Wii U not Outputting to TV :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

f8101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 f8101
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

I just went out and bought my legend of zelda deluxe edition Wii U

I came home and set it up completely and followed all the instructions to a t. Yet I still can not get the system to output to the television.

First I tried the HDMI cable. I tried the cable that came in the box in both ports in my TV (that were double checked to work with a different system), and then tried it with a different tv. I nexted tried a different HDMI cable to make sure the cable wasn't faulty.

Next step I tried with the old av cables from my wii. This didn't work either.

(I did try using the game pad and it turns on just find and with pushing the sync button it asks me to enter the symbols in order however I still get no signal on the tv)

I can not believe that a brand new system right out of the box would be faulty but i really can not think of anything else to try. Please tell me I am missing something simple.

Any help would be appreciated... I just want to play my new Wii U

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your television? I know it sounds like a dumb question, but if you haven't, give it a try. If you still don't get anything, definitely contact Nintendo customer support(or return it for another). It sucks that you got the system and immediately have to start troubleshooting.

f8101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By f8101
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5: my tv only has 2 HDMI ports and yes I've tried both but nothing :( but before I contact Nintendo I'm taking it back to gamestop and replace it for another...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Just to make sure, did you make sure your TV was set to the right output? Like, AV1 for your AV cables, HDMI 1 and 2 for HDMI? You have to manually change that as well as plug in the right cords.

If so you should go back to gamestop

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 YearoftheSnake5

@f8101 said:

@YearoftheSnake5: my tv only has 2 HDMI ports and yes I've tried both but nothing :( but before I contact Nintendo I'm taking it back to gamestop and replace it for another...

Alright, then you probably got a lemon. Get another. Hopefully you have better luck.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Very Oddly, I want to say that the HDMI cables that come with the console have one input and one output side because some times when I reconnect my wiiu to my tv (after taking it to a friend or relatives house) I plug the HDMI cable in and nothing shows but when I flip the same HDMI cable around, it works.

Try to flip the HDMI cable around and plug it into your tv.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

it might be possible u have a ntsc wiiu and a pal tv or vice versa. some tvs are not region free.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@nini200 said:

Very Oddly, I want to say that the HDMI cables that come with the console have one input and one output side because some times when I reconnect my wiiu to my tv (after taking it to a friend or relatives house) I plug the HDMI cable in and nothing shows but when I flip the same HDMI cable around, it works.

You've got me curious! I'm going to give this a try when I go home.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@nini200 said:

You've got me curious! I'm going to give this a try when I go home.

Yep it's weird but try it. It works for my HDMI cable that came with the WiiU but it's the only HDMI cable that I've ever seen that does that.