Wii menu themes?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 EYEInferno
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts
Like the topic name says, would you like to change the Wii menu theme? I would.. I'd like a black menu, that would be awesome, I'm starting to dislike this white menu theme.. (With theme I mean the color, but other stuff like layout/appearance could also be nice to modify.) If I'm wrong, and it is already available to change the menu theme, please do tell me how XD..
Yarcofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Yarcofin
Member since 2006 • 3396 Posts
I want to change that god-awful "music", if you can call it that.... it gives me a headache.
lineagemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lineagemaster
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
we should be able to grab an image from the pictures channel and use it as a background...also nintendo could give some themes for us to download...(Just an idea)
EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EYEInferno
we should be able to grab an image from the pictures channel and use it as a background...also nintendo could give some themes for us to download...(Just an idea)lineagemaster
Yeah would be nice :). Hope they realize it soon..
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts
I'm not sure what theme I would want, but it would be nice with some change. I don't care that much, though. It looks good the way it is.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

option 2 for me.

id love it if ninty released themes for the system. basic themes like a black coloured background would be kewl. als game themes like a mario galaxy or MP3 theme would also be ace.

it would also be kewl if we could customise it ourselves using a small app in the firmware or maybe a seperate channel. the ability to share themes would also be kewl.

finall i would like to create my own layout for channels. id love to be able to create a channel the behaves like a folder in windows. so, for EG, i could create an N64 channel and put all my N64 VC games in there. then, when i click on it, it goes to another screen with lots of channel slots and all my N64 games are there. i hate having everything on the one screen...it can get very clutterd.

EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EYEInferno

option 2 for me.

id love it if ninty released themes for the system. basic themes like a black coloured background would be kewl. als game themes like a mario galaxy or MP3 theme would also be ace.

it would also be kewl if we could customise it ourselves using a small app in the firmware or maybe a seperate channel. the ability to share themes would also be kewl.

finall i would like to create my own layout for channels. id love to be able to create a channel the behaves like a folder in windows. so, for EG, i could create an N64 channel and put all my N64 VC games in there. then, when i click on it, it goes to another screen with lots of channel slots and all my N64 games are there. i hate having everything on the one screen...it can get very clutterd.

osan0
I want the exact same things :). (Lets hope Nintendo reads this :P, more safari less track :P)
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

I want Pokemon poeking their heads out from the side of the screen, similar to the Pokemon Game Boy Color.

That'd be awesome. >_>

djpaulis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 djpaulis
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think the more you can costomize the better!! Add pics from the internet, your camera, music from CD's or Games. Even better yet have the game that you have in the wii Become the theme. (IE: Zelda , Have the theme music play in the background, Zelda like iconsand colors on the "desktop" )

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I would love to have themes to customize my menu. And having a Metroid song or two instead of the hearing test shriek we have now would be nice.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
I don't know if I would, but I sure would like to have the option to do so.
danathjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 danathjo
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

the more options the better, no matter if you choose so or not

some 8-bit art would be pretty cool, upload your own jpeg or mp3 to greet you?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Meh I like it the way it is.
Lafuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Lafuigi
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
Nintendo should release an update in the form as a download in the wii shop. You could update channels likethe Mii channel to get moredetails for Miis.
Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ponmop
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts

Meh I like it the way it is.Duckman5

Sure there's nothing wrong with the way it is, but it wouldn't hurt anything for people to be able to customize it if they desired.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Duckman5

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Meh I like it the way it is.Ponmop

Sure there's nothing wrong with the way it is, but it wouldn't hurt anything for people to be able to customize it if they desired.

Options are fine I'm just saying personally I'd keep it the same.

Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ponmop
[QUOTE="Ponmop"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Meh I like it the way it is.Duckman5

I gotcha.

EvilShark94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EvilShark94
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts
i would like 2 make a mario or Dk backround so i think it would be awesome if i could change the theme
rjs927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rjs927
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts
I'm staying neutral because I think it would be a nice option but I'm not sure if I would use it. Basically... I won't be mad if we get it and I won't be sad if we don't
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I don't see the point of it. I'm not at the menu enough to even care. I look at it like customizing your computer background and icons... you can do it, but people only do it because they can't find anything else to do with their time. It will all be covered up with windows and you won't see it anyway... same thing with the Wii menu. If you spend too much time looking at it to bug you go buy a game. But to each their own.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 raahsnavj
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Ponmop"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Meh I like it the way it is.Ponmop

I gotcha.

I disagree with this as it will hurt something. To make those changes there must be some talented asian person spending time on it... when they could be working on a dev team for an upcoming game instead. I guess they could put it on some interns to-do list.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Ponmop"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Ponmop"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Meh I like it the way it is.raahsnavj

I gotcha.

I disagree with this as it will hurt something. To make those changes there must be some talented asian person spending time on it... when they could be working on a dev team for an upcoming game instead. I guess they could put it on some interns to-do list.

What are you talking about?

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sants412
[QUOTE="Ponmop"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Ponmop"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Meh I like it the way it is.raahsnavj

I gotcha.

You're wrong on so many levels. And was the word "Asian" necessary?
MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

I want to change that god-awful "music", if you can call it that.... it gives me a headache.Yarcofin

Haha, yeah. Its sooo annoiying.

Ponmop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ponmop

I disagree with this as it will hurt something. To make those changes there must be some talented asian person spending time on it... when they could be working on a dev team for an upcoming game instead. I guess they could put it on some interns to-do list.raahsnavj

Are you serious? Are you trying to say that someone taking a couple of hours to tweak the menu screen would cause the next Zelda (or whatever) to not be as good as it would have otherwise been? Or were you just kidding? I honestly can't tell.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sants412

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"] I disagree with this as it will hurt something. To make those changes there must be some talented asian person spending time on it... when they could be working on a dev team for an upcoming game instead. I guess they could put it on some interns to-do list.Ponmop

Are you serious? Are you trying to say that someone taking a couple of hours to tweak the menu screen would cause the next Zelda (or whatever) to not be as good as it would have otherwise been? Or were you just kidding? I'm honestly not sure.

I hope he was kidding.
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
I woudn't mind actual themes for my Wii. Just imagine a Metroid or Zelda theme...
killerkorean2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killerkorean2
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts
raahsnavj wrote:

Aren't they going to have the Wii menu music in the Pictochat level in SSBB Good thing you can disable it.

Also, would you rather have a customizable menu, or a new channel?

mottaman4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mottaman4
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
I posted this same idea awhile ago and nobody cared.T_T
Mac8457

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mac8457
Member since 2005 • 2624 Posts
Riiiiiight, Its not like they can hire somebody to do this for them.... Good call though.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 raahsnavj

The politically correct version:

Making the menu customizable and still user friendly would take development time. Someone would have to do the work at Nintendo, someone would have to test it to make sure they didn't break something by adding these new features, and they would have to support it. We could speculate how much 'real time' all of this would take but would you perfer these changes to anything else nintendo could spend their development/support money on for the same amount of time? Would it make that much of a difference in my opinion, no. Maybe something for the next gen console.

Sorry I replied in such a manner that we all got stuck on the adjectives rather than the process I was thinking about.

On a related note how many other consoles have these features? Just curious if it's the norm and I'm missing out on my wii or just a nice to have that would give it that little bit more uniqueness.

fool_man_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fool_man_dude
Member since 2003 • 1080 Posts

while i agree with you, my suggestion for clutter is to act as if ever page is a folder, so have all n64 games on one page, etc. this creates some orginization.

:D

option 2 for me.

osan0
roll450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 roll450
Member since 2006 • 4113 Posts
Well I would atleast change the backround and yes with the music and the channel icons when a channel is not over them.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
damn.. thats strange that i haven't thought of that. GOOD IDEA! Anyway. yes. Nintendo should do it. Background, music, style, everything.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#36 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I'm neutral on this. I wouldn't mind being able to change it but I'm also alright with the theme now
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
They need to make a VC channel. This way we can organize the VC games anyway we want, even if you erase a game off your Wii it still list the games you bought and some other features can be there. the main thing is so I dont need to have all these random games on the channels.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 raahsnavj
They need to make a VC channel. This way we can organize the VC games anyway we want, even if you erase a game off your Wii it still list the games you bought and some other features can be there. the main thing is so I dont need to have all these random games on the channels.sonic_rusher
I think would be nice to have, albeit not necessary. Once you run out of room you have to put the game on an SD card or just delete it and redownload it. But it would be nice to have a reminder somewhere on your channles that you have the other games. Like scanning your collection just looking for something that easily jumps out at you. Then you could always just pull it back off the card or what not. They do have something 'like' this but you have to go into the Wii Shop channel and then look at all items you have purchased.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]They need to make a VC channel. This way we can organize the VC games anyway we want, even if you erase a game off your Wii it still list the games you bought and some other features can be there. the main thing is so I dont need to have all these random games on the channels.raahsnavj
I think would be nice to have, albeit not necessary. Once you run out of room you have to put the game on an SD card or just delete it and redownload it. But it would be nice to have a reminder somewhere on your channles that you have the other games. Like scanning your collection just looking for something that easily jumps out at you. Then you could always just pull it back off the card or what not. They do have something 'like' this but you have to go into the Wii Shop channel and then look at all items you have purchased.

This idea is needed because I am running out of room and its getting so annoying to have look through the games. If its on an sd then it just merely indicates that you need to put in the memory.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raahsnavj

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]They need to make a VC channel. This way we can organize the VC games anyway we want, even if you erase a game off your Wii it still list the games you bought and some other features can be there. the main thing is so I dont need to have all these random games on the channels.sonic_rusher

This idea is needed because I am running out of room and its getting so annoying to have look through the games. If its on an sd then it just merely indicates that you need to put in the memory.

Please note the bold text. I think it was nintendos intention to have you look at the 'all purchases' section of the Wii Shop channel and just download it again instead of putting it on an SD card. I agree... it isn't the most fluid way of doing it is it?

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
The white hurts my eyes on the big tv.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

I'm not sure what theme I would want, but it would be nice with some change. I don't care that much, though. It looks good the way it is.Litchie

Imagine a brawl theme :D

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]They need to make a VC channel. This way we can organize the VC games anyway we want, even if you erase a game off your Wii it still list the games you bought and some other features can be there. the main thing is so I dont need to have all these random games on the channels.raahsnavj

Please note the bold text. I think it was nintendos intention to have you look at the 'all purchases' section of the Wii Shop channel and just download it again instead of putting it on an SD card. I agree... it isn't the most fluid way of doing it is it?

no its not. thats why they need to make a dedicated and organized channel, cause I was able to get TONS of VC games and they are everywhere. but ya i see what you meant now.
ExtremeJaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ExtremeJaz
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Do you guys actually know that you can change you wii menu?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Actually,I'm a little bored with only having a white background. It'd be awesome if I could change it around.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Neutral.

I think the White Wii should have the white menu, and the black one should have a black menu.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#47 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I want to change that god-awful "music", if you can call it that.... it gives me a headache.Yarcofin
I'd love see it go too. It's just so agravating

Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Yeah the Wii menu theme is bland but it matches the Wii's color. But the SD card menu looks sweet, if only the Wii had black to begin with...

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
Totaly the Second Option! I would love to change it!
boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
i actually dont you could change the sides because if you go to your mail box and move it over to the left side you can see it from the menu