WiiWare games better then Wii Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts

Is it me or does it seem like Lately at least the WiiWare games are better then the actual Wii games?

I see this as the case for a few reasons:

First off the price of WiiWare games are usually between 5 and 15 bucks. 

Secondly the games seem to focus on Art  STYYLE rather then Flashy Graphics. Take for Example world of Goo or Lost Winds

Third is Game play. It seems that for a WiiWare game to do well it needs to have some simple yet addictive gameplay. For me at least the best WII games are those that only use 1 or two motion sensor gimmicks. The ones that use like 10 seem to be thrown together.

Fourth Imagination; Again Lost Winds/World of goo and possibly "Boingz" all seem to be imagintive creative games.

Anyways any thoughts?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Price isn't an issue. The idea that these "bargain" games are a better buy is just rubbish. 

LostWinds clocks in at 2 hours 40 mins. That is not a bargain. It's a part of a real game. You're paying for a 2 level demo.

WiiWare has some great titles just like Wii disk software has great games.

The price tag shouldn't matter to anyone with a console.

me89me89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 me89me89
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts
I'd have to agree that the trend now is that wiiware games are of a much better quality than actual disc based games.world of goo is absolutely amazing and im excited to see what boingz is going to be like.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
I would say that you could get a lot of amazing games on Wiiware for the same price as one retail game, however I get a lot more play time out of retail games.