Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#501 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I send a message home to get a woman out of bed to update the Wii U.

Slave labour.

#502 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The update took about 30-40 minutes to download, though its worthy to note that I was also letting two youtube videos buffer in 1080p. As well as the 3DS update. Then the update took about 10 minutes (I wasnt really keeping track of the install speed so I really shouldnt be talking) to install after the Wii U told me to restart the system.

Also just a heads up, the Fifa 13 demo is up on the Wii U's eshop (in America at least). Im downloading it now and it is a rather large install, more than 1000 mb so its more than 2 times larger than the Wii U firmware update.

#503 Posted by superbuuman (5898 posts) -

woohoo! wiiu browser now works with gamespot :D

#504 Posted by pspitus (2397 posts) -

superbuuman

That's pretty awesome! :) Are all the gamespot features there? Or... is it limited? :(

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#505 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30960 posts) -

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

pspitus

That's pretty awesome! :) Are all the gamespot features there? Or... is it limited? :(

I used it yesterday and all the features that I use on Gamespot were there. Also I don't know if Oops is still a problem on Gamespot but I didn't experience any problems like that.

#506 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

superbuuman
I used the wiiu browser to post on gamestop on launch day. Was there problems with it then?
#507 Posted by superbuuman (5898 posts) -

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

AutoPilotOn

I used the wiiu browser to post on gamestop on launch day. Was there problems with it then?

Tried to launch Gamespot webpage it just didn't load, it repeated reloading but just blank page..tried on 30th Nov, Wii launch in Aust, then a couple of days after still didn't work...finally tried it today & it worked. :)

#508 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30960 posts) -

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="superbuuman"]

superbuuman

Tried to launch Gamespot webpage it just didn't load, it repeated reloading but just blank page..tried on 30th Nov, Wii launch in Aust, then a couple of days after still didn't work...finally tried it today & it worked. :)

It started working yesterday. I tried everyday after I got a Wii U which was the 26th of November and it didn't work until yesterday.

#509 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -

hmm I didn't really use any features but I did post on launch. I bookmarked the forums here too. US launch that is. You guys are both out of US? Maybe that has something to do with it?..

#510 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30960 posts) -

hmm I didn't really use any features but I did post on launch. I bookmarked the forums here too. US launch that is. You guys are both out of US? Maybe that has something to do with it?..

AutoPilotOn

I'm in the US. My Wii U didn't arrive until a 1 week and 1 day after launch.

#511 Posted by Sepewrath (29872 posts) -
Any word yet on what the update does? And nice to see they are starting to put up demos, they should put up one for NG3 and the Pikmin E3 demo.
#512 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

My Miiverse post (in the NSMBU community), containing the doodle spelling ''Rage!'' was removed because appearently it violated the terms of use. I then replied to moderation by choosing the option 'I did not violate the terms of use,' and then 2 or 3 minutes later the doodle was reposted and Miiverse told me that my post did not violate anything and they apologized for the inconvience.

So pretty much what I'm saying here is that if your post gets removed and you feel that your post did not contain anything offensive or otherwise just violating the terms of use some other way, do not just assume that Miiverse has very strict rules. Instead, reply to the message that Miivere sent to you of them informing you that your post was removed and choose the option that I chosed. I you truely didn't voilate the rules, your comment/doodle will be restored shortly there after.

#513 Posted by Sepewrath (29872 posts) -
Shame Pikmin 3 got delayed again, but the game is beautiful, the few extra months cant hurt it.
#514 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Shame Pikmin 3 got delayed again, but the game is beautiful, the few extra months cant hurt it. Sepewrath

More polish is always good. I just hope people dont hype it to above and beyond to the point that when it does launch, it'll flop.

#516 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

i love my Wii U, having a blast playing New Super Mario Bros U

#517 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Notch, the creator of Minecraft, just tweeted saying that he loves Little Inferno! I think I'm going to get little Inferno when I get another eshop card.

#518 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

so with Nintendoland, how many 5 player games are there in it?

#519 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30960 posts) -

killerband55

There are six 5 player games.

1-5 player games:
Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest
Metroid Blast
Pikmin Adventure

2-5 Player games:
Mario Chase
Luigi's Ghost Mansion
Animal Crossing: Sweet Day

#520 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Digital Delux Program is live, so you can start redeeming points if you bought games through the eshop.

#521 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Digital Delux Program is live, so you can start redeeming points if you bought games through the eshop.

ShuichiChamp24

How does one redeem points?

#522 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Maybe here?

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

#523 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]

Gamingclone

Sign in and click on the redeem button, pretty easy process. Need 500 points to get $5.
#524 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

There are six 5 player games.

1-5 player games:
Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest
Metroid Blast
Pikmin Adventure

2-5 Player games:
Mario Chase
Luigi's Ghost Mansion
Animal Crossing: Sweet Day

awesome, thanks

#525 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]

ShuichiChamp24

Sign in and click on the redeem button, pretty easy process. Need 500 points to get $5.

Its okay I figured it out lol.

#526 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Alright so I'm really at the point that I need to pick up another game for this system, NSMBU just isn't cutting it by itself. I need some input here...

I'm either going to pick up Sonic Racing, Ninja Gaiden 3: RE, or maybe ZombiU. I have also considered BO2 but honestly I'm not a major fan of it at all so im iffy on the douchebaggery that is probably rampant in that game. So I'm just curious to the folks that have played Sonic racing and NG3 what the thoughts were on the two? I know that NG3 is relentlessly difficult and that's fine, I've played the originals up to NG Sigma 1 and generally enjoyed it aside from the terrible camera angles they'd force on you. Would I be wrong in picking NG3 over Sonic racing or should I drop the two, suck it up and deal with all the brogamers that thrive on BO2?

Edit: I guess I need to have ZombiU in the running too, I rented it and even though the controls kinda blow the game was pretty intense for as far as I made it.

#527 Posted by GamerEye (1607 posts) -

Alright so I'm really at the point that I need to pick up another game for this system, NSMBU just isn't cutting it by itself. I need some input here...

I'm either going to pick up Sonic Racing, Ninja Gaiden 3: RE, or maybe ZombiU. I have also considered BO2 but honestly I'm not a major fan of it at all so im iffy on the douchebaggery that is probably rampant in that game. So I'm just curious to the folks that have played Sonic racing and NG3 what the thoughts were on the two? I know that NG3 is relentlessly difficult and that's fine, I've played the originals up to NG Sigma 1 and generally enjoyed it aside from the terrible camera angles they'd force on you. Would I be wrong in picking NG3 over Sonic racing or should I drop the two, suck it up and deal with all the brogamers that thrive on BO2?

Edit: I guess I need to have ZombiU in the running too, I rented it and even though the controls kinda blow the game was pretty intense for as far as I made it.

jer_1

NG3: RE, most people (who actually have the game) will say that while it's not as good as NG2 it is far surpior to the 360 and PS3 original version. I, having never played either of those, can't really comment on that but I can say that I am really enjoying the game so far. 26 hours into the game, I am loving it. The game is challenging with out feeling impossible, well except for one boss that I couldn't beat on normal so I had to go to Hero (easy) mode, worst boss fight in the game imo. Excluding that one fight...the games combat feels great, very exciting, engaging, and offers a bit of challenge. The story is fine, imo. Other games do story better, but there are games that do story far worse than NG3: RE. Later this month NG3: RE will be getting free DLC (2 new playable characters), so there is that too.

#528 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Yeah, NG3 wasn't even on my radar until I read an article about the DLC coming and then i started looking a bit more into the game itself. It really seems like it might really be worth buying. My main concern is longevity really though. Does the game have any replay value? Also what is the multiplayer like?

#529 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Well so I finally committed and grabbed 2 games. Sonic racing and Ninja Gaiden 3: RE. I just couldn't resist with ninja gaiden seeing as how all the cute little ninja girls are going to be on there soon to hack and remove all excess limbs from people. I had to do it!

Hope it turns out to be a decent game, it really seems to be one of those diamonds in the rough type-o-games. Most people I've talked to about it seem to like it so I bit on it. Now just to play the Newegg waiting game...

#530 Posted by super600 (32403 posts) -

So how are EU WiiU iwners enjoying the console so far?

#531 Posted by Joshua531 (25 posts) -
Project P looks pretty damn cool. BTW why hasn't this thread been pinned yet? lol
#532 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

Has anyone here played the wii u version of Assassin's Creed 3? How does it hold up?

#533 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -
1080 Snowboarding is now a Club Nintendo Reward if anyone's interested.
#534 Posted by Sepewrath (29872 posts) -

Has anyone here played the wii u version of Assassin's Creed 3? How does it hold up?

Shinobishyguy
Holds up very well, I've had no issues with it, outside of the few technical glitches, that existed in the other versions as well i.e clipping, weird shadows etc. nothing serious. Took me about 10 minutes to get use to the buttons being below the analog stick, but I'm adaptable.
#535 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
Zombie U has been a heck of a lot of fun for me. I'm about 6 hours in and I've done a lot of exploring and looting. I've had 5 or 6 characters but I've lasted the longest with my most recent one (2 hours) and have leveled up a ton. I'm hoping I don't die with this one.
#536 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

That James Bond game is now available on the eshop.

#537 Posted by superbuuman (5898 posts) -
Having fun with zombiu, its actually great...Im trying to use only 1 survivor ..Im about 3hours + into it..longest stayed alive...only play when Im not tired :p
#538 Posted by monson21502 (8222 posts) -

does it play blu-ray movies? can it do 3d?

#539 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -

does it play blu-ray movies? can it do 3d?

monson21502

No. Probably yes.

#540 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Oh God No, please tell me its just a youtube glitch:cry:

What am I going on about? er well, youtube videos no longer load on the web browser:cry:

#541 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -

What am I going on about? er well, youtube videos no longer load on the web browser:cry:

Gamingclone

Yes I read a story about that earlier. They looked like low res crap anyway.

In other news the Rayman Legends demo is now available to download.
Edit: As well as Sonic Transformed.

IMG_0755.jpg

#542 Posted by Angelo534 (25 posts) -
Project P looks pretty damn cool. BTW why hasn't this thread been pinned yet? lol
#543 Posted by GamerEye (1607 posts) -

Actually youtube still works...BUT you need to use the videos embed link.

#544 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
I think the reason why youtube stopped working natively is because they got rid of the Ads in all the videos and since Google/Youtube makes their money off the ads, they probably disabled it temporarily so they can add in the ad support so google/youtube can profit from it.
#545 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

OreoMilkshake

Yes I read a story about that earlier. They looked like low res crap anyway.

In other news the Rayman Legends demo is now available to download.
Edit: As well as Sonic Transformed.

IMG_0755.jpg

Actually apppearently youtube still works, you just have to do a few things. And you can increase the video quality too, just like you can on PC.

#546 Posted by Meinhard1 (6790 posts) -

I don't want specifics but I was wondering

Does New Super Mario Bros U have any endgame perks (like seen in Mario 3D Land, or the season change in Mario World)?

EDIT: So, basically, is it like NSMB Wii or NSMB 2 where you just unlock a Star World with some additonal levels; or is it something more interesting?

#547 Posted by hystavito (4743 posts) -
Zombie U has been a heck of a lot of fun for me. I'm about 6 hours in and I've done a lot of exploring and looting. I've had 5 or 6 characters but I've lasted the longest with my most recent one (2 hours) and have leveled up a ton. I'm hoping I don't die with this one.BadNewsBen
Is the exploring actually like free roaming, self directed. and is there a reason to do so? I just can't get over thinking ZombiU is like this heavily scripted thing and I don't like that kinda thing.
#548 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30960 posts) -

Actually apppearently youtube still works, you just have to do a few things. And you can increase the video quality too, just like you can on PC.Gamingclone
Yeah this is what you have to do to fix Youtube on the browser _popup between watch and ? in the videos url.

#549 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -
Not sure if this is the case with all gamepads but anyone notice how the bright reds and blues tend to look pixelated on the tablet's screen?
#550 Posted by Blair537 (25 posts) -
Here's the stage demo for Aliens: Colonial Marines, an offscreen video with an interview and a video that shows the singleplayer mode.