wii u gathering even more dust....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
i bought a wii u and honestly have no reason to play it. does nintendo have any plans to make new ip's that are not directed to six year olds? nintendo direct sucked today, every game looked terrible except monster hunter but we already knew that was coming. i simply feel cheated, finally they make a next gen system cause lets face it, the wii was awful for the most part, yet this still cant make games for hardcore fans. anything decent for it will probably come out on ps3 too so whats the point? i payed 350 bucks to play a remake of monster hunter 3 and a possible hardcore zelda game ( if the e3 trailer is how it turns out). anyone else feel the same? any good games im missing? ps. i know there is other great games like pikmin 3 and what not. but i want new ip's that would play as good as say an uncharted game. awesome story, cut scenes, and gameplay.
#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

You bought a console from a company that makes games for children and casuals and then expect them to make games for someone other than children and casuals.

Bad idea

Do more research next time.

#3 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
no need for research. i bought it play monster hunter and zelda like i said. just hoping nintendo would smarten up and make new ip's
#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

no need for research. i bought it play monster hunter and zelda like i said. just hoping nintendo would smarten up and make new ip'selenadrake

If you only bought it for two games and you'll be getting those two games then what's the problem?

#5 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -
I picked up a Wii U at Xmas, have only purchased ZombiiU, and don't see any compelling software on the horizon either. But I don't make these types of threads because I knew exactly what I was getting into. I didn't play but a handful of games on the Wii either. I like to have all the platforms out there, period.
#6 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.
#7 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
I picked up a Wii U at Xmas, have only purchased ZombiiU, and don't see any compelling software on the horizon either. But I don't make these types of threads because I knew exactly what I was getting into. I didn't play but a handful of games on the Wii either. I like to have all the platforms out there, period. donalbane
The Answer to your sig question is, "The Experts" :shock:
#8 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -
[QUOTE="donalbane"]I picked up a Wii U at Xmas, have only purchased ZombiiU, and don't see any compelling software on the horizon either. But I don't make these types of threads because I knew exactly what I was getting into. I didn't play but a handful of games on the Wii either. I like to have all the platforms out there, period. nini200

It's a Watchmen reference. No need to overthink it.
#9 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.elenadrake

I own everything, that's my thing

As for not knowing what a company has in store? Are you *()@#*(# kidding me?

Nintendo was founded on making games for children and casuals, that's their mantra and their main goal.

Every single console has been trying to perfect that

The Wii was the greatest console ever for children and casuals

You honestly thought that adding a U to the end of it would make Nintendo abandon decades of work and try something completely different?

Really?

#10 Posted by ants83 (360 posts) -

[QUOTE="elenadrake"]have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.Jaysonguy

Nintendo was founded on making games for children and casuals, that's their mantra and their main goal.

You honestly thought that adding a U to the end of it would make Nintendo abandon decades of work and try something completely different?

Really?

Wind your neck in, If you've got nothing productive to say, don't say anything.
#11 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="elenadrake"]have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.ants83

Really?

Everything I say is productive, he says that Nintendo mislead him

I'm asking if he's completely serious considering the company's direction from the very beginning

#12 Posted by accesdenied (485 posts) -

[QUOTE="elenadrake"]no need for research. i bought it play monster hunter and zelda like i said. just hoping nintendo would smarten up and make new ip'sJaysonguy

If you only bought it for two games and you'll be getting those two games then what's the problem?

lol. he got'ya
#13 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.elenadrake
And how long was it before those other games came out for your system? I don't know about you, but I played Wii a whole lot more than all my other home consoles combined.
#14 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
guess ill be sticking with everything sony
#15 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

If the games dont have super realistic and gritty graphics they must be for little kis, right!?

NSMBU + NSLU DLC

Wind Waker U

Wonderful 101

Bayonetta 2

Pikmin 3

Smash Bros

Mario

Mario kart

Fire Emblem x SMT

Xenoblade 2

Next Zelda

Nintendo Land

Yoshi Yarn

That is a bad list?

#16 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
yes it is.... mario is the same game ive played 1000 times, nintendo land is a mini game collection, sounds pretty lame, wind waker is an hd remake that we all played before, pass. you did point out some good ones that i missed like ssb's, and although not a fan i forgot that bayonetta has become an exclusive. and no graphics are not everything, but you have a system that can make gorgeous looking games, then make some. if the next zelda game isn't awesome looking like the e3 trailer then i probably wont buy it, unless there is some vast improvements on the game play, because its the same game ive played before. nothing changes.
#17 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
wind waker is an hd remake that we all played before, pass.elenadrake
Not true, not everyone has played it.
if the next zelda game isn't awesome looking like the e3 trailer then i probably wont buy it, unless there is some vast improvements on the game play, because its the same game ive played before. nothing changes. elenadrake
Yet you mentioned you bought the system for this very game earlier.
#18 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
high hopes i guess, they showed a great looking trailer for zelda on wii u. but theres rumors that say it wont look anything like that. i find that misleading
#19 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

high hopes i guess, they showed a great looking trailer for zelda on wii u. but theres rumors that say it wont look anything like that. i find that misleadingelenadrake

You find rumors midleading?

Are you normally this easily confused?

#20 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

high hopes i guess, they showed a great looking trailer for zelda on wii u. but theres rumors that say it wont look anything like that. i find that misleadingelenadrake

They didn't show any trailer for wiiu zelda. They showed a lighting demo that happened to have link in it. If you think that's the game they are making, you must have a dent in your head. Nintendo isn't going to show ANYTHING for the next zelda until it's ready. The fact that they showed that demo can only mean it won't be in the next zelda.

#21 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
Rumors are rumors after all. Let me quote you one more time if I may...
no need for research. i bought it play monster hunter and zelda like i said. just hoping nintendo would smarten up and make new ip'selenadrake
When the Nintendo Gamecube was announced they had shown a trailer for a Zelda game with Link and Ganondorf sword dueling. People were ecstatic over the video. Yet we got Wind Waker (which happens to my most favorite ever ever) and there were some very angry people around. This is where research would have helped you.
#22 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="donalbane"]I picked up a Wii U at Xmas, have only purchased ZombiiU, and don't see any compelling software on the horizon either. But I don't make these types of threads because I knew exactly what I was getting into. I didn't play but a handful of games on the Wii either. I like to have all the platforms out there, period. donalbane

It's a Watchmen reference. No need to overthink it.

Oh lol haven't seen that movie in a while :P
#23 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3144 posts) -

Elenadrake, I have this incredibly shocking factoid for you. It's going to blow your mind. Are you ready?

......nobody cares you're not enjoying your system.

#24 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

yes it is.... mario is the same game ive played 1000 times, nintendo land is a mini game collection, sounds pretty lame, wind waker is an hd remake that we all played before, pass. you did point out some good ones that i missed like ssb's, and although not a fan i forgot that bayonetta has become an exclusive. and no graphics are not everything, but you have a system that can make gorgeous looking games, then make some. if the next zelda game isn't awesome looking like the e3 trailer then i probably wont buy it, unless there is some vast improvements on the game play, because its the same game ive played before. nothing changes. elenadrake

First of all, I dont know why people loved those E3 graphics so much.  Xenoblade 2 looks leagues better.  

For me, the already announced games have pretty much sold me (E3 will be my deciding factor with SSB, Mario, and Mario Kart shown off) on the WiiU, and I plan on buying one for Wind Waker U.  With that said, Zelda is usually my key title on Nintendo systems and I just hope the new one brings back exploration after the more linear action oriented skyward sword.  IF it is as good as OoT, MM, or WW I will be very happy.

#25 Posted by mariokart64fan (20547 posts) -

no software? i guess if you choose to skip then its your fault there is games call of dutybo2 007 legends ac3 me3 ng3 madden 13 fifa13 nsmbu nintendoland puddle trine 2 hyperswitch force the cave sing party game party bat man ac espn sports nba2k13 wheel of fortune tank tank tank warriors 3 nano assault neo little inferno chasing aurora thats already a wide variety give it a chance nfs mw w exclusive features is coming to as well as aliens colonial marines and mh3 ultimate etc

#26 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

no software? i guess if you choose to skip then its your fault there is games call of dutybo2 007 legends ac3 me3 ng3 madden 13 fifa13 nsmbu nintendoland puddle trine 2 hyperswitch force the cave sing party game party bat man ac espn sports nba2k13 wheel of fortune tank tank tank warriors 3 nano assault neo little inferno chasing aurora thats already a wide variety give it a chance nfs mw w exclusive features is coming to as well as aliens colonial marines and mh3 ultimate etc

mariokart64fan

Most of the titles you listed are awful games or inferior versions to what's offered on other consoles.

Please stop telling people to buy awful games

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#27 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -
[QUOTE="elenadrake"]i bought a wii u and honestly have no reason to play it. does nintendo have any plans to make new ip's that are not directed to six year olds? nintendo direct sucked today, every game looked terrible except monster hunter but we already knew that was coming. i simply feel cheated, finally they make a next gen system cause lets face it, the wii was awful for the most part, yet this still cant make games for hardcore fans. anything decent for it will probably come out on ps3 too so whats the point? i payed 350 bucks to play a remake of monster hunter 3 and a possible hardcore zelda game ( if the e3 trailer is how it turns out). anyone else feel the same? any good games im missing? ps. i know there is other great games like pikmin 3 and what not. but i want new ip's that would play as good as say an uncharted game. awesome story, cut scenes, and gameplay.

1. Nintendo makes games for everyone, you failed to do good research. 2. Not everyone is as insecure as you and can actually enjoy games that aren't marketed towards adults 3.Do you feel cheated when you don't get a good grade on an exam because you didn't study enough? 4. As what I imagine would be classified as a "hardcore" fan I'm more than pleased with their first party line up for 3DS/Wii U. 5. Nintendo has never been about Uncharted style games, and I'm not talking about third person shooters. Once again, you didn't do research. 6. The Wii U doesn't have a lot of new IPs yet but just wait. The 3DS is booming with them right now, it takes time. 7. And finally, of course your Wii U is collecting dust! I play mine like 80 hours per month and its collected a lot of dust already! Come up with a better one-liner.
#28 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

Jaysonguy

Most of the titles you listed are awful games or inferior versions to what's offered on other consoles.

Please stop telling people to buy awful games

Please stop telling people they are bad for liking games that you think are awful. One man's trash is another man's treasure, there's nothing wrong with that.
#29 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4971 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="elenadrake"]have you ever owned a decent system before? i assume not cause you're probably a 360 fanboy. you buy a system, you dont know what the future has in store. i bought a ps3 for example to play resistance, god of war, MGS, and final fantasy. then games like uncharted, demons souls, skyrim, heavy rain, and killzone to name a few came out. i didnt buy the system for those games but they are some of the best that make my ps3 the best system ive ever bought. i bought the wii u for those games but they still need to make good games to justify my purchase.ants83

Really?

While I would disagree with JaysonGuy and say that they make games for everyone (not just casuals and children but yes they do make a large part of it) he makes a good point. This is Nintendo. If someone truly thought they'd go all "Uncharted" after never showing any signs of that between 1981 and 2012 then they failed to do good research and deserve to feel cheated by the lack of joy they've had with their video game console purchase. This person should do themself and the world a favor and sell the Wii U to someone who will enjoy it for what it is, not for what it will never be.
#30 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
look at gamecube, resident evil 4 was an exclusive for that system and it was awesome good graphics, good gameplay. eternal darkness theres another one. perfect dark on 64, another great example. you guys are missing my point, nor did you even answer my initial question, so why comment? cause i angered you little mario fanboys? all nintendo does now is release the same 5 games year after year. another 2d mario? check. mario kart? those games haven't been the same for 20 years. mario starring in 5 more games. kape im in.
#31 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

If you can't find anything for yourself on it and if nothing excites you about it I think it's best that you sell it and invest your money in something else. (like for example the next systems from MS and Sony or a new graphics card for your PC)

#32 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
trust me ill be getting ps4 at launch
#33 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
[QUOTE="elenadrake"]look at gamecube, resident evil 4 was an exclusive for that system and it was awesome good graphics, good gameplay. eternal darkness theres another one. perfect dark on 64, another great example. you guys are missing my point, nor did you even answer my initial question, so why comment? cause i angered you little mario fanboys? all nintendo does now is release the same 5 games year after year. another 2d mario? check. mario kart? those games haven't been the same for 20 years. mario starring in 5 more games. kape im in.

Gamecube release was in November 18 2001, Resident Evil 4 came out roughly 3 years later on January 2005. Eternal Darkness was released on June 24, 2002, 7 months after the system launch. Nintendo 64 launched on September 1996, and Perfect Dark May 2000, almost 4 years later. Wii U released November 18, 2012, almost only 3 months now. So there is your research. Your initial questions?
anyone else feel the same? any good games im missing?elenadrake
Plenty of people have more than given their answer in telling you they do not feel like you. Some have given you a list of games which you also admitted to have missed in your initial post.
#34 Posted by elenadrake (31 posts) -
one person gave a list of games, everyone else got their princess peach panties in a bunch
#35 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

one person gave a list of games, everyone else got their princess peach panties in a bunchelenadrake

So now you're saying you're unable to research the console AND the games?

Would you like one of us to play them for you too?

#36 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -
one person gave a list of games, everyone else got their princess peach panties in a bunchelenadrake
Two people did actually, the rest would have only repeated the same list back to you. Do remember that this is a forum where purple come to express their opinions just like you did. My point is that the console has only been out for about three months, it takes time to build a nice library of games, not only for Nintendo systems but others as well.
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
#37 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Really?

That would apply to this whole thread then!
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#38 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9113 posts) -

ZombiU is actually pretty good. I'd rent that one, though. After you beat the campaign, there's not much to do and the game becomes very predictable. Multiplayer is abysmal and not worth your time.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is excellent if you like using the Wiimote for shooters(like me).

Grab a friend and Nintendoland becomes much more fun.

New Super Mario Bros U surprised me with its quality. I didn't like NSMB on Wii, but this iteration is much better.

If you don't already have it, or want to play it on a more energy efficient platform, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is an awesome port. You won't get the Omega and Leviathan DLC, but you're hardly missing anything(they're not very good).

That's what I've been doing with my Wii U lately. Might not be your cup of tea, but there's a few suggestions.

Edit: Little Inferno, Nano Assault: Neo, and Trine 2 are some games you may want to check out on the eShop. Nano Assault is pretty tough, and Trine 2 will stump you from time to time, but they're worth the price. Little Inferno is very short, but there's plenty of humor and there's something hypnotic about burning objects.

#39 Posted by simomate (1875 posts) -
i bought a wii u and honestly have no reason to play it. does nintendo have any plans to make new ip's that are not directed to six year olds? nintendo direct sucked today, every game looked terrible except monster hunter but we already knew that was coming. i simply feel cheated, finally they make a next gen system cause lets face it, the wii was awful for the most part, yet this still cant make games for hardcore fans. anything decent for it will probably come out on ps3 too so whats the point? i payed 350 bucks to play a remake of monster hunter 3 and a possible hardcore zelda game ( if the e3 trailer is how it turns out). anyone else feel the same? any good games im missing? If you don't like Nintendo's charm why did you buy a Nintendo console? ps. i know there is other great games like pikmin 3 and what not. but i want new ip's that would play as good as say an uncharted game. awesome story, cut scenes, and gameplay.elenadrake
Sounds like your complaining though...
Do you mean the tech demo? Tech demos should NEVER be used as speculation for a new game. Zelda for Wii U is only in early development stages. Anyway, the Wii U has plenty of great games, mine certainly isn't gathering dust. Sure, it could use more games and its missing a lot of multiplats... but I don't understand what you expected? The selling point of all nintendo consoles following the SNES have always been Nintendo games and they wouldn't be the same without Nintendo's classic charm.