Wii U freezing issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (77801 posts) -

So far, I've had the Wii U freeze on me twice during Nintendo Land. No other games have freezing issues. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

You might want to fix your title :P

As for Nintendo Land, I have it but havent tried it out yet.

I follow a couple people on twitter who litterally tweet about everything, and they tweeted quite abit about Nintendo Land and they havent complained about the game freezing. So idk, I'll get back to you when I've tried it out.

#3 Posted by nyc05 (10190 posts) -

1 freeze on ACIII. None so far on Nintendo Land, NSMBU or ZombiU.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (18896 posts) -

played cod for a few hours...no freeze.. played epick mickey 2 for like 1 hour..no freeze either..

#5 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

I just posted this in another thread but I my console froze once because I was too far away with the gamepad and the console and gamepad lost connection. Then on NSMBU it froze on me too.

#6 Posted by JustPlainLucas (77801 posts) -

I just posted this in another thread but I my console froze once because I was too far away with the gamepad and the console and gamepad lost connection. Then on NSMBU it froze on me too.

zyphyr2k12
Interesting. Haven't had that happen to me yet. When the controller lost signal, it just waited until I got close again.
#7 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

Well, I kept walking around my house trying to find it's range limits so that is probably why. It disconnected several times while I was experimenting heh lol. I should have just went back into my room instead of pushing it.

#8 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The only time I made the console freeze was when I was in the web broswer and I scrolled too fast. hasnt happened again.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
#9 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1651 posts) -

I had it freeze twice on me. 1 time on Miiverse. Other time was...I forget? Maybe it was only once? Either way it seems fine now. Nintendo just needs another update that will patch stuff. It takes awhile to get a new system running flawlessly.

EDIT: Nintendoland seems to be causing freezing for quite a few people. Nintendo needs an update. Should assume we will get one by the end of the week I hope.

#10 Posted by vee42 (300 posts) -

Since downloading today's update for nintendoland I've had it freeze 3 times to fix it I went into data management and deleted update data then clicked strt software before it starts downloading the update again havn't had a problem since

#11 Posted by ddv333 (25 posts) -
Have two freezes already both on nintendo Land. They where both at least 3 hours after I started playing. Of course this could be only luck. Hope to hear there is a patch because my warranty only applies for US and Canada and I live in Mexico, stupid policies
#12 Posted by sailor232 (6757 posts) -

Had mine freeze today going into the eSop for the first time. On the loading screen. Not too bothered.

#13 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
1 freeze in black ops.
#14 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -
Had mine freeze once during YouTube app and twice on web browser while on YouTube
#15 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

So far, I've had the Wii U freeze on me twice during Nintendo Land. No other games have freezing issues. What about you guys?

JustPlainLucas

Five times for me on of Wii U, twice on the other if I remember correctly.

I am back to playing other machines until a patch.

Luckily, I didn't buy any multiplats for my Wii U's, and even better the Wii U only comes out when friends are over since my two games are 1st party Nintendo made couch cooperation multiplayer games (NSMU & Nintendoland).

#16 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Welp, I have now played Nintendo Land for atleast an hour yesterday and today. The game has never frozed on me.

#17 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

Welp, I have now played Nintendo Land for atleast an hour yesterday and today. The game has never frozed on me.

Gamingclone

Play the Wii U for a week. I'm seeing in this thread people that said the same thing last week to me. They are now talking of Freezing today.

Maybe you'll get lucky who knows, however these things take time to manifest.

Perhaps next month you can make this thread and be converted, and some newer poster who bought a Wii U in that future timeline then will tell you he never had no freezes in his two days of ownership.

I wonder what you'd post. :P

#18 Posted by tonyleo01 (2054 posts) -

My girlfriend and I were playing Nintendoland all day when we first got it without any issue. Now it's starting to freeze all the time making it unplayable. Don't know what's the issue is but a number of people also seems to have this problem. There appears to be some sort of workarounds but so far none of them work for me yet. No freezing on Mario Wii U though.

#19 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

My girlfriend and I were playing Nintendoland all day when we first got it without any issue. Now it's starting to freeze all the time making it unplayable. Don't know what's the issue is but a number of people also seems to have this problem. There appears to be some sort of workarounds but so far none of them work for me yet. No freezing on Mario Wii U though.

tonyleo01

Yeah, my first few days were trouble free as well.