Wii using SD cards?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Wanting to purchase more songs from Rock Band 3 and need a SD card for my Wii. What's the maximum capacity card that the Wii can use? Would like work like an expansion HDD for the Wii, eg: when playing RB3 can I play songs directly from the SD card in my game, or do I have to make space and move something off my Wii and onto the card to put the song directly onto my Wii for it to be played?
Help much appreciated! :D 

TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts

Wanting to purchase more songs from Rock Band 3 and need a SD card for my Wii. What's the maximum capacity card that the Wii can use? Would like work like an expansion HDD for the Wii, eg: when playing RB3 can I play songs directly from the SD card in my game, or do I have to make space and move something off my Wii and onto the card to put the song directly onto my Wii for it to be played?
Help much appreciated! :D 

RE4WiiGirl
It works like and HDD. I use a 32gig on mine, games with downloadable content will just read it ff the sd card.
AtelierFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AtelierFan
Member since 2006 • 1544 Posts
I just looked it up - if you have the most current Wii update, then 32 gigs :)
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
32GB is the max. Yes, songs saved on the SD card will play directly from there, the game takes care of all the trouble.
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RE4WiiGirl

That's great guys thanks heaps! Does anyone know around how many mbs would the average song be in the RB library? Just so I know how big or small a card i'll need smile.gif

RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RE4WiiGirl

Thanks for all your help! I got a 4gb card, which from memory holds over 10,000 blocks, and the average length song on Rock Band is around 150 - 200 blocks! :D