Wii U is the most fun I've had with a console at launch.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts
Yes, I realize this is a bold statement to make and I'm sure everyone has their own opinions about this statement, but honestly, the Wii U is the most fun I've had with a console in a long time. I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about the games on the Wii U that always put a smile on my face, the feeling of a more interactive experience ala the GamePad which by the way, is completely awesome. The web browser is amazingly fast, the graphics are superb, the gameplay is fresh and new. I've gotten every single Nintendo console since the Nintendo 64 and honestly, this one is right next to the Nintendo 64, it is truly an amazing gaming experience and I look forward to the new ideas and the updates and the games that will come out. We're only a few days into launch, there is a lot to be improved, yes, but it's evident to me that Nintendo is heading the right direction.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I know what you mean and that thing that you cant put your finger on, its Miiverse ;) Whenever Im not watching youtube or looking at tumblr or playing Nano Assault Neo, Im on Miiverse. Its just really fun to use and you just feel closer with other users even if you arent gaming online on the same exact game with them.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I'm right there with you. The only game I have right now is Nintendoland and I really like it. The gamepad and Miiverse are so great. And Netflix on the gamepad....

Yeah, I LOVE the WiiU.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm so jelly right now. I can't wait until Nov. 30!

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

Same here...... I'm off this week from college so I have pretty much spent all my waking hours playing Wii U. I've never really done that with a console before. I always end up going back to my PC as my main machine after a day or two but not this time. I think it's because of Miiverse, it's awesome.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Totally agree its sweet! Can't wait till dev's start taking advantage of the system more!

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

Got it a couple hours ago, I really like the gamepad. I played Nintendo Land for an hour or so then started updating.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Nothing will ever beat my gamecube launch experience with Super Smash Bros Melee and N64 launch with Super Mario 64. WiiU impressed me immensely with its innovative features but I'm not a kid anymore. It's hard for me to be overly excited about anything.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Nothing will ever beat my gamecube launch experience with Super Smash Bros Melee and N64 launch with Super Mario 64. WiiU impressed me immensely with its innovative features but I'm not a kid anymore. It's hard for me to be overly excited about anything.

thetravman
i here ya. I was up bright and early when I got my gamecube on xmas it came with Super Mario Sunshine. I played my cube so hard over the years it has random errors
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#10 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

10 posts? Uhm, exactly how many consoles have you experienced at launch?

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

d_parker
I'm 21 years old, believe me, I've experienced a lot. Posts don't justify anything. To answer your question, Nintendo 64, Gamecube and Xbox 360.
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I'm so jelly right now. I can't wait until Nov. 30!

trugs26

Ditto! Just have to keep telling myself that the Americans are beta testing for us and at least they will have some bugs ironed out by the time we have it. :P

Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

Yea, that Miiverse!!! It's like it's alive. I still get on my PS3 to send messages to my brother, and get my login bonus on Gran Turismo, but all I can think about is Wii U.

On NintendoLand, if you have real life friends.. gather up all the wii-motes you can and play that Metroid attraction! fun as hell.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I know what you mean and that thing that you cant put your finger on, its Miiverse ;) Whenever Im not watching youtube or looking at tumblr or playing Nano Assault Neo, Im on Miiverse. Its just really fun to use and you just feel closer with other users even if you arent gaming online on the same exact game with them.

Gamingclone

Yeah, Miiverse is amazing. When Nintendo first showed it, I thought it would be an awesome marketing tool for Nintendo and third parties but not much else. I didn't expect Nintendo to do such a good job with it. Hopefully more games integrate it as seamlessly as NintendoLand and NSMBU.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'd say the best since the N64.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Up there with Nintendo 64?? Wasn't Mario 64 a launch title? How could you have as much fun with Nintendo Land and NSMBU as with that? With the Wii we got a new Zelda. The Wii U seems like an awesome system but it doesn't compare to Wii or 64, launch wise. (... unless you're one of the people who didn't like Twilight Princess)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]Up there with Nintendo 64?? Wasn't Mario 64 a launch title? How could you have as much fun with Nintendo Land and NSMBU as with that? With the Wii we got a new Zelda. The Wii U seems like an awesome system but it doesn't compare to Wii or 64, launch wise. (... unless you're one of the people who didn't like Twilight Princess)

It's got variety. Don't let the surface fool you, Nintendo Land is a terrific game. NSMBU, a game I've been very critical of, is the best Mario since Mario World. Also, Zombie is great as well--it's different. It contains an atmosphere instilled into the player by its gameplay>. ...Twilight Princess was a GameCube game.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I'm sure it's fun, but I doubt it could compare to the joys of playing drunken Wii Sports with roommates when playing the Wii for the first time :P NSMB seems like the only one that could give a comparable experience, but it doesn't have any of the "new" experience factor that I think would bring it to that level..

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I'm sure it's fun, but I doubt it could compare to the joys of playing drunken Wii Sports with roommates when playing the Wii for the first time :P NSMB seems like the only one that could give a comparable experience, but it doesn't have any of the "new" experience factor that I think would bring it to that level..

WreckEm711

No, it's a totally different experience from the Wii. It's not going for the same feel. It's not going for the same feel as ANY console, and that's what makes it seem so cool. It's not just the gamepad that makes it different, or Miiverse, or the games themselves.... It's a combination of these things and more that makes the console a fun experience.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I've had a lot of fun playing NintendoLand. I went out and bought two more wiimotes with nunchucks and my friends and me have a blast with it. Mario chase is awesome. Nano Assault is a a gorgeous looking shooter, I also just got BO2 now I need a headset for some online zombie slaying.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Wii U has given me back enjoyment out of gaming. I lost all enjoyment when the 360 became my main system lol. I started to play my 3DS more then my 360 but Wii U....Its just in a league of its own right now. Miiverse is the best thing to happen to the gaming industry.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Twilight Princess was a Gamecube game though, it got ported to Wii so I have to dock that abit. However Red Steel unlike most people I really loved 1 and 2. Was hoping for a 3 at Wii U launch lol.

Up there with Nintendo 64?? Wasn't Mario 64 a launch title? How could you have as much fun with Nintendo Land and NSMBU as with that? With the Wii we got a new Zelda. The Wii U seems like an awesome system but it doesn't compare to Wii or 64, launch wise. (... unless you're one of the people who didn't like Twilight Princess)Meinhard1

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Twilight Princess being a Gamecube game is a fair point but it was still released for the Wii before it came to the GC and it made use of the controller for aiming and menus. Is there a better way to get acquainted with a new console than playing a new Zelda on it?? Not for me. I can see how the Wii U has variety but no single game intrigues me as like Mario 64 or Twilight Princess did. I'm excited to play New Super Mario Bros U (it looks to be the best in the NSMB series) but I'm not expecting any big surprises.

Master of fools -- how did the Wii U rekindle your ability to enjoy games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Twilight Princess being a Gamecube game is a fair point but it was still released for the Wii before it came to the GC and it made use of the controller for aiming and menus. Is there a better way to get acquainted with a new console than playing a new Zelda on it?? Not for me. I can see how the Wii U has variety but no single game intrigues me as like Mario 64 or Twilight Princess did. I'm excited to play New Super Mario Bros U (it looks to be the best in the NSMB series) but I'm not expecting any big surprises.

Master of fools -- how did the Wii U rekindle your ability to enjoy games?

Meinhard1
Ironically, this was my thought going in. I looked at the situation this way: first, it takes a LONG time for Nintendo to cut costs on hardware. Second, I knew that I'd buy one down the line. So I figured why not just pre order now and be done with it. And guess what, the system really changed my mind. People complain about new IPs--Nintendo land/miiverse/miis is really looking like the original idea completely fleshed out. The gameplay is very reminiscent of the NES days. Easy to pick up, but difficult to master. The wiiu will have every type of game, and then some. I will not be surprised if ms tries to ripoff Nintendo on this one. Wiiu creates tons of new ways to play games by yourself, with others, while retaining the ability to have more traditional experiences. The system can obviously be a little more powerful, but let's wait to see what real wiiu games look like vs ports.
zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

People complain about new IPs, they complain about too many sequels, they complain about a lot of things. No one on the internet is ever pleased, except us Nintendo fans with the Wii U! :P

@master of fools I too was getting bored with gaming. I was playing free to play games like World of Tanks on PC and never touching my consoles or the countless console ports to pc. Now with this new way to play I am excited for gaming again.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

d_parker

Yes, one's gamespot account is the ultimate indication of video game experience. Everyone has an account, albeit they might not know about it.

Edit: Gamespot, not gamestop. Lol I need sleep.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I can only imagine how great Miiverse will be once Europe and Japan gets acess to it :D

That might seem off topic, but Miiverse is one of the many reasons why Im enjoying the Wii U's launch alot more than I enjoyed the Wii's launch.

ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts

I can only imagine how great Miiverse will be once Europe and Japan gets acess to it :D

That might seem off topic, but Miiverse is one of the many reasons why Im enjoying the Wii U's launch alot more than I enjoyed the Wii's launch.

Gamingclone
I agree. Miiverse really surprised me. With its interaction with Nintendo Land, I have had at least as much fun as I did with the Wii. Nothing will beat the SNES launch for me, but that doesn't mean other launches aren't great.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
I probably had more wonder and amazement at Wii's launch but it has been one heck of a week. My Wii U launch week would have been even better if I hadn't totaled my car on Thanksgiving tho.
Superzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 Superzone
Member since 2004 • 3733 Posts

I've been having so much fun with my Wii U this week, but I think it's just a notch below the Wii launch for me. I was 16 when the Wii came out and was so excited for it I could barely contain myself. Sat in Wal-Mart for 9 1/2 hours to get one and got a copy of Twilight Princess with it, a game I had been dying to play for two years. Me and my friend hooked that sucker up immediately and played Wii Sports for the first time and were just blown away my how different the Wiimote controls were. Then I proceeded to play the crap out of Twilight Princess through the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. Man, that was an awesome couple of months.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Man, I am having a ton of fun with it..
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I'm also having a ton of fun with Wii U. Probably more fun than I've had with a system at launch since the PS1.

There's a certain charm that the system has upon turning it on. Watching the Miis run down the screen to converse with one another. Reading the thought bubbles that pop up. Chatting with others on MiiVerse. It's all very charming.

Then, gaming on this thing, I'm loving it. The Gamepad feels so natural in my hands. I can't imagine playing ZombiU with a standard controller. Could it be done? Sure, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as fun or immersive, IMO. The Gamepad also really enhances several of the ports that I've played, such as Black Ops II, Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City.

Oh, and being able to play many games on the Gamepad alone...superb.

Yeah, loading times are a bit long, and I've had a few freezes, but I think the potential of this system/controller is huge. I can't wait to see what the future holds. Onward to e3 2013!

squall_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 squall_83
Member since 2003 • 820 Posts

I'm definitely having a lot of fun with this system. I am really enjoying how they've made all the system features (miiverse, web browser, eshop, friends list) accessible without having to close your game. When I saw them showing off Miiverse at E3 I honestly thought it was gonna be lame and gimmicky... boy was I wrong.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#34 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Wii U has a solid launch line up provided you didn't already buy half of them on a different system