Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 1

Poll Wii U - Good or Bad (46 votes)

Good 85%
Bad 15%

This Poll is to find out the Good and the Bad of the Wii U.

Please leave you comments about what you think is Good or Bad and even what you would like to see added or taken away from the Wii U.

• 
GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 GH05T-666
Member since 2010 • 1067 Posts

This Poll is to find out the Good and the Bad of the Wii U

Please leave you comments about what you think is Good or Bad and even what you would like to see added or taken away from the Wii U.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Why do you keep making these strange threads around Gamespot?

Wii U's got some good games. This year has been bad for me, but I did like last year's games.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GH05T-666

I'm thinking about getting one

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

It's a nice system. I have lots of games for it between my digital and physical libraries. Wii backwards compatibility is a huge plus.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

It's a good console. Please don't listen to all the ignorant hate directed towards the Wii U. Trust me that it will be remembered fondly for its unique games as well as its exclusives.

The games will come, and there is already a great catalog of games on the Wii U, I have 15+ games at the moment and I expect a lot of games to come out in 2015. Zelda Wii U, X, Devil's Third etc.

Give it a try you won't regret it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

It's the worst value in gaming currently

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I definitely have some complaints about the Wii U such as it's weak hardware, crappy online service, crappy OS, failing to deliver what it should be delivering with the Virtual Console, but overall I still think the Wii U is a really great console because it has some really great games. In less than 2 years, I already feel that it has become a better console than the original Wii.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Other then the broken Miiverse its a good system.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Master_Of_Fools

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

Oh would you shut the hell up Jasonguy. That's the Xbox One thats the worst thing in gaming not only currently, but of all time. Hell the virtual boy is better then the Xbox One.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

Oh would you shut the hell up Jasonguy. That's the Xbox One thats the worst thing in gaming not only currently, but of all time. Hell the virtual boy is better then the Xbox One.

You're a fanboy taking Nintendo's demise poorly, please get professional help, I'm sure there's people who hate to see you this way

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mariokart97

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

You think you're the sh!t because you are joining the crowd by hating the Wii U.

Please tell me the value in Xbox One or PS4 because I have yet to see the true power of these so called "next-gen" console twins.

Yeah twins, due to unoriginality.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master_Of_Fools

@Jaysonguy: Before E3, I spend the past year BASHING Nintendo, I'm no Nintendo Fanboy. A Zelda and Starfox fanboy yeah, but Nintendo, no. Seeing as I am a PC gamer, and doon to be PS4 gamer when the White PS4 Destiny Bundle releases next month. Even though I hate Sony. And a developer being a fanboy, would not be a good thing.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: @mariokart97:

He feeds off of negativity. Don't feed a stray.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaysonguy

@mariokart97 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

You think you're the sh!t because you are joining the crowd by hating the Wii U.

Please tell me the value in Xbox One or PS4 because I have yet to see the true power of these so called "next-gen" console twins.

You mean besides games that you can't play anywhere else with engines that don't run anywhere else and tons of entertainment apps that increase the overall value?

I'll wait for you to reply as you have your Hulu Plus chug on the Wii U

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mariokart97

@Jaysonguy said:

@mariokart97 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

You mean besides games that you can't play anywhere else with engines that don't run anywhere else and tons of entertainment apps that increase the overall value?

I'll wait for you to reply as you have your Hulu Plus chug on the Wii U

HAHAHA did you say engines that won't run anywhere else? PC bro, destroys the entire concept of these next-gen systems.

I won't try to claim the Wii U is more powerful than PS4 or Xbox One (though the difference is much less than people make it out to be) but atleast Nintendo strives for originality by having exclusive titles that are unique not games that could and should exist on the PC which is the case for most games on PS4 and Xbox One.

And entertainment apps are just an excuse for not having appealing software. My point being nothing these two consoles is unique in their own right. If you want graphics go for PC, if you want unique games go for Nintendo.If you want "entertainment apps" all in the same place go for PS4 and Xbox One LOL.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@GH05T-666 said:

Don't

You can play a multitude of great games on Wii U (as well as all Wii and even older Nintendo games) compared to the lacking PS4 library at this time. Yet Wii U is in your book, again, the worst value.

Why do you even come here anyway? Calling others fanboys doesn't make you not a fanboy.

"Entertainment apps", lol. Welcome to 2014, where everyone owns multiple devices that all have that exact same entertainment value. You buy a game console for its games, not other entertainment values that are already present in multiple household devices.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GH05T-666

I like Wii U

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

@mariokart97 said:

HAHAHA did you say engines that won't run anywhere else? PC bro, destroys the entire concept of these next-gen systems.

I won't try to claim the Wii U is more powerful than PS4 or Xbox One (though the difference is much less than people make it out to be) but atleast Nintendo strives for originality by having exclusive titles that are unique not games that could and should exist on the PC which is the case for most games on PS4 and Xbox One.

And entertainment apps are just an excuse for not having appealing software. My point being nothing these two consoles is unique in their own right. If you want graphics go for PC, if you want unique games go for Nintendo.If you want "entertainment apps" all in the same place go for PS4 and Xbox One LOL.

The difference is between the PS4 and Xbox One to the WiiU is great. Its not marginal. The WiiU is marginally better than last gen. Its no accident that multi platform games are like unicorns on the system. And to praise Nintendo for originality is absolutely absurd they have not released a new IP since Pikmin on the Gamecube. Splatoon is going to be the first original product from Nintendo in over a decade and they were planning to make that another mario-esque game. As for your last statement, its more like if you want NINTENDO ONLY games go for the WiiU, if you want a variety of next generation games you can pick the PS4 or Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I really like the Wii U. So I would say it is worth it.

I guess we should get the nitty gritty done witht first before continuing: If you want a powerful system, then a PC is the way, If you want a lot of interresting games that are about other Things then Graphics then the Wii U is quite good. And saying that teh games are ugly is pretty darn false to begin with.

So when that is out of the way...

Yeah I really like the Wii U, as it have a fairly good library of games (that most seem to ignore), and different experiences. and the tablet controller is pretty neat for some games (ZombiU springs to mind, if you can find it cheap, pick it up, it is fairly interresting). And in the end the games library is what ultimately Counts. They also tend to be quite different then what you would find on other systems, which overall are much more similar across platforms.

It uses way less power then the PS4 (when you get old that kind of thing is fairly important).

It has games that people not too much into gaming also enjoys (and you rarely have to be worried about the behavior of others online if you have kids). Which is a potential advantage, it is not that other consoles don't have Family friendly games, but the GF never once started the PS4 outside of netflix or watching a movie on a disc, she does turn on the Wii U for Mario Kart 8.

The Wii U does have some downlides, it is fairly noisy when reading disks, it can be a tad slow, and the prices on the Marketplace are fairly high.

Ultimately it is close to the perfect "secondary console") for alot of people, a good primary console for a few people, and worthless for very few people (mainly those not liking the typical Nintendo games).

simuseb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 simuseb2
Member since 2014 • 178 Posts

I like it. But I have a difficult time recommending it. Honestly, I think for most gamers Xbox One and Ps4 are the better options. Better third party support, better online infrastructures etc. However, Wii U was always a must buy for me simply because of Nintendo games. I like Nintendo games. If you don't like like Nintendo games than the Wii U has very little to offer you. Simple as that.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GH05T-666

I'm getting one soon :D

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts
    • Cons:
    • Weak Hardware
    • Lacking (but still competent) online structure
    • Nearly no third party

• Pros:
    • Nintendo 1st party
    • Great Third party exclusives (Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, ZombiU {**** the haters the game was good, though did have flaws})
    • Full Backwards compatibility with Wii everything
  • Virtual Console (though in its current state it is very lacking; however this can be fixed in time)

Just a general gist how I feel about it. It is currently my only next gen system (not counting 3ds). With a PC+Wii U combo, you'll only miss Xbox and PS exclusives. The Wii U could be a great system if Nintendo were a bit smarter with it. Maybe they'll wisen up next go around.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GH05T-666

Full Backwards compatibility with Wii, Free Online Multiplayer and great games you can only play on Nintendo!

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I think it's awsome. I'm going to buy the zelda with wiiu package the day it's out. Nintendo are fantastic game developers and make the most beautiful games with the fewest glitches and tightest controls. Nintendo will survive, once the hardware peaks and memory issues are no longer limited Nintendo will take #1 again. I can only imagine a fully open world Zelda with Nintendo's famous controls. I remember the sense of awe that I got looking through the comics in the manual for Link to The Past, if they could capture that there would be no reason to play anything else.

I love Nintendo, they make beautiful art and really put the rest of the industry to shame. Just look at Gamerankings.com, the top 3 highest rated games of all time are from Nintendo so there you go. I'm going to play Super Mario Galaxy 2. Too bad Skyward Sword is so ridiculously expensive everywhere, I want/need it bad.

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GH05T-666

How could everyone not want a Wii U ?

GH05T-666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GH05T-666

Cant wait for Super Smash Bros on Wii U

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

Well, I think it's improved quite a bit since release, though Nintendo still has a lot of work to do. They need to improve online, get their accounts in order, better the VC, and try to diversify their lineup.

That's really my main problem with the Wii U.....so many of the games are so familiar, in either look, feel, or formula. This isn't surprising considering that Nintendo and only a few others are the only developers for it but it's a huge weakness (or strength, if you love only Nintendo). I just bought Tropical Freeze a week ago and played it for about 15 minutes, and while it's quality, I feel absolutely no drive to continue. This has applied to nearly every single game on the U for me, aside from Pikmin 3 which was a joy to play from start to finish (I really hope we see another).

Thing is, whenever I play any of Nintendo's games nowadays, the word "obligatory" constantly pops into my head. That's what it feels like. Perhaps I'm growing out of the types of games Nintendo puts out, or perhaps they are just not putting the passion into them that they once did. I suspect it to be a little bit of both but I can still go back to games such as SMG and love it just as much, so I think it's more of the latter.

I believe the U has reached the point where it's a worthwhile investment if you're a Nintendo fan, but it definitely has flaws yet to be addressed.

Avatar image for theguitarguy321
theguitarguy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#29 theguitarguy321
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

This is a great console. The only complaint that I have is that it is targeted more towards children than teens. I have met with far more kids than people my age(18) and on the Eshop, there are A LOT of games that are obviously directed towards kids. If there were more games in the T or M rating, I'd like the system more.

FuccBoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FuccBoii
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Wii U is absolute shit. There will be a couple of tweaks to their games, but its basically just a glorified wii, which I didn't care for one bit, either.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I'm liking it. IMHO, I think Nintendo would have been better off making the Pro the standard controller and the Gamepad a separate or "premium" bundle..

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Wii U kind of reminds me of Gamecube... didn't sell very well but had some great games and became one of my favourite consoles. Sales don't mean sh**.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I love Wii U and the gamepad. Miiverse and off-tv play are my favourite features of the console. Wii U - Excellent

(I want more third party games and more FPS that support the Wii remote + nunchuk.)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@farrell2k: sony of Microsoft ?

have they merged? hahaha

the sony of Microsoft 4 box 1 ....name of merged console :)

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#35 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

The N64 was Nintendo's last attempt at the hardcore, GPU loaded unit and it didn't sell very well (for their standards). So, it's understandable that they saw this market as limited, and they were right before everyone else. It's now reverted back to a graphics emphasized market, so asking N to get back in the game with the core gaming is slightly ironic, and possibly hypocritical.

EdiddyXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EdiddyXP
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

The wii u has a heck of a lot more good games exclusive to it than the ps4 and xbox have good games at all right now. I use my ps4 and xbox more for netflix and hulu than gaming. Super mario 3d world, donkey kong trop freeze, bayonetta 2, mario kart. The Last of Us and Forza are about all I can muster up as great right now for ps4 and xbox. And believe me, I'm looking forward to some great games on PS4 and Xbox; this nextgen launch has been brutal!