Wii's lack of games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ScottehC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ScottehC
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Hey guys first post ever on the GSpot forums and just thought I'd express my concerns.

I've been a Wii user since launch, I had a huge dilemma over what console to put my money into before finally deciding to settle on the Wii, Playing it I loved it and had one of the most immerse gaming experiences of my life... That is until I finished Twilight Princess. And now my Wii sits basically untouched in the living room apart from showing family Wii sports every now and this.

Isn't the Wii's lack of games concern to anyone else? Like OK, given that its still just after launch, but even that **** PS3 has some games I'm looking at and going "Hey that's kinda cool" And several games (Def Jam: Icon comes to mind) that I looked at and really felt like playing aren't being released on the Wii, which frankly I thought the control sceme and s tyle of the game going together was a no-brainer. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy and can only be bought off with minigames and trinkets and the virtual console for so long. Its kinda bumming out my Wii love.

Like sure there is Prince of Persia, and No more heroes in the future. But man nothing is really making me love my Wii and I havn't seen anyone else experiencing the same remorse.

It's a sad day when there are more games I'm looking forward to coming out for my PS2 (God of War 2 and FF12 (Which just came out here in AUS)) than there is for my wii.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
i'm not sure if you know this but it was worse for the DS than this, atleast super paper mario and VC games are coming along, with DS we had NOTHING, so yeah from personal nintendo experience i say that the games ARE coming, just wait.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
I play my Wii constantly. Have you tried any other games? If you want the PS3 games, sell your Wii and go buy one. You could make some profit on the Wii, and I`m sure someone would be glad to take it off your hands. I don`t know why you thought that after buying a Wii no games on any other consoles would look good anymore? I say try some of the games out for the Wii, or just sell it... I`m definitely not stressed that there aren`t a ton of games out a few months after launch... but then I`m patient... Oh, and if your idea of a good game is a bunch of stupid rappers beating on each other... there`s probably little hope.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
Dont worry your not completely alone on this one. After being done with Zelda, Rayman raving rabbits and Wii sports my Wii has collected plenty of dust. I also sometimes see games on other consoles which i wish were on the Wii but r not. However i refuse to get any Wii game which is not good quality. I mean PS2 visuals and slapping Wii control functions is not enough for me so i'm waiting for now and it shouldnt be too much longer till good games start coming out. For starts, Nintendo make great games which u can always reley on and i think third party is starting to realise the Wii's potential. The Godfather game coming to the Wii looks like heaps of fun and thats third party. The snowboarding game and Sonic also got pretty high scores.
NoRemnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NoRemnants
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
that is the reason I'm selling my wii and buying a 360... until the end of the year that is... then I'll pick up a new wii (hopefully black)
aco512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 aco512
Member since 2006 • 555 Posts

the wii isn't keeping me busy as much as i would hope

the vc is the only reason i turn it on now

after loz, its just downhill from there, at least until another huge title comes out (still waiting)

my 360 is keeping me busy in the meantime

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
it has like 30-40 games already out...just because they aren't on other consoles doesn't mean they aren't good...
TeZhI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TeZhI
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I'm not buying a Wii yet. I bought my Game Cube when Smash bros came out and it lasted for many months. I might do the same with Wii. I am also waiting for new colours (black, green or red. If the all come out it will be so hard to choose :() and a Wii with DVD. I only have one DVD player so I will need it.
talkingpie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 talkingpie92
Member since 2006 • 502 Posts

Solution = wii60. That what I have and it's great. Also it's cheaper for both than a PS3.

Anyway you've got 3 huge wii games to look forward to - Super mario galaxy, super smash bros and metroid prime.

For the mean time either get a 360 aswell as I mentioned, or you could get something like SSX blur or Sonic. Those games look cool.

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
I personally don't think it is that bad considering the drought that the DS went through when it was first launch. I have nothing but high expectations for the Wii because of that. It is true that right now there aren't many games out but considering the fact that Super Paper Mario is coming soon and the fact that the Wii is backwards compatible....I think I'll be alright
parmesanhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 parmesanhorn
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
given the fact it's just a few months after launch, Wii keeps me quite busy; first Wii Sports, than Zelda, now Madden 2006 + WarioWare...I remeber so well, when the PS2 launched, the only game I played more than a few hours for about a half year was Tekken Tag Tournament (surprisingly enough^^). Plus: I don't see any great games that are already out for PS3 (apart from the fact here in europe, the damn thing itself hasn't launched), save for Resistance, which might be a nice game, though I fear a very short one.
What the future might bring? It would be enough to mention SUPER MARIO GALAXY (which sure as hell will be freaking awesome), but Wii has so much more: good old nintendo franchises like Metroid + Paper Mario, third party stuff like FF:CC and the Suda-51 games and a lot of stuff that I yearn to hear more about, like Disaster, Sadness, Manhunt 2.
at least to me, Wii got of to a quick start and don't seem to slow down
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Your post already has your answer and its the solution I am sticking with as well, play your PS2 for now.  I got my Wii knowing this was very likely to be coming seeing as I don't recall owning a Nintendo console when they didn't drip feed me games and info concerning games, but I have to say the PS2 is still impressing me with its new releases in its twilight years and Im picking up some classics I missed for pence :D.
glitch-x911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 glitch-x911
Member since 2006 • 2988 Posts
I call this the wii drought it sucks doesn't it.
SuzumeCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 SuzumeCake
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
there's games coming each month. but if you don't like em, you'll have to wait.
DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts
I don't think the Wii lacks games, aka a drought, at the moment.  What the Wii is lacking at the moment is quality, trueWii titles.  If you take a look at the list Nintendo recently released, a lot of the games are ports or your typical licensed games.  Even Paper Mario is at heart, a GC game.

Hopefully things change during summer.
Xelioth1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Xelioth1
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts
meh, I'm feeding off of the nostalgia of teh VC games and using my comp for the real gaming right now. I don't really see it as a big deal.
dusksetter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dusksetter
Member since 2007 • 56 Posts

im sorry u feel that way.but i have a 360,ps2,and a wii

and i have wii sports which me and my parents play everynight :).

redsteel which im taking my time on and imbetween playing oblivion on 360

truly the best platform is wii60.because wii has great exclusives

and is the same with 360 and 360 also has multiplats like gta and assasins creed coming .

so id say get a 360 and keep the wii. best of both worlds.

gooflee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gooflee
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts

There some positives to look at the Wii.  First of all, it was more sucessful than many people thought.  Everybody wrote the Wii off, and suspected that the hype would have already have died out.  Since it is still dificult to find a Wii, , means that we don't worry about lack of games coming out of the gate.   Let's face it.  Had Nintendo failed this launch, the drought we are experiencing now would never truly end.  Developers didn't have a lot of support for Gamecube, and more would walk away if the Wii launch was unsuccessful.   The Sony has an up hill battle right now, because I read articles about games will be optimized to play on XBox 360 and then contracted out to be converted to PS3.  We just have to worry about studios making ports to the Wii and making crappy controls in order to work. - Many reviews said this of Splinter Cell for the Wii.

MarioFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarioFanatic
Member since 2003 • 6153 Posts

lack of retail games is affecting me too, but thank god for virtual console.

DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts

We just have to worry about studios making ports to the Wii and making crappy controls in order to work. - Many reviews said this of Splinter Cell for the Wii.

gooflee

Wii owners are going to go through a lot of these titles because it is the current business model for A LOT of developers.  Hopefully it changes.
Shmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shmack
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
You know, I'm in the same state because I beat Rayman, Zelda, and Warioware (which was far too short and unfullfilling in my opinion) but one thing I've found that has kept me entertained with my wii (sorta) is to connect my wiimotes to my computer via bluetooth (its very easy to do) and play my computer games w/ my wiimotes.  It is actually very entertaining and I'd suggest doing it if you want to get some use out of your wii till some good wii games come out.
secretagentx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 secretagentx9
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts
Give it a couple weeks, play Warioware or Wii Sports or Wii Play or something and then play Zelda again. I'm on my 3rd run through and I'm every bit as entertained as I was the last 2 times.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#23 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
How about trying some new games?  Super Monkey Ball, Elebits, and Madden (And Trauma Center if you don't have it for DS) are great launch window titles that people often overlook.
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts

Not really, I just got SSX and that game is so addicting. And I'm going to get Wario Ware for my birthday which is coming up in April. Then I'll probably buy Super Paper Mario soon after it comes out. I'm also interested to see how Godfather, Heetseeker, Blazing Angels, and Medal of Honour turn out.

Cazman2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Cazman2015
Member since 2005 • 323 Posts
Have to agree, I don't want SSX as I just completed On Tour on PS2. Don't want Wario, my friend already has it and I therefore don't see the need. Aside from those two I don't see any big games coming out until Heatseeker, which is the main reason I've pre-ordered a PS3. Saying that, I've still got to complete Zelda and Madden rules, just my PS2 is getting played so I can stick it to the side :-)
Polaris_x1A4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Polaris_x1A4
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
I am to agree that the Wii has somewhat a lack of games right now. I have found myself playing more Xbox 360 games since the Wii release than Wii games. It's a new system, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but I really wish it had at least one title in March I was interested in. Next month I'll get Super Paper Mario though.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Why dont you get Sonic?  I say give the Wii some more time.  Did you really think that you'd get Gears on the Wii right when it released?  The only good game the 360 got at this point was Oblivion.  The Wii has gotten more than that, even if they aren't as good as Oblivion.

Of course, get a 360 also.  It has better games and more games right now.
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
Sonic is amazingly fun... I never was a Sonic fan, but I had a hunch that this Wii exclusive would be great. And it is. Well worth the purchase, for me.
DTbikerider9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 DTbikerider9
Member since 2006 • 1771 Posts
I dont know how people can get bored of the wii soooo quickly helleo Wario ware, Blur, COD3, Zelda TP, excite truck and all the VC games and backwards capability in between the wii is overwelming me
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34740 Posts
I personally don't think it is that bad considering the drought that the DS went through when it was first launch. I have nothing but high expectations for the Wii because of that. It is true that right now there aren't many games out but considering the fact that Super Paper Mario is coming soon and the fact that the Wii is backwards compatible....I think I'll be alrightprincesszelda
I think people are also forgetting that it was exactly the same for the GC when it was released. The Wii is still a new console.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
My Wii has been far from collecting dust, I mean you must have a slightly obscure taste in games, because the Wii has a much larger selection than the PS3. Also is Zelda the only game that you own, because you might want to get out there and start buying games, you kind of require games to enjoy the system.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Yeah, I still play mine but yes, Nintendo really needs to pump out some new games.  Super Paper Mario is a good start but keep them coming because if you make long periods of no games like the GC, this may die off quicker then the GC did (I hope not.)
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I'd like to know for those who said it's lacking of games. Do they have a life? I mean do they do others things other than play video games?

Video games are supposed to be a hobby not a lifestyle.

If you have a problem with a lack of games, I think you should stop playing video games for awhile.  

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Yeah, I still play mine but yes, Nintendo really needs to pump out some new games.  Super Paper Mario is a good start but keep them coming because if you make long periods of no games like the GC, this may die off quicker then the GC did (I hope not.)-ZeRoHouR-
There are so many Wii titles being released this month, if someone cant find a game or two, its not Nintendo's fault. They are just way too picky, and are creating there own drought.
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#35 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts
I'm not worried about lack of games at all. By the end of the year, the Wii is gonna have some pretty awesome games.
Avatar image for Regginator14520
Regginator14520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Regginator14520
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts
Well, seems like you got bored fast but im sure not...   I got Sonic.. Excite Truck...  Wii Sports.. VC Games...   Shockwave games...

and im looking forward to many Wii games

Super Paper Mario... Mario Galaxy... Godzilla... TNA Impact... a Burnout game...  a WWE game is coming out soon... a Fight Night game will probably come out...  Animal Crossing will come along next year maybe.. MP3...  Smash Bro!.... so many

its nice of you to list one single PS3 game you have interest in, but the Wii has many titles you may be oblivious to.
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
I am having no concern for the lack of games. yes i agree that there is a but of a drought but by no means am i worried. Super paper mario coming SOON! after that metroid 3 SSBB and of course MARIO GALAXY! I am quite excited and every time i see a post about how the wii sucks cuz of games it makes me laugh.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

No more heroes is shaping up fine. The control sounds great and the trailer kicks ass.

2 more games from the same director are coming from same director are announced but not yet shown. Things are picking up for the Wii !! It seems like it's the console to get this generation.

wolf360rev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#39 wolf360rev
Member since 2005 • 514 Posts
good games are coming out
ScottehC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ScottehC
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
chris3116 wrote:

I'd like to know for those who said it's lacking of games. Do they have a life? I mean do they do others things other than play video games?

Video games are supposed to be a hobby not a lifes tyle

If you have a problem with a lack of games, I think you should stop playing video games for awhile.  

Who the hell do you think you are you tw4t What a moronic thing to say. I am complaining about lack of games because in the times that I do have off and would like to play something I've found myself playing through the same games over and over again and its a little disheartening? Get a life? Please buddy. GTFO.

As for my own personal lack of games some of you suggested, it's true I don't have many games, I only have Zelda, Wii Sports and Rayman. Both which where great the first time through, but now are kinda dragging me down. And Gamespot and G4 really being my definitive sources for choosing what to purchase next nobody has really shown me a title that has recieved enough of a positive review to make me excited. Most are bad ports (Splinter cell, NFS) or shallow thrill/minigames based games and havn't got fantastic reviews, heck even Gamespot didn't give Twilight Princess a 9 for god knows why. And I'm hesitant towards games liek CoD due to the fact that Red Steel didn't quite succeed in making a FPS on the Wii and the fact that its a port and I think it might end up being another Splinter Cell/NFS.

But I see your points, I'm just going to smile and twiddle my thumbs and await the onslaught of awesome.

EDIT: Oh and hey I forgot to add that after posting the original post last night I saw the trailer for No More Heroes and that really lifted my spirits. That is one title i'm very much looking forward to.