Wii U eShop Questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

optimal_saint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 optimal_saint
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
What games will be available at launch? I plan on getting Trine 2. What will the games cost? Will future Virtual Console games (c'mon DuckTales) be able to be played on the Gamepad? I still have online points on my Wii will there be a way to transfer them to the Wii U? (and buy Trine 2)
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I was wondering same thing about wii points. Did dsi shop points transfer to 3ds? I have like 400 unused points,
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

(1)What games will be available at launch? I plan on getting Trine 2.

(2)What will the games cost?

(3)Will future Virtual Console games (c'mon DuckTales) be able to be played on the Gamepad?

(4)I still have online points on my Wii will there be a way to transfer them to the Wii U? (and buy Trine 2)optimal_saint

1. All launch day 1st party retail games will also be available for download from the eshop day 1. So basicly all first party Wii U games will be available both at retail and on the eshop whenever they launch. As for 3rd parties, its up to them, not Nintendo, to put their games on Nintendo's download store. Like you noted, there will also be quite a few download only games from what I hear also available on the eshop day 1, such as Trine 2. As for other stuff, all Wiiware and Virtural console games (Wii) will also be available for download (or transfer from Wii to Wii U I think) day one. Something to note is that no Wiiware or Virtural console game (Wii) will be playable on the gamepad from what I've heard.
  2. Retail games, prices will varry, though most if not all launch titles will be around 60 US dollars (expect most 1st party titles to never go down in price, Iwata has said that he doesnt believe 3rd parties on the other hand will be able to retain their premium value the longer they are on store shelves). As for download games, if its the downloadable verson of a retail game, expect lower prices (unless the game is a 1st party title). If it is a download only game, expect prices to range from 10 dollars and up, though they shouldnt cost as much as the download versons of physical retail games.
  3. If we arent talking the Wii's Virtural console games, then Im not sure. As far as I know, no Wii U virtural console games have been announced. Though when they are announced I would imagine that they could easily support the gamepad's screen.
  4. Um, I dont have an answer to this, sorry.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts
I doubt Wii Points will transfer since I don't think Nintendo will be using them anymore, so my advice is just buy something and then transfer it to the Wii U.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

When do we find out how much the retail games will cost?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts

gameofthering
Everyone knew from the moment the Wii U was announced, $59.99 USD.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

[QUOTE="gameofthering"]

Sepewrath

Everyone knew from the moment the Wii U was announced, $59.99 USD.

plus with the bonus with the preminum edition of 59.99 x 100=500 points

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
Go nintendo.com says that wii points transfer as part of a system transfer. So that's good news.
calway55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 calway55
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

Not sure about VC games, but from all the sites I've read, it looks like it is best to wait until 12/1 to purchase any of the downloads to earn points. It appears to be a reward for whoever purchases the deluxe Wii U. Points can be accumulated until 12/2014 which allows money off on downloads but doesn't start until 12/1.

I'm interested in Little Inferno which will be Wii U ware. There was a 4 page write up on it in the last issue of Nintendo Power which is sadly coming to an end this year.

spotsfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spotsfree
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Im not sure this is the right place for my question, but i was wondering if i could buy Wii points using my paysafecard? I dont use any other payment methods for my online purchases and I just realized that Wii has this eshop (i know im a bit behind, but better late than never)... how do the rest of you buy things?
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AutoPilotOn
Im not sure this is the right place for my question, but i was wondering if i could buy Wii points using my paysafecard? I dont use any other payment methods for my online purchases and I just realized that Wii has this eshop (i know im a bit behind, but better late than never)... how do the rest of you buy things?spotsfree
I read on go nintendo.com wii points transfer when you do a system transfer.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I doubt Wii Points will transfer since I don't think Nintendo will be using them anymore, so my advice is just buy something and then transfer it to the Wii U. Sepewrath
The translation from the Japanese site says that Wii Points won't transfer, IGN reports otherwise. So, still up in the air.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I doubt Wii Points will transfer since I don't think Nintendo will be using them anymore, so my advice is just buy something and then transfer it to the Wii U. Haziqonfire

The translation from the Japanese site says that Wii Points won't transfer, IGN reports otherwise. So, still up in the air.

It seems to be they transfer but from what I've gathered they will go in the Wii Shop channel in the Wii mode on the Wii U. From everything I've read the new eShop and the Wii Shop channel will be kept separate. I hope that's not the case though.