Wii's are STILL sold out?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for armatage_shanks
armatage_shanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 armatage_shanks
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

I was in town yesterday buying a PS2 with Guitar Hero 8), and there was a person up at the till who asked for a Wii because he,

"...Couldn't find one anywhere across the city. This is the seventh Games shop I've looked in do you have any Wii's in here?"

The till dude said they had none in, that they were still filling preorders!!!

This is crazy, it's been five months.

Is it still sold out everywhere else?

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I never see one in stores.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts
Isnt it a little late to buy a PS2 ? :| And yeah, theyre still sold out...
Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
For me to buy one in a store i had to know the manager at wal mart and wait for 4 hours. I haven't seen any in a store since then.
bottomdollar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 bottomdollar
Member since 2004 • 1229 Posts
I got a glimspe of a WiiMote standing alone one day in Wal-Mart
thebigc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 thebigc123
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
are they still going for alot on ebay?
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
My cousin is the manager of EB Games and she stated they havent even got any in for about a month... She stated her Nintendo Rep had told her that the end of the month a big shipment was coming....
Avatar image for armatage_shanks
armatage_shanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 armatage_shanks
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
This is like really quite weird. I'm using my Wii to do all my posts just now 8)
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Still around $300-$400 on eBay.

I love some of the descriptions... every other one says it comes with 5 games, which can be misleading.  Wii Sports is one game, people.

Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts

Isnt it a little late to buy a PS2 ? :| And yeah, theyre still sold out...NWA_31

Nah, a lot of people didn't have the PS2 last gen, so they're getting one to make up for the games they missed. They are cheap as dirt now, so it's a good time to buy one since they are in stock as well. 

Avatar image for masterchief2512
masterchief2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 masterchief2512
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts

I've only seen one wii that wasn't my own, not just in stores, but in life, and that one was on the way to a register to be purchased.

However, when the PS3 launched one of my favoirte game stores had 8 PS3s stacked up on top of each other near the front of the store.  Now they have 8 PS3s stacked up on top of each other behind a glass case at the back of the store. 

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

I got a glimspe of a WiiMote standing alone one day in Wal-Martbottomdollar

my store has a few wiimotes and nunchucks sometimes but never any wiis, they sell out within a few hrs after they go on sale.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidrock17xp

Still around $300-$400 on eBay.

I love some of the descriptions... every other one says it comes with 5 games, which can be misleading. Wii Sports is one game, people.

TDLlama

it's taking advantage of the unknown buyer, companies do it all the time with their small fine print crap lol

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kidrock17xp

I've only seen one wii that wasn't my own, not just in stores, but in life, and that one was on the way to a register to be purchased.

However, when the PS3 launched one of my favoirte game stores had 8 PS3s stacked up on top of each other near the front of the store. Now they have 8 PS3s stacked up on top of each other behind a glass case at the back of the store.

masterchief2512

haha, bye bye sony

TheMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheMunkey
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
are they still going for alot on ebay? thebigc123
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=nintendo+wii&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=
pattrojan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 pattrojan
Member since 2006 • 437 Posts
It is possible to find Wiis, but it's still a rare sight.  My advice is to look at places like Costco and Sam's Club.  That's where I got mine, and my mother just bought one at Sam's Club about three weeks ago.  My guess is that most people looking for a Wii hit up places like Walmart and EB Games outright, but neglect to check some of these other "mega-retailers."  Still...find the Wii is going to be difficult, no question.  It's been outselling both the PS3 (no surprise there) and the XBox 360 pretty much since it came out.  It makes me laugh sometimes when people say that Nintendo made a mistake designing the Wii the way they did.  Just look at the sales records!  If Nintendo keeps this up, I wouldn't be surprised if they completely buried PS3 as a console.  If Sony doesn't get some good quality games out for that console soon it might end up going the way of the Dreamcast.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kidrock17xp

[QUOTE="thebigc123"]are they still going for alot on ebay? TheMunkey
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=nintendo+wii&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

My store had a huge sale on president's day, I could have gotten a wii for like 130. Should have done it then sold it, but was too lazy lol.

ipwnedyourmom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ipwnedyourmom
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i got lucky. i walked into a gamestop and asked if they had any wiis and they said they had 2 that they had'nt even unpacked yet. i bought one and before i could hand them my credit card a guy walked in and asked if they had any and bought the other one.
Avatar image for masterchief2512
masterchief2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 masterchief2512
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts

It is possible to find Wiis, but it's still a rare sight. My advice is to look at places like Costco and Sam's Club. That's where I got mine, and my mother just bought one at Sam's Club about three weeks ago. My guess is that most people looking for a Wii hit up places like Walmart and EB Games outright, but neglect to check some of these other "mega-retailers." Still...find the Wii is going to be difficult, no question. It's been outselling both the PS3 (no surprise there) and the XBox 360 pretty much since it came out. It makes me laugh sometimes when people say that Nintendo made a mistake designing the Wii the way they did. Just look at the sales records! If Nintendo keeps this up, I wouldn't be surprised if they completely buried PS3 as a console. If Sony doesn't get some good quality games out for that console soon it might end up going the way of the Dreamcast.pattrojan
That's how I get a lot of my games.  When I want a game that came out recently but is really difficult to find, I head to small unknown stores and large stores that only sell videogames on the side.  Usually each one will have a stack 10 high while the big game retailers (EB, gamestop, etc.) are completely sold out.

It just makes sense to apply the same logic to consoles.  They won't be incredibly easy to find, but they'll stay on the shelves longer. 

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

I have often times found that game stores like gamestop will only have two copies of a game that the walmart will have ten of.

Gamestop often doesn't stock a lot of titles hence all that paying money to preorder stuff. It's a scam. No store is not going to stock the game unless it's a real limited run and the best way to get one of those limited runs is not go to a brick and mortar store but go online or call the company that makes it.

DarknessMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarknessMario
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

Yes it's very bad that Wii's are still sold out but it's not only in America also in EU but i heard that the production of Wii's would go faster and if that would be so.....then there would be MUCH MUCH MUCH more Wii's sold if not then the production would be faster it's only a ROMOUR thought

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I am just so glad i decided to preorder for launch day.  But I never thought they would be this popular, and had I not preordered I'd be without one still more than likely, since i'm too lazy to wake up for 6am and go to toys r us who get weekly shipments for saturday mornings...  thats a hint, go to toys r us for 6am saturday mornings.