Wii's memory edge over xbox 360 and the fall of xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iceswift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 iceswift
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts

Ok we all know the wii, 360 and ps3 use optical discs to run their games. The wii and 360 use a dvd version of an optical disc (more or less) which hold 4-8GB roughly depending if singal or dual layered. the ps3, well it can hold 30-50Gb per blu ray disc its games are saved on.

Lets think about this for a second, the 360 and the wii both hold roughly the same amount of data per disc, and 360 games take up WAY more space for high resolution textures and higher quality what not. The PS3's graphics abilities are arguably the same as the 360s with the amount of space is required for it's high resolution textures and what not.

After considering this, this means the wii can hold a lot more game info than the 360. Games can be longer on the wii and PS3 because 1) the wii takes up way less space for its games, menaing they can be much longer games as far as new content compared to the maxim length game on a 360 if the 360 game has high resolution textures. The PS3's theoretical longest game can be much longer than the 360 even with high res textures.

Basically, because microsoft didnt have HD DVD formatted games out of the box they screwed themselves over because they cant release a new 360 with this feature and new games won HD dvd format cause ppl with older 360s wont be able to play them.

In theory wii games will exceed game content and ps3 games wil exceed game content compared to the 360.

Im looking forward to seeing the fall of the 360 in the years to come and im glad us wii owners who have been ridculed and ps3 owners who gotten the worst end of the stick will have the last laugh.

John-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 John-08
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
yeah all nintendo needs to do now is take advantage. But basically all u said was games can be longer but that dosent mean they are better games and the quality will have to be reduced
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

System Wars...I'll respond anyway.....

Sorry, but the 360 isn't going anywhere. Just because the PS3's Blu Ray discs can hold more doesn't mean they'll have better games, it's been over a year and the PS3's library of quality games isn't even close to the 360's.

Look at games like Mass Effect, that's an enormous game, yet it fits fine on the 360 disc. Oblivion, another huge game. Both games have plenty of content, especially voice acting, yet there's enough room.

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts

This belongs in System Wars, but...

I suppose you are correct, but the 360 certainly doesn't have an issue with short games. They have multiple RPGs that can span over 100 hours, with amazing graphics (Oblivion).

Microsoft didn't screw themself by going with a regular DVD. They haven't had any issues with game length, and the advantages of the Blu-Ray disc certainly aren't showing themselves.

Cow13_02_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cow13_02_basic
Member since 2002 • 4919 Posts
The disc format seems completely irrelevant to the length and complexity of games. Oblivion, the biggest game I've played on any console, clocks in at just over 4 GB. The entire thing can fit on a single-layer DVD. I doubt the Xbox 360 will fall, and if it does it won't be because of its disc format.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The PS3 will never use its full disc capacity and a DVD is easily big enough for a 360 game. This isn't a cedible argument until next generation.
SUKMAIPAGODA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SUKMAIPAGODA
Member since 2002 • 86 Posts

Good post.....nice job!:roll:

da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts

Yea, disc size isnt going to make or break a console. Nintendo has always been around. However, Xbox and PS have not. They are more of a fad, most people who have a 360 i know do not use it to it's full potentail. A 360 is like a wal-mart, it can do a little bit of everything all very well. As good as that might be, i still buy my games somewhere specializing in games. More more something can do, more likely it will break(red rings) PS3 may be a good system, and i like the PS2, but it no one can afford it when pretty much all the same games come onto the 360. I'm going to stick to my wii. it is way more funand interactive, gives a new life to video games.it may nothandle the graphics and doesnt have as many games with M ratings, but how many of those FPS are you going to really play.

hnic7466

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hnic7466
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts
im sorry but that is not entirely true like some body above said mass effect and oblivion long and great games no i dont own either of them but my friend does and they are great long games. 360 wont be falling any time soon end of story
monkey_pirates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 monkey_pirates
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
You forget that multiple discs can and have been used in the past at little extra cost to the consumer
Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts
I don't really care about how much disk space the 360 holds, as long as they don't charge me $60 for a 10 hour game, but it's quality not quantity, as long as there is a good reason to keep replaying a game and whatnot (be it online or a great story mode) I'd still buy a 360.
Durffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Durffen
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
I don't quite believe Wii's optimal disc compacity can pass 4.50 Gigabites, being as i have looked into downloading Wii games over several different sites, not finding a single game that is larger the 4.30 Gigs. You are theoretically right though. Wii games could have more content, and longer games. Good luck finding a company willing to actually do so though.