Wii Remote Covers- Y/N?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unsunghero28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 unsunghero28
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts

I can tell you without hesitation that the first thing I said when I saw a picture of the Wii Remote Cover was "Good Lord, that thing looks awful."

Well, I just got mine in the mail yesterday, and believe it or not I find myself NOT completely hating them. Some Pros/Cons:

Pros

• Everything is much less sweaty, which is great for any console, not just the Wii.
  • Less dangerous to be playing Wii games.
  • The (in my experience) floppy Wii Remote battery cover doesn't move around so much in your hand.

Cons

• Not the clean look of the original Wii Remote.
  • Putting in batteries ain't easy any more.
  • Feels a little bit awkward AT FIRST- you need to re-learn how to use the Wii Remote, essentially.

Well, still, in my opinion the Pros actually outweigh the Cons. My guess is actually that we'll see a second-generation Wii Remote that has colors AND the features of the Cover built in, plus a charger.

What do you guys think? If anyone else has received their covers in the mail, please share your thoughts.

Quilex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Quilex
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

My first impression is that I will not use them. I must admit I have not played with them on yet but I am not sure how they will feel when using the wiimote when holding it in different positions i.e. the tradition control style, also I am not sure I'll get the same comfort when using it as a golf club although a racket might be better.

I plan to have one remote with it on and one without so I can try each on each game style.

Wiicraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wiicraft
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
Mine just arrived this morning, haven't had a chance to try them out seriously but they feel pretty comfortable, maybe not for smaller hands though.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
I like them actually. They feel comfortable and add some weight to controller which feels nice. I got them a few days ago and haven't taken them off yet. Even though I have yet to drop or throw my Wii-Remote, I'll probably still keep them on. I personally think they look pretty cool.