Wii Remote not working???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
Well it is working now, but yesterday when i went to go play my Wii, whenever i would press a button nothing would happen except for the LCD lights at the bottom would blink. I tryed to resync it but that didnt do anything. Anybody know how to fix this? After a couple hours it started working again by the way
Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts
That happens sometimes. It has happened me twice I think. I just took out the batteries and replaced them and it worked. :)
T3H_1337_N1NJ4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 T3H_1337_N1NJ4
Member since 2005 • 2225 Posts
if that doesn't work, unplug and plug the console back!
lase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lase88
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts
I had that happen. I think one of the contributing factors was turning on the console before the wiimote. I shut everything off and then powered on the console with the Wii-mote and everything worked fine.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
That happens sometimes. It has happened me twice I think. I just took out the batteries and replaced them and it worked. :)Tonindo
Same has occurred with me. Twice i think now. But it's not that big of a problem for me to worry about.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
It happened to me twice the first time I just had to read the manual because it was not synching right that happens when you turn off the console before your out of the game but after you pressed the Home button all you have to do is re-synche it the 2nd time I accidently did the same thing, but I knew how to fix it, also when you synch it press the Synch button on the Wii first then press the button on the Wii Remote or do that simultaniously.
mynameisshmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mynameisshmoe
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

if that doesn't work, unplug and plug the console back!T3H_1337_N1NJ4

That's what I had to do.

mrcanfwhoopass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mrcanfwhoopass
Member since 2003 • 3578 Posts
yeah...this has happened to me a couple times....it is good to know the fix
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#9 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

Well it is working now, but yesterday when i went to go play my Wii, whenever i would press a button nothing would happen except for the LCD lights at the bottom would blink. I tryed to resync it but that didnt do anything. Anybody know how to fix this? After a couple hours it started working again by the waygojays

just take the batteries out for like 3 minutes and then put them back in and re-sync. If that doesn't work then you either need a new wii-mote or there is a problem with your console.

Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Yarcofin
Member since 2006 • 3396 Posts
My sound messes up sometimes. I don't know if it's once batteries get half-empty or what. The speaker just stops working for a bit. If you shake it around and gently hit it against your palm a few times, it starts working again.
M_A_F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 M_A_F
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="gojays"]Well it is working now, but yesterday when i went to go play my Wii, whenever i would press a button nothing would happen except for the LCD lights at the bottom would blink. I tryed to resync it but that didnt do anything. Anybody know how to fix this? After a couple hours it started working again by the waycobrax80

just take the batteries out for like 3 minutes and then put them back in and re-sync. If that doesn't work then you either need a new wii-mote or there is a problem with your console.

This is complete bollocks!

There is a common trend here that when someone says their wiimote doesn't work, the standard reply is "replace the batteries". If people don't know the answer, then they shouldn't reply rather than just clutch at straws.

There are loads of threads on this subject and a simple search will find the answers.

Re-synching a wiimote isn't easy. It does take several attempts. I've done it on quite a few occasions. Keep trying and it will sync. Just follow the instructions in the manual.

Caybrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Caybrown
Member since 2004 • 3722 Posts
Sync, you pr0lly not syncing it right dude.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
This problem has occurred a few times for me, and when it does I finally have come to a conclusion on what I BELEIVE to be the problem You said you press the buttons, and "Nothing" correct? The LED lights will light up, look at how many light up. Because whenever you press a buttong besides the Power button, your Wii remote will light up the LEDs to signify about how much battery life is left in the Wii Remotes. From 1-4 with 4 being about 75% and 100% to 1 being about 25% to 1% If you do so, and you have ONE LED Light up, than perhaps it's time you change the batteries. Now IF they all turn on, or more than ONE, I would advise removing the bateries, replacing them, or putting them back in. Go to your system, turn it on via the Power Button (NOT via Remote) Now, Open your Wii Remote cover on the back, press the Red Button, Press the Synch buttong on the Wii Remote, first Hold it for about 7 seconds, then wait at least 5 more seconds. If nothing happens, try again. Really though, you only need to press the button once. What the Wii remote does is save the system it's registered too, HOWEVER if you let the batteries die on you, the Wii Remote's FLash Memory will be erased, because it has no power. So you'll have to re-synch your system.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#14 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax80"]

[QUOTE="gojays"]Well it is working now, but yesterday when i went to go play my Wii, whenever i would press a button nothing would happen except for the LCD lights at the bottom would blink. I tryed to resync it but that didnt do anything. Anybody know how to fix this? After a couple hours it started working again by the wayM_A_F

This is complete bollocks!

There is a common trend here that when someone says their wiimote doesn't work, the standard reply is "replace the batteries". If people don't know the answer, then they shouldn't reply rather than just clutch at straws.

There are loads of threads on this subject and a simple search will find the answers.

Re-synching a wiimote isn't easy. It does take several attempts. I've done it on quite a few occasions. Keep trying and it will sync. Just follow the instructions in the manual.

What are you talking about? this is straight from the nintendo site. I had that same problem and it worked for me.

Avatar image for The_Dark_Jester
The_Dark_Jester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 The_Dark_Jester
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
this has also happened to me before. good to know the solution!
gojays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gojays
Member since 2005 • 1219 Posts
Thanks alot guys:) i appreciate it:D