Wii Shop Download concern

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hevallofave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hevallofave
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I was wondering something about the Wii shop game download. If you ever have a problem with your Wii and need to whipe it's memory, can you re-download the game you have already paid for using Wii points or you need to buy them again? Thank you (I tried to find an answer to that on the official nintendo site, but I had no luck).
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I was wondering something about the Wii shop game download. If you ever have a problem with your Wii and need to whipe it's memory, can you re-download the game you have already paid for using Wii points or you need to buy them again? Thank you (I tried to find an answer to that on the official nintendo site, but I had no luck).Hevallofave

If you downloaded the game first, you won't have to repay the second time as long you're linking to the Nintendo servers.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Hevallofave"]I was wondering something about the Wii shop game download. If you ever have a problem with your Wii and need to whipe it's memory, can you re-download the game you have already paid for using Wii points or you need to buy them again? Thank you (I tried to find an answer to that on the official nintendo site, but I had no luck).chris3116

If you downloaded the game first, you won't have to repay the second time as long you're linking to the Nintendo servers.

No, if you format the memory you don't get anything back

Formatting is only done in the case that you are getting rid of the Wii.

o-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 o-dude
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts

If you format the memory then you get nothing back, so my gues would be that you do have to buy it again.

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
So formatting the Wii creates a new Wii number and WiiShop account?
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
For what I know (not 100% sure), if you format the wii system memory it will erase everything except the wii shop channel profile. The game channels of the wii menu will be erased, but you can still download them again for free.