even a whole third of it). With all the indie support it's getting (support wii didn't even get a bit of) I'd say the console is looking better all the time, though it needs to grow in the physical retail space. And Nintendo needs to stop letting the devs who do make games for wii u stop treating wii u owners like second class citizens . I guess you can say I'm cautiously optimistic about Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Nintendo has been putting out killer game after killer game. What else do you want from them. 3rd party support has more to do with the inner workings of dlc and advertising than it does anything else. Just about every game Nintendo puts out is top quality. Whether or not you like the game does not matter. Find me a game development studio that has put out more quality games than Nintendo has since the launch of the 3DS. You can't. And it is actually quite incredible how much stuff they get out there.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I think nintendo has gone above and beyond , trying to make WIi U customers happy.

- Backwards Compatability with games and old equipment

- Club Nintendo / Free Games

- DIgital Deluxe Promotion ...again free games!

- Mario Kart 8....another free game!

Please let me know what the other consoles do above and beyond releasing games, for their customers.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Maybe if they push back the release of a game.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

No, & I don't want to hear anymore apologies...what's the point of an apology when they (Iwata) keep repeating the same mistakes & doesn't seem like they've learned anything from the last apology. :P

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

They better bring Fatal Frame Wii-U to the USA. That's all Im saying

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

One could interpret a ton of game announcements and release dates as an apology. It'll either be that, or nothing.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

They should apologize for releasing Smash Bros. for WiiU so late in the year. The 3DS version isn't going to cut it for many people. I feel like it will be a small-scale demo of sorts.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

The more Nintendo talks, the less they'll do. That's why they talk. People of action speak through it. People of no action use words and empty promises.

I don't think they'll apologize.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

I think nintendo has gone above and beyond , trying to make WIi U customers happy.

Please let me know what the other consoles do above and beyond releasing games, for their customers.

I can appreciate your loyalty towards Nintendo. I, myself, am a mark for the company/system(s) as well but I am fair and it is becoming a damned joke already. Are there games available between now and when S.B. releases? Sure. There are more compelling games available for the competition though. I don't give a damn if we are speaking of first or third party. I want compelling games and between now and Xmas of 2014 I'm not seeing them on the Wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@Solaryellow said:

@The-Butcher248 said:

I can appreciate your loyalty towards Nintendo. I, myself, am a mark for the company/system(s) as well but I am fair and it is becoming a damned joke already. Are there games available between now and when S.B. releases? Sure. There are more compelling games available for the competition though. I don't give a damn if we are speaking of first or third party. I want compelling games and between now and Xmas of 2014 I'm not seeing them on the Wii U.

so you want to play remastered versions of last gen games instead of nintendos games?

thats fine...preferances are preferances.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Solaryellow

@KBFloYd said:

so you want to play remastered versions of last gen games instead of nintendos games?

I want a library that is purposefully and thoughtfully put out along with diversity rather than a sporadic library like we see with the Wii U. The competition is starting to strengthen their respective libraries yet Nintendo is complacent taking its dear old time. Do you think it makes sense for a system, in the current state of the Wii U, to focus on '15 rather than '14? If I was on the fence and wasn't an owner, I'd hold off for two Xmas seasons when the price is sure to be substantially lower.

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 QingJao86
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

@Solaryellow:

@Solaryellow said:

@KBFloYd said:

I want a library that is purposefully and thoughtfully put out along with diversity rather than a sporadic library like we see with the Wii U. The competition is starting to strengthen their respective libraries yet Nintendo is complacent taking its dear old time. Do you think it makes sense for a system, in the current state of the Wii U, to focus on '15 rather than '14? If I was on the fence and wasn't an owner, I'd hold off for two Xmas seasons when the price is sure to be substantially lower.

What game in the PS4 or XB1 library now, or in the next year, makes you say OMG that is a system seller. The PS4 has nothing, now or next year, and the XB1 has the Master Chief collection I suppose, but little else. I suppose if they were starting from the same place that would be fine, but the PS4 and XB1 both have 2 exclusive games that have gotten over a 75 on Metacritic, the Wii U has 13, and I really don't see that ratio changing that much soon. All 3 systems are probably going to get 2 or 3 the rest of the year, then it looks like Wii U is going to have about 10 next year at least, the PS4 and XB1 might have a few a piece. So this begs the question, what more do you want out of Nintendo? There is only so much they can do to get the third party developers, and they are making one killer exclusive after another... and just had about 8 more announced (not sure about a few of them). Did Nintendo just sleep with your gf or do you actually have a reason to hate them so much?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@QingJao86: This.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solaryellow

@QingJao86 said:

@Solaryellow:

What game in the PS4 or XB1 library now, or in the next year, makes you say OMG that is a system seller. The PS4 has nothing, now or next year, and the XB1 has the Master Chief collection I suppose, but little else. I suppose if they were starting from the same place that would be fine, but the PS4 and XB1 both have 2 exclusive games that have gotten over a 75 on Metacritic, the Wii U has 13, and I really don't see that ratio changing that much soon. All 3 systems are probably going to get 2 or 3 the rest of the year, then it looks like Wii U is going to have about 10 next year at least, the PS4 and XB1 might have a few a piece. So this begs the question, what more do you want out of Nintendo? There is only so much they can do to get the third party developers, and they are making one killer exclusive after another... and just had about 8 more announced (not sure about a few of them). Did Nintendo just sleep with your gf or do you actually have a reason to hate them so much?

As it stands today (6/11/14) both he PS4 and Xbox One are adding substantial titles to their libraries regularly. People are choosing these systems over the Wii U by leaps and bounds. Of course there is the anomaly. The Wii U is not doing the same with its library. A six month gap between quality games is unacceptable. The fact third party developers lack faith in the system is quite telling and should be alarming to anyone calling themselves a gamer let alone the shot callers at Nintendo. You might get hard-up over Metacritic but apparently those "opinions" aren't pushing the Wii U. For as good of a system as it is, the competition is better. You might not share that same appraisal of the situation but it seems the majority of people purchasing consoles today do feel that way. Nintendo needs games now. The system does not have the luxury of lollygagging when to comes to releases. 2015 is a very long time away. There is still a half a year to go in 2014. To answer your original question, I can't think of one single game that would make me buy either system. Rather, I can think of many reasons (numerous games) why I would and have purchased one as I did months ago. Being fair, I can also think of a few reasons why the Wii U is a good purchase which is why I have one but the sad fact of the matter is the Wii U is relegated to being a secondary console yet again.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#29 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Solaryellow: @QingJao86: @KBFloYd:

Ladies, come on now, you're all pretty. This is devolving quickly into SW material.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solaryellow

People must love wearing rose colored glasses rather than accepting the reality of the situation. Nintendo had a chance of getting back in the game right here and right now but we saw the supposed future. With the Wii U it has always been "the games are coming." That worked in the beginning but that excuse is growing rather tiresome. Going back to the original comments I quoted, anyone with a brain knows why Nintendo offered a free downloadable game with the purchase of Mario Kart 8. It wasn't because Nintendo likes us.

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By QingJao86
@Solaryellow said:

@QingJao86 said:

@Solaryellow:

As it stands today (6/11/14) both he PS4 and Xbox One are adding substantial titles to their libraries regularly. People are choosing these systems over the Wii U by leaps and bounds. Of course there is the anomaly. The Wii U is not doing the same with its library. A six month gap between quality games is unacceptable. The fact third party developers lack faith in the system is quite telling and should be alarming to anyone calling themselves a gamer let alone the shot callers at Nintendo. You might get hard-up over Metacritic but apparently those "opinions" aren't pushing the Wii U. For as good of a system as it is, the competition is better. You might not share that same appraisal of the situation but it seems the majority of people purchasing consoles today do feel that way. Nintendo needs games now. The system does not have the luxury of lollygagging when to comes to releases. 2015 is a very long time away. There is still a half a year to go in 2014. To answer your original question, I can't think of one single game that would make me buy either system. Rather, I can think of many reasons (numerous games) why I would and have purchased one as I did months ago. Being fair, I can also think of a few reasons why the Wii U is a good purchase which is why I have one but the sad fact of the matter is the Wii U is relegated to being a secondary console yet again.

Sounds fair, name me all of those games that I can't play on either a gaming PC (which I have, bought for $500 7 years ago, paid $200 to upgrade it this year, still plays all the latest games quite nicely), 360, or PS3. I don't see any games out there. Ryse sucked (and yes I have played it at a clients house, it was really bad and that is why it got bad reviews), Dead Rising 3 was okay but largely uninspired but hey it at least got mixed reviews (same difference), Forza 5 was good... but Horizon (a last gen game) was far better which is why their next game is a sequel to that... that is coming out on the 360. What games that are out now am I missing? PS4 on the other hand basically has nothing that would make me want to the the system now or in the next year. The only thing these systems have is multiplatform games with better graphics, but I can play multiplatform games on my PC, 360, and PS3, and I am not that much of a graphical whore. 2 years from now those systems might be good purchases, but until then I will just keep playing those games on last gen systems, because the GAMEPLAY (the single most important part of a game) is exactly the same. But that might just be me.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Solaryellow

Your opinion is certainly valid but not one shared by the majority. People are going to Nintendo's competition en masse. Attribute it to the complacency and blunders coming out of Kyoto and Redmond. It's 2014 and not 2001 yet Nintendo is acting as such. The eShop hyped up the E3 presentation yet it came over as well as a fart in a crowded elevator.

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QingJao86
@Solaryellow said:

Your opinion is certainly valid but not one shared by the majority. People are going to Nintendo's competition en masse. Attribute it to the complacency and blunders coming out of Kyoto and Redmond. It's 2014 and not 2001 yet Nintendo is acting as such. The eShop hyped up the E3 presentation yet it came over as well as a fart in a crowded elevator.

Sorry but Wii U still has sold more copies than the XB1 and is starting to sell faster than it again (no doubt in part because of Mario Kart 8, but not entirely because of it). The price drop will help XB1 sales, but with so few games on the horizon I doubt it will do that much, price drops alone can't sell systems. Also most people that are at all open to Nintendo loved the E3 presentation, I can't find one person from any major gaming media outlet that doesn't think that Nintendo at least did decently, and most people seem to think they did really well, far better than Sony for example.

If you would have asked me in 2007 or even 2008, if the PS3 was dead in the water, of course like anyone I would have said yes. They had few even decent games. They were losing a lot of the games they had come to rely on (Final Fantasy and GTA for example). The 360 was outselling it big time, as was the Wii. It was too expense, largely because of it's use of a relatively unknown disk type. It was dead. While it might still have finished third, it came on so strong towards the end that it propelled its sequel to becoming the fastest selling console of all time, without even having any games. I am not saying the Wii U will do the same thing, I am just saying tales of its demise have been grossly exaggerated.

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By QingJao86

P.S. Assuming that XB1 starts selling 30,000 more units a week than Wii U (which it might do for a while... then Smash Bros will come out and sell a ton of units just like MK8 just did) it would still take over a year for the XB1 to overtake the Wii U. Without a system seller coming out soon I don't see much of a change on the horizon, and there is no system seller for the XB1 anytime soon until the Master Chief Collection comes out.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

all i need is mario kart and smash bros.....nintendo can cancel the wiiu after that for all i care....

i dont even care if they cancel zelda....put it on the next console if you want.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Solaryellow

@QingJao86 said:

Sorry but Wii U still has sold more copies than the XB1 and is starting to sell faster than it again (no doubt in part because of Mario Kart 8, but not entirely because of it). The price drop will help XB1 sales, but with so few games on the horizon I doubt it will do that much, price drops alone can't sell systems. Also most people that are at all open to Nintendo loved the E3 presentation, I can't find one person from any major gaming media outlet that doesn't think that Nintendo at least did decently, and most people seem to think they did really well, far better than Sony for example.

If you would have asked me in 2007 or even 2008, if the PS3 was dead in the water, of course like anyone I would have said yes. They had few even decent games. They were losing a lot of the games they had come to rely on (Final Fantasy and GTA for example). The 360 was outselling it big time, as was the Wii. It was too expense, largely because of it's use of a relatively unknown disk type. It was dead. While it might still have finished third, it came on so strong towards the end that it propelled its sequel to becoming the fastest selling console of all time, without even having any games. I am not saying the Wii U will do the same thing, I am just saying tales of its demise have been grossly exaggerated.

Stop being brand loyal and look at the reality of the situation objectively. Nineteen months vs 7 months on the market? You and I both know the Wii U got the majority of its sales during its release and those sales grew extremely stagnant as time went on. The sales figures are extremely unimpressive for having two holiday seasons on the market. Big titles and big names didn't do much to reverse the course. Windwaker HD didn't do it. SM3DW didn't do it. Pikmin 3 didn't do it. Mario Kart 8 put up big sales numbers, in terms of software sold, during its release but in my opinion it didn't do very much to improve sales when you take into effect the install base along with the 1.2 million discs sold. You will not see hundreds of thousands of Wii U's being sold week after week from now until S.B. releases. Nintendo is doing everything it can to sell this system (outside of advertising and having a continuous release library) and we see how it pans out. The price has been dropped and it is 25% lower than its competition. The system is still treated as if it is the GCN rather than a 2012 console and it already had some of its big name titles released without much significance occurring as a result. They have drawn a few of their aces, offered some compelling bundles and what is there to show? Wait until 2015, right? Go the Skylanders route? Looking on the sales figures, it's getting its butt handed to it wtw (with the exception of 2 or so) and YTD isn't pretty.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@KBFloYd: I want a zelda game. D;

QingJao86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QingJao86

YTD the Wii U has only sold 500,000 fewer consoles than the XB1, you can complain about time all you want, but the Wii U sold 3.2 million last year (it's first full year) and it seems unlikely that the XB1 will do that much more than that this year. Though I suppose you could argue that at the XB1s current pace it will sell 7.4 or so million by next year, and will have a better year and a half than the WiiU has had, but not by that much (around a million or so). I am not saying they are doing great, but you started this by saying they have to apologize they are doing so horribly, and that simply isn't true and very few people who own a Wii U would say it is. IMO it is the perfect second system for anyone who owns a PC, PS4, or XB1, as it has EXCLUSIVES you want to play and I think that is the market they will eventually get.

mariomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mariomguy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

People who like Nintendo's games buy Nintendo's consoles. The only thing they can really do wrong here is not make any more games, but that's not going to happen. The Wii U got off to a sluggish start, but right now there's more than enough reasons for anyone to pick it up, with plenty more reasons coming along the way.

smitherton4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smitherton4
Member since 2014 • 67 Posts

Well they did not apologize in fact they seemed to purposefully troll the consumer, strange strategy I must say.