Wii Remote Glitching Up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sole_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Sole_
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
While I was playing Super Smash Bros Brawl yesterday, I was noticing that my input through the controller and the game's output through my character were glitchy. Even the call that the character makes when you select them on the character selection menu was not coming through the speaker clearly. I replaced the batteries and tried re-syncing the remote 5 times, but got the same results. I switched remotes and the problem was resolved. Has anyone had this issue and if so, what did you do to fix it? I'd hate to think that my Wii Remote has crapped out only after 6 months.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

I switched remotes and the problem was resolved.Sole_
Then you know the problem is with that remote. Maybe you got a bad one, or you broke it somehow.

Sole_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sole_
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
After some more testing, I found that all combinations of my wii remotes and nunchucks are showing glitching during gameplay. The perfect test I've developed is the Coin Launcher in SSBB. Using the Nunchuck and Wii Remote configured controls, if I hold the joystick to the left or right and hold it in that position, the launcher positions to the left or right respectively, but then it defaults to the center randomly in short spurts. I'm led to believe that this is the result of some sort of interference between the Wii Remote and the Wii console. I have re-synced many times with other Remotes, but the interference continues. I have a wireless gateway in my home for wifi and I have a home theater system what has wireless rear speakers. I have relocated the gateway away from the console and found better results, but the problem continues sporadically . Does anyone have any further suggestions? Does anyone have an abundance of wireless devices in their playing area, but no interference? The problem is affecting my gameplay and if I can't resolve this problem, my Wii playing my cease.
LCS2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LCS2008
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

My remote glitches almost 24/7.