wii zapper for metroid prime 3? (game suggestion?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for funkybizchicken
funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funkybizchicken
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hello, I just got a wii for my birthday (day after christmas) and a whole bunch of stuff!

INCLUDING, the wii zapper, and i must say it's pretty fun to use, although i find it weird that my trigger finger's in front.

In any case, i was looking for a game that i could use my zapper for enhancing, and i was really interested in metroid prime 3.

I'm not into war games, like medal of honor, and stuff like that, but metroid looks awesome and it got excellent reviews.

Would the Wii Zapper be helpful/a good accessory/make more fun Metroid Prime 3?

If not, are there any games kinda like a futuristic shooters that you could suggest?

THANKS!

~funkybizchicken

swn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 swn13
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

i dont think u would be able to use the wii zapper for that game because use a to shoot and b to jump and it uses alot of motion control

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
You can't use the Zapper with Metroid Prime 3. You need to have easy access to the face buttons on the Wiimote in Metroid which you can't do with the Zapper. You also need to have independent control of the nunchuk and Wiimote which the Zapper doesn't allow for.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No. The Zapper is primarily for on-rails games.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
It'll be difficult but doable. Reaching the face buttons and using the nunchuck for the grapple will be annoying, but not impossible.
funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funkybizchicken

hey, thanks for the suggestions. looks like i'll be playing metroid 3 just w/ teh regular controls, which seems way fun in any case!

are there any other shooters that you could recommend for me?

~funkybizchicken

trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

i just got the zapper and medal of honor heroes 2... fully compatible

it's pretty awesome so far and the use of the zapper doesn't seem forced at all

there's not anything more satisfying in that game than hitting a nazi in the face with your rifle zapper butt haha

morbidm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 morbidm
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

You could use it but it would seriously take away some of Metroid's motiony goodness

Also as the guy before me said, you need full access to every button on the controllers

Warplane11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Warplane11
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts
you could there is an option in the game that will allow you to shoot with b and jump with a
funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funkybizchicken

well, i don't want to get into the "which gun is better" debate, but you think someone would at least design a gun so that the nunchuck is in front of the wiimote so that if you like the tommy gun style, it wouldn't be so awkward. but that would still prevent the use of the motion sensitive nunchuck.

maybe they can make a controller that covers the top of the wiimote, but then you can press a side button or something to access the A button or 1 or 2.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

No. The Zapper is primarily for on-rails games.Rocky32189

That's not entirely true. They did enhance MoH to have a control scheme that was mapped to zapper. The zapper also has sold very well. They will make many on-rails and "non-rails" games for it in the future.

To the TC, Metroid however was not designed for the zapper dude. You need to use all of the face buttons and both the nunchuk and the Wiimote in very specific motions that are completely seperate from the other. And again they didn't design a control scheme for those same motions to be done with the zapper to the same effect.

HOWEVER the game is an absolute masterpeice! (even if it is the easiest of the three) and should not be missed regardless of the lack of zapper support. BUY IT!! :)

funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funkybizchicken

i definitley want to get it. maybe i can find it used for a lower price?

also, if i buy metriod prime 1 and 2, those were for game cube, right? i'd use my game cube controller, right?

the wiimote wouldn't work for them, right?

-HovA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -HovA-
Member since 2002 • 3773 Posts

i definitley want to get it. maybe i can find it used for a lower price?

also, if i buy metriod prime 1 and 2, those were for game cube, right? i'd use my game cube controller, right?

the wiimote wouldn't work for them, right?

funkybizchicken

Correct

MisterEgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 MisterEgo
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts

Hello, I just got a wii for my birthday (day after christmas) and a whole bunch of stuff!

INCLUDING, the wii zapper, and i must say it's pretty fun to use, although i find it weird that my trigger finger's in front.

In any case, i was looking for a game that i could use my zapper for enhancing, and i was really interested in metroid prime 3.

I'm not into war games, like medal of honor, and stuff like that, but metroid looks awesome and it got excellent reviews.

If not, are there any games kinda like a futuristic shooters that you could suggest?

THANKS!

~funkybizchicken

funkybizchicken

My personal thoughts? Just anotehr cheap nintendo gimmick like the attachable tennis racket/bat/golfclub...not very interesting.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

hey, thanks for the suggestions. looks like i'll be playing metroid 3 just w/ teh regular controls, which seems way fun in any case!

~funkybizchicken

funkybizchicken

Ghost Squad is only 30 bucks and it is pretty fun.

funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funkybizchicken

My personal thoughts? Just anotehr cheap nintendo gimmick like the attachable tennis racket/bat/golfclub...not very interesting.

MisterEgo

well, i was wondering if it was just gimmick, but honestly, holding the zapper in my hand and trying to shoot stuff just feels cool! it feels like a gun. the tennis racket just feels lame... but then again, imo, holding a tennis racket is not nearly as cool as holding a gun. if they made a cool light saber attachment, especially if it lit up like a light saber, i might buy that... if it wasn't too expensive.

SacredShotgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SacredShotgun
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts

~funkybizchicken

funkybizchicken

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funkybizchicken

i will check out the resident evils. do you control teh walking for that, or is it like, a pop-up and shoot-em game?

i think i will check out medal of honor, i gotta get over my fear of the old school shooters.

however, that game doesn't have 4 player multi, huH?

how's the online play? do i need to pay money to do that? or just my intenet connection?

it seems like the only 4 person multi for the wii is red steel, right? or am i wrong?

i'd love to see a halo-type game come to the wii...

funkybizchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 funkybizchicken

how's red steel? only $18 used...

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts

Red Steel is AWFUL.

Medal Of Honor:Heroes 2, the online is free aslong as you have internet, and it is AMAZING. Ever since I got it I spent so much more time just playing that, even though I'm not very good, playing it lol

AzzoLovesBirdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AzzoLovesBirdy
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
if they made a cool light saber attachment, especially if it lit up like a light saber, i might buy that... if it wasn't too expensive.funkybizchicken

The guy's a genius.
Scorpion13497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Scorpion13497
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts

i will check out the resident evils. do you control teh walking for that, or is it like, a pop-up and shoot-em game?

i think i will check out medal of honor, i gotta get over my fear of the old school shooters.

however, that game doesn't have 4 player multi, huH?

how's the online play? do i need to pay money to do that? or just my intenet connection?

it seems like the only 4 person multi for the wii is red steel, right? or am i wrong?

i'd love to see a halo-type game come to the wii...

how's red steel? only $18 used...

funkybizchicken

Some people like it, some don't. It's a pretty fun game if you go in not expecting much, especially in the way of dialoge (it's painful in parts). , and keep in mind it was the first attempt to do a shooter for the wii. And it is the only 4 person multi on the wii that is a shooter as far as I know. Warioware is 12? people, you just pass one wiimote around. It's a blast at parties. And Rayman Raving Rabbids is as well I belive. Can't think of any others. Anyways for $18 it may not be bad. Some people also run into glitches, I've rented it twice and ran into 1 (graphical, just turned it off and on and it was fixed).

Depends on which Resident Evil you get. In Umbrella Chronicals, it's an on-the-rail shooter like Time Crissis or Area 51 in the arcades. If you are familiar with previous Resident Evils it's more fun because you can say "oh I remember this!" or "so that's how that happend" type stuff. Still decent if not, just a way to get the most milage. If you want a game for the Zapper, this and Ghost Squad are good choices

Resident Evil 4 you can move around aim and shoot and knife. Also you don't need to be familiar with previous RE's to get into the story or gameplay. May help a bit on a few of the characters but otherwise you're fine. Dunno how it will work with the Zapper, haven't played the Wii (beat it on PS2 and GCN though).

And Medal of Honor Heroes doesn't have split screen multiplayer. However, you do not need to use friends codes, pay, etc. You just have to create a account and join a game. The server list works like most computer games, you go in and choose what server you want, can sort by gametype player amount etc. Single Player is kinda weak. It has 2 modes, you can do campaign where you move and take cover like most shooters, or you can play Arcade where it's on the rails like arcades. I hear the Zapper controls are a little weird though, I'd rent it first and if you like the multiplayer enough maybe a purchase (or persuade a friend with a Wii to get it :P ) Hope that answered any questions, sorry if it didn't :?

SMD915XXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SMD915XXX

I'm right at about 50% completion in Metroid Prime 3, and all I've used is the Wii Zapper. So far I haven't come up on any of the motions that would require the nunchuk to be seperate from the wiimote. I guess some could argue that using the grapple lasso would be a good example, but in all honesty the Zapper doesn't hinder it in the least. When it comes to mapping the buttons, just toggle Jump/Fire so that you Jump with A and Fire with B. You can easily use your thumb to access the face buttons on the wiimote, and your middle finger to fire the trigger.

Eventhough MP3 wasn't made with the Zapper in mind (for obvious reasons) they are definately comptabile with each other. The aiming with the wiimoteelement that is such a mess in Call of Duty 3, is much more stable in MP3, and even moreso when using the Zapper to steady your overall aim. I can't see how I would've enjoyed MP3 past the first 10 minutes if I didn't have the Zapper to steady things.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Ubisoft should make a Red Steel 2 with Zapper compatability and touch up on the many mistakes they made. Red Steel is potentially a great series if done right.

Bobert66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bobert66
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

THANKS!

~funkybizchicken

funkybizchicken
You have to get Medal of Honor, you may not like war games, but you will not be dissapointed