Wii System with the most Potential?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

I think Wii is the system with the most potential evedint by sales going throught the roof and some pretty nice titles were seeing but what do u guys think?

Wii60 Owner i wish

JonDohJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JonDohJersey
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

I agree

and I think it is already doing that

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
yea its dominating but it still lacking some things and needs more online games to appeal some more people but overall looks like the wii will be pretty hard to find this holidays
radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

I've said this before but I'll gladly say it again. In one year's time the Wii will be super owning, it'll have all its big hits out and by 2008 alota 3rd party devolpers had have time to properly devolp and release then to give the Nintendo hit stars a break and they'll return with hit titles late 2008 and 2009. One years time the Wii offers: Mario Galaxt, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Curruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. which will keep many occupied for ages and surpasses PS3 and 360.

zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts
Yea its a good yearto own a Wii and a DS
Jonthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jonthin
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts

Yes the Wii isdoing good right now, but xbox360 isn't doing to bad either, although its been out for almost 2 and a half years now. With Halo 3, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2 and some other great games they are doing good. But by the end of the year, after the wii's been out for a little over a year it Will be the Best with games like, Super Smash bros Brawl, Battalion Wars 2, Mp3( already out), Resident evil 4 Wii edition, Super Mario Galaxy, twilight Princess ( already out), and many more. The Wii will dominate the gaming feild by the end of the year. Also all Ps3 has is, pretty much just MGS 4 and God of war 3 but i dont know when they come out.

GulliverJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GulliverJr
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts

Oh, boy, I'm going to get flamed, but here goes:

The Wii is a great system. Playing tonight, I experienced the best evening of gaming on it that I have since I owned it. The problem is that I was playing Metroid Prime..for the GameCube.

I am a bad guy, and I will readily admit that I am perhaps not Nintendo's core demographic target for the Wii. And I readily admit that I knew what I was getting into before I bought the console. But it's okay to want , isn't it?

Anyway, I have no interest in playing any Mario titles, or the next iteration of Diddy Kong, or Smash Brothers. What I would like to see is an RPG with a little more Sci-Fi/fantasy spin than Zelda, or a really good FPS to add to MP3C. A great racing game would be a nice addition too, maybe the next NFS installment will be good enough. I guess Manhunt is coming out, which might be something I will be intrested in...if it's good; not just because of its subject material.

The Wii is great, and it is a solid console in my collection, but mainly because I have my 360 and my PS3 and my PCs.

So pls don't take this the wrong way. The only reason I am saying this is because I think that for Nintendo to innovate, a handful of titles, the kind of titles that maybe they tend to stay away from and are never present in abundance on their systems, might be nice to see executed well on the Wii. A slightly more polished game along the lines of Prince of Persia would be a nice add-on. The console is great, and the company is doing well. I just hope they attempt to push the boundaries on this subject and provide sufficient fare for everyone who owns their console.

There is no question that they can crank out good games built on their legacy franchises and IP. Now I would like to see something built that is outside their normal comfort zone. The graphics do not have to be awesome, they don't need all the HD glitz of the other consoles, but MP3C proves that competent, immersive FPS's are feasible. So how about some more?

But it's ok; even if they don't, there is still plenty to play on the console, and I do not begrudge them their current strategy. In a perfect world, the Wii would host all of the games that it already has coming out, as well as sharp FPS', RTS', and driving Sims...but I know the world doesn't have to be perfect. It would just be nice to have some choices.

OK, end diatribe. Go ahead and flame-spray me; I'm sure someone will despite the fact that I said that I think the console is great.

- Vr/GulliverJR.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts

The Wii is a great system. Playing tonight, I experienced the best evening of gaming on it that I have since I owned it. The problem is that I was playing Metroid Prime..for the GameCube.

I am a bad guy, and I will readily admit that I am perhaps not Nintendo's core demographic target for the Wii. And I readily admit that I knew what I was getting into before I bought the console. But it's okay to want , isn't it?

Anyway, I have no interest in playing any Mario titles, or the next iteration of Diddy Kong, or Smash Brothers. What I would like to see is an RPG with a little more Sci-Fi/fantasy spin than Zelda, or a really good FPS to add to MP3C. A great racing game would be a nice addition too, maybe the next NFS installment will be good enough. I guess Manhunt is coming out, which might be something I will be intrested in...if it's good; not just because of its subject material.

The Wii is great, and it is a solid console in my collection, but mainly because I have my 360 and my PS3 and my PCs.

So pls don't take this the wrong way. The only reason I am saying this is because I think that for Nintendo to innovate, a handful of titles, the kind of titles that maybe they tend to stay away from and are never present in abundance on their systems, might be nice to see executed well on the Wii. A slightly more polished game along the lines of Prince of Persia would be a nice add-on. The console is great, and the company is doing well. I just hope they attempt to push the boundaries on this subject and provide sufficient fare for everyone who owns their console.

There is no question that they can crank out good games built on their legacy franchises and IP. Now I would like to see something built that is outside their normal comfort zone. The graphics do not have to be awesome, they don't need all the HD glitz of the other consoles, but MP3C proves that competent, immersive FPS's are feasible. So how about some more?

But it's ok; even if they don't, there is still plenty to play on the console, and I do not begrudge them their current strategy. In a perfect world, the Wii would host all of the games that it already has coming out, as well as sharp FPS', RTS', and driving Sims...but I know the world doesn't have to be perfect. It would just be nice to have some choices.

OK, end diatribe. Go ahead and flame-spray me; I'm sure someone will despite the fact that I said that I think the console is great.

- Vr/GulliverJR.

GulliverJr

I second that beutifully present arguement. Except I'm happy with Zelda / Mario and stuff. But otherwise you make a clear and inspirational point.

FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts

- Vr/GulliverJR.

GulliverJr

Nah, there's no reason to don your Robe of the Fire Rat. I'd like to see Nintendo push a couple new IPs as well (though I am still a fan of Mario, Metroid, and Zelda after almost 20 years). I wouldn't even mind a couple solid and balanced (single and multiplayer) FPS games hitting the Wii. And there's no way I'd protest any good turn-based or tactical RPG coming to the system. Heh I even wrote a program to count down the days until FE10's launch. Like I've been telling my friends, play what makes you happy. That's why we play games anyways, isn't it? ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

I third that.. i love teh console... but it need more games.. n my case mature/horror game... i do not play casual games exc party 1 every 1-2 months and i do not need more that the 2 games party i laready have :P

I love my zelda... and would pry get galaxy (being a long time since i had fun with a clasic mario game, so why not?

But i would love to see more games....

that said... i think that for mid 2008 -2009 we may get them (hopefully)

T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

- Vr/GulliverJR.

GulliverJr

Y don u jus leave u wii hatin troll lmfao1!1!!!1!!

Just kidding.

Really, this is a fair argument, there is no reason why anybody should attack you for this.

Avatar image for Lord_Tulak_Hord
Lord_Tulak_Hord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Tulak_Hord
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts
Mate i love wii, yet i agree with you on some of your thoughts. I also think that Nintendo should produce ( or make a 3rd party developer produce ) some new games other than metroid, zelda and mario. I'd really like to play a rpg that takes place in the future, a racing sim, a sandbox style cool action game that's exclusive for wii. It wouldn't hurt to have a fps with online gaming either.
ArticPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArticPhantom
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
agree
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
[QUOTE="GulliverJr"]

- Vr/GulliverJR.

T_Largo

Y don u jus leave u wii hatin troll lmfao1!1!!!1!!

Just kidding.

Really, this is a fair argument, there is no reason why anybody should attack you for this.

While i do like the games you dont i see your point with the FPS issue

Wii60 Owner i wish

NK_Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NK_Nighthawk
Member since 2007 • 3369 Posts
System Warz???
GulliverJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GulliverJr
Member since 2005 • 552 Posts

No, I don;t think so, and I certainly apologize if anyone thought I was trying to turn this into a system wars issue. I do like the Wii. I think maybe I was just putting a different spin on why I liked it.

- Vr/GulliverJR.

Gameslayer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Gameslayer3
Member since 2006 • 19915 Posts
i think it is with it being able to use the contrals for new things
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Well, well, i love my wii.

Is the system with most Potential? I think...Yes

Why? Because all the new tools for the 3rd party's, the first generation of games wasn't that great, with exceptions of course like Zelda, RE4 Wii edition, Madden 07, etc. Remember the n64, their first games where...Bad in some cases, Doom 64, War Gods,Quest 64, Hexen, and all the clones to Mario 64, Buuuuuuuuuut, when the3rd parties know how to work with the console... WOW! Turok, Rogue Squadron, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Castlevania LoD, not to mention the masterpieces of Nintendo, anyway, the Wii is a new form to play, with Nintendo show all the developers how to make good games, (Super Mario Galazy, Zelda TP,MP3,BW2,SSBB,etc) they will learn quickly and they're gonna do true games, soooooooooo, yes Wii have the potential, together with 360, they actually doing great games too. Microsoft and Nintendo Rules. And PS3, well after Metal Gear 4..., its over Sony.

Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Absolutely......with all the franchise games coming out this fall......and the future games they have in store for Wii owners! Plus, with the increasing popularity, there are other publishers coming out of the wood work, and showing interest in the Wii. And one in particular that could bring games to the Wii is Take-Two. Check out this article: Keep in mind this is not a definite, but it could mean Bioshock for the Wii in '09!!!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=172655

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

Mate i love wii, yet i agree with you on some of your thoughts. I also think that Nintendo should produce ( or make a 3rd party developer produce ) some new games other than metroid, zelda and mario. I'd really like to play a rpg that takes place in the future, a racing sim, a sandbox style cool action game that's exclusive for wii. It wouldn't hurt to have a fps with online gaming either.Lord_Tulak_Hord

Why are you saying that? Check out Gametrailers and Gamespot, those games are coming, trust me