wiimote cursor question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Solmaster
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts
im new to the wii and im wondering if the remote works like a light gun would. normally with a lightgun, you aim at something on the screen simply by pointing to it. but i noticed that my wiimote cursor doesnt appear exactly where im pointing on the screen, the cursor is usually higher than where im pointing it. (my sensor bar is under my tv). is it supposed to be this way? if so, how do FPS games work?
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
Nope, it's not the same thing! The light gun captures EXACTLY to where you're pointing at the screen, but it can only do sporadicly, because it needs to flash the screen for that. The Wiimote uses the sensor bar to capture position, thus rendering the screen size, position, etc etc, not important. Needless to say, it won't be pointing to the exact place your pointing in the screen, but you won't notice it in fps, because you'll probably move the controller point blank (not looking exactly to where you are aiming).
Solmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Solmaster
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts
makes sense in way, it would discourage people from having the remote and inch from their tv in order to have good aim.
MoodyFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 MoodyFlame
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
makes sense in way, it would discourage people from having the remote and inch from their tv in order to have good aim.Solmaster
actually, the reason to why this happens is because when the sensor bar is below the TV you would normally be pointing down at the TV and thus not straight ahead, if you put the bar above the TV, you will notice that then the cursor is lower for where its supposed to be and well, you get the idea, the way you would normally point at the screen while sitting down would have the wiimote tilted slightly upward and then it looks like its acting as a pointer, but otherwsie, you get the idea, i tried a wii at a friends and noticed that, and i also noticed that you move the wii mote regardless because it is extremely close to where the Wiimote is supposed to be pointing so as T3H_1337_NINJA said:[QUOTE="T3H_1337_N1NJ4"]Nope, it's not the same thing! The light gun captures EXACTLY to where you're pointing at the screen, but it can only do sporadicly, because it needs to flash the screen for that. The Wiimote uses the sensor bar to capture position, thus rendering the screen size, position, etc etc, not important. Needless to say, it won't be pointing to the exact place your pointing in the screen, but you won't notice it in fps, because you'll probably move the controller point blank (not looking exactly to where you are aiming).