Wii using SD cards?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RE4WiiGirl (1144 posts) -

Wanting to purchase more songs from Rock Band 3 and need a SD card for my Wii. What's the maximum capacity card that the Wii can use? Would like work like an expansion HDD for the Wii, eg: when playing RB3 can I play songs directly from the SD card in my game, or do I have to make space and move something off my Wii and onto the card to put the song directly onto my Wii for it to be played?
Help much appreciated! :D 

#2 Posted by TxTech1923 (662 posts) -

Wanting to purchase more songs from Rock Band 3 and need a SD card for my Wii. What's the maximum capacity card that the Wii can use? Would like work like an expansion HDD for the Wii, eg: when playing RB3 can I play songs directly from the SD card in my game, or do I have to make space and move something off my Wii and onto the card to put the song directly onto my Wii for it to be played?
Help much appreciated! :D 

RE4WiiGirl
It works like and HDD. I use a 32gig on mine, games with downloadable content will just read it ff the sd card.
#3 Posted by AtelierFan (1544 posts) -
I just looked it up - if you have the most current Wii update, then 32 gigs :)
#4 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
32GB is the max. Yes, songs saved on the SD card will play directly from there, the game takes care of all the trouble.
#6 Posted by RE4WiiGirl (1144 posts) -

That's great guys thanks heaps! Does anyone know around how many mbs would the average song be in the RB library? Just so I know how big or small a card i'll need smile.gif

#7 Posted by RE4WiiGirl (1144 posts) -

Thanks for all your help! I got a 4gb card, which from memory holds over 10,000 blocks, and the average length song on Rock Band is around 150 - 200 blocks! :D