Wii U waiting list at GameStop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Just got an email from GameStop, and I just thought I'd share with you who haven't been able to pre-order.

"Due to overwhelming demand, we have recently stopped taking pre-orders for the Wii U. Don't worry, because we are now offering PowerUp Rewards members the opportunity to get on a wait list for the new Wii U system. Head to your local store now and talk to a Game Advisor to be added to the list. No deposit required!

While we can't guarantee when your system will be available, we'll send monthly updates to keep you informed of any Wii U developments.* So stay tuned and keep opening those emails. The next one could be your invitation to come pick one up!"

I am predicting that stores will get a few more units than they have pre-ordered. I'm guess Nintendo doesn't want 10,000,000 people preordering machines when they can only ship 2,000,000, which is why they only gave the stores a certain number to pre-sell. If you get on this waiting list right away, you may get a unit on launch day if they get extras, and if not, you'll have a much better shot at getting one when they get their second allotment. So if you missed out on pre-ordering, get on this list first thing tomorrow morning.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I got the email too. Makes me glad I went in right away to preorder. I am number 1 of 6 my GameStop has.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i already preordered does this affect me

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They're preying on idiots.

They're trying to say their users are special but they're not, they're someone who's fallen for their bait before because they're a member. They know that they're probably going to fall for their BS so now they're saying they may get "special" shipments.

Here's the truth, they're oversold and they're scared that they're going to lose business to other retailers now, with so much at stake they're trying to say your status grants you a special privilege to wait around for extra consoles to come in. There's not going to be extra consoles but since you're on the waiting list they think you wont look elsewhere.

In truth find whatever retailer you can and make a commitment to get there, avoid Gamestop at all costs because they're already oversold.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#5 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i already preordered thank god i got no email from them guess that means im safe

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JustPlainLucas

They're preying on idiots.

They're trying to say their users are special but they're not, they're someone who's fallen for their bait before because they're a member. They know that they're probably going to fall for their BS so now they're saying they may get "special" shipments.

Here's the truth, they're oversold and they're scared that they're going to lose business to other retailers now, with so much at stake they're trying to say your status grants you a special privilege to wait around for extra consoles to come in. There's not going to be extra consoles but since you're on the waiting list they think you wont look elsewhere.

In truth find whatever retailer you can and make a commitment to get there, avoid Gamestop at all costs because they're already oversold.

Jaysonguy
Do you ever find yourself struggling in the morning to have a bowel movement because of how negative you are? Jesus... Anyway, you don't need to commit to the store. You can always put yourself on the list and if you can't find them anywhere, at least you'll be the first to know when they arrive at GameStop. And I'm not avoiding them at all, because I just so happen to be first one to pre-order from my local store...
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JustPlainLucas

i already preordered does this affect me

mariokart64fan
No.

i already preordered thank god i got no email from them guess that means im safe

mariokart64fan
I preordered, but I ended up getting the email anyway. You're safe regardless.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Luckily I pre-ordered. I was the 8th to pre-order at my GS but they told me I'd get one on launch, so I'll trust them. I have another one pre-ordered at Toys R Us just in case, but I'm putting more stock into my GS order.

tunainthebigd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 tunainthebigd
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts

i just pre ordered mine off Walmart. i wont support Gamestop. Walmart forces you to bundle though with another game and a extra paddle (i got the pro controller)..... two things i was planning on getting also anyway. total came to 472.

astroboy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 astroboy777
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

i just pre ordered mine off Walmart. i wont support Gamestop. Walmart forces you to bundle though with another game and a extra paddle (i got the pro controller)..... two things i was planning on getting also anyway. total came to 472.

tunainthebigd
Did you just preorder off of walmart recently? and was it online or instore? also, was it the deluxe? lol sorry for all the questions.
tunainthebigd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tunainthebigd
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts

[QUOTE="tunainthebigd"]

astroboy777

Did you just preorder off of walmart recently? and was it online or instore? also, was it the deluxe? lol sorry for all the questions.

well they are sold out of deluxe wii u consoles now i believe. and yeah it was online

astroboy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 astroboy777
Member since 2004 • 857 Posts

[QUOTE="astroboy777"][QUOTE="tunainthebigd"]

tunainthebigd

well they are sold out of deluxe wii u consoles now i believe. and yeah it was online

thanks my friend
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9578 Posts

After reading up about the U... I really wish I would have preordered. I havnt been this excited for a game console since the PS2, which is CRAZY seeing as though I didnt really like the past 2 nintendo consoles...