Wii Nintendo eventually drop Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

banzai_sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 banzai_sword
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
I'm starting to want Nintendo to end Wii eventually and create a regular console without motion controls or voting channels. They should also make their next console with a harddrive so we could get downloadable content for games and stop recieveing shuvel ware and acctually have games like Call of Duty 4 come out for a Nintendo console with all the DLC and extras as the 360,, PC, and PS3. Ok I'm dreaming... so who else wants this?(that is nintendo stopping Wii eventually)
dragonball3900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dragonball3900
Member since 2005 • 8511 Posts
Of course Nintendo is going to stop the Wii "eventually". It is also likely that they will have many of the features and changes that you just listed.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
If you want a PS3/360, get a PS3/360. No sense in having 3 nearly identical consoles.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
That sounds like a 360 or PS3. I would like to see some of those things in the next Nintendo console, but Nintendo has a great things going with the Wii and they're not dropping it for quite some time.
Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 Video_Tycoon
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
LOL. You don't have to like the Wii, and you aren't forced to buy a certain console. >_>
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Oh so you want nintendo to conform....to be just like everybody else with their realistic graphics and there HDD drives and there blue ray-ma-calls-its and their FPS and their rated M games. dude the its only been a year and some months and u want something else. Theres other consoles out there why dont u just buy them too. Oh and no theres no reason to drop the Wii format of things its selling like hot cakes....no better than hot cakes. I think nintendo is might play it safe for the next thing and improve rather than innovate like everyone else did with their systems. Nintendo has a ever growing fan base on the wii so they'll probably keep the Wiiness and just improve things like sensing ability and graphics and memory and such. but honestly who knows

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Oh and no theres no reason to drop the Wii format of things its selling like hot cakes....no better than hot cakes.webbut
I think the phrase should be changed to, "item is selling like Wii's!!!!"
grahamx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 grahamx
Member since 2005 • 153 Posts

I say keep the motion control, but add everything else.

Hard drives , beter graphics, better online, better 3rd party support is what the wii needs. I guess the graphics part is unimportant compared to the others, but the wii is killing itself by doing the stuff it is doing. The online is horrible, SSBB lags like a beast and the friend code system is oh so terrible, with all the downloadable games bthe 500 mb drive will fill up very, very fast, and majority of the third party games that arn't made by ea, capcom or a few others are complete trash... The graphics being at least HD compatable would have been nice, as wii looks very unpolished on an HD TV, and we can't get the high profile games other consoles are getting.

If wii had those points mentioned, it would be totally destroying every other console on the market not just in terms of sales, but there'd be way more fans too.

I do love my wii, with all my heart, but these are true, true facts Seriously nintendo, you can't allow yourself to be stuck in the past, introducing a revolutionary new gameplay style is great, but half assing elements that are required for truely next gen is unacceptable!

Bobo4Cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bobo4Cheese
Member since 2006 • 270 Posts
There's a good chance this is wrong, but I heard Nintendo's next console will come out in 2010. You may not have to wait much longer.
tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
If you want a PS3/360, get a PS3/360. No sense in having 3 nearly identical consoles.metroidfood
Exactly, wishing for another system exactly like the two you have is just stupid, go get a 360 or ps3, the wii is like a breath of fresh air.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Hard drives , beter graphics, better online, better 3rd party support is what the wii needs. I guess the graphics part is unimportant compared to the others, but the wii is killing itself by doing the stuff it is doing. The online is horrible, SSBB lags like a beast and the friend code system is oh so terrible, with all the downloadable games bthe 500 mb drive will fill up very, very fast, and majority of the third party games that arn't made by ea, capcom or a few others are complete trash... The graphics being at least HD compatable would have been nice, as wii looks very unpolished on an HD TV, and we can't get the high profile games other consoles are getting.

If wii had those points mentioned, it would be totally destroying every other console on the market not just in terms of sales, but there'd be way more fans too.

I do love my wii, with all my heart, but these are true, true facts Seriously nintendo, you can't allow yourself to be stuck in the past, introducing a revolutionary new gameplay style is great, but half assing elements that are required for truely next gen is unacceptable!

grahamx

If The Wii had all those things it would lose maybe one of top strongest selling points....the low price. Current Wii takes the ps2 approach to being economically friendly addition to any house hold. Remember the PS2 didnt do well because of its great graphics(it had the worst of the 3) it did well because at the time of its release it was one ofthe cheaper DVD players so it hit gamers and people who just wanted to play DVDs.

bruceylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bruceylee
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i agree with the bazi dude i dont really like the move controls
Avatar image for baseballboy6411
baseballboy6411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 baseballboy6411
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
If u want all those features then buy a 360 OR PS3
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
It's too late for Nintendo to go back. I think it will be Sony and Microsoft will have motion sensor controllers next gen. I can assure that when Wii will be around at 35 million units sold. The PS4 and the next Xbox will have motion sensor.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

grahamx

Nintendo is not stuck in the past. They have the best console, by far. I can't even play the other systems because they are so lame compared to the Wii. The Wii is changing gaming. The only thing the Wii needs now is a Hard drive.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Yes, but not for a while.
ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

grahamx

Your logic is terrible. There are no "requirements" for a next-gen system, and if you think there are then obviously the Wii is not one. If you haven't realized by now the business of video gaming is to appeal to a certain market. Sony and Microsoft have already cornered and exhausted the "core" gamers, there is simply very little room for growth there. Nintendo has changed their philosophy and is going after those who don't demand 360/PS3 graphics, online play or large amounts of internal memory.

In the end it's about making money, and Nintendo is certainly doing very well in that category.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
next generation nintendo is going to make another console but wil keep the wii alive for a while. prehapes they will make the new colsole more fore the hardcore gamers and keep the wii just for the casual gamers. The new one will still have motion controles but mroe advanced just the power and graphics will be like the others.
meinink2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 meinink2y
Member since 2007 • 657 Posts

If you want a PS3/360, get a PS3/360. No sense in having 3 nearly identical consoles.metroidfood

Amen to that. Well said.

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
[QUOTE="grahamx"]

santiagochile

Nintendo is not stuck in the past. They have the best console, by far. I can't even play the other systems because they are so lame compared to the Wii. The Wii is changing gaming. The only thing the Wii needs now is a Hard drive.

How can you not play the others? I love my wii but i honestly just dont feel the competitive edge you could say when im playing the wii unless its brawl. and brawl only when im playing local multiplayer. its a great console but i have to have strong team based multiplayer online games or i would die. :P
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
[QUOTE="webbut"]Oh and no theres no reason to drop the Wii format of things its selling like hot cakes....no better than hot cakes.ZumaJones07
I think the phrase should be changed to, "item is selling like Wii's!!!!"

:lol:Yeah, might as well. Nobody buys hot cakes anymore.